Big Sur on 15h_16h - not yet ...

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Hi
I'm testing for some days now to get Big Sur installed on my fx8350 desktop using OpenCore 0.6.3.
No success so far, stuck at [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] <timestamp>

I'm using the latest experimental patches at https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/experimental-opencore/15h_16h
Guess this is still work in progress, although working on my Catalina install.
Anyone managed to get it installed?

Shaneee, I'm willing to test/support where I can. Let me know how I can help.
Thanks

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you use a debug version of OpenCore and set the debug target to 67 please. Then upload the OpenCore log so I can see what patches are working and what one's aren't.

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Can you use a debug version of OpenCore and set the debug target to 67 please. Then upload the OpenCore log so I can see what patches are working and what one's aren't.
Hi Shaneee, only error I get in the debug log is
00:000 00:000 OC: Kernel patcher result 4 for kernel (algrey - cpuid_set_cache_info - cpuid 0x8000001D instead 0 10.16) - Not Found

To be honest I now get a bit further in booting my USB Installer stick after disabling some kexts I'm using in Catalina. Maybe this kernel patch error is not prohibiting boot, but some other setting. But after a while crash ...

thanks for looking into it

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That's fine. It's a duplicate that needs removed. What's the crash?

tura999

AMD OS X Member
In my system AMD APU 5800K with a HD7950 its working fine, not so fast but work i still in beta channel.

MihaT

AMD OS X Member
Привет
Я уже несколько дней тестирую, чтобы установить Big Sur на мой рабочий стол fx8350 с помощью OpenCore 0.6.3.
Пока никаких успехов, застрял на [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] <отметка времени>

Я использую последние экспериментальные патчи в https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/experimental-opencore/15h_16h
Думаю, это все еще продолжается, хотя и работает над моей установкой Catalina.
Кому-нибудь удалось его установить?

Шейни, я готов тестировать / поддерживать там, где смогу. Дайте мне знать, чем я могу помочь.
Спасибо

Hi
I'm testing for some days now to get Big Sur installed on my fx8350 desktop using OpenCore 0.6.3.

I'm using the latest experimental patches at https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/experimental-opencore/15h_16h

Thanks
Try this EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 67

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hi

Thanks
hi
can you give your specs ?
I've got a fx and all it's fine
If you want

Last edited:

Trevor30

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem as the author of the first message.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-22-111745.txt
    256 KB · Views: 9

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
I have the same problem as the author of the first message.
hello trevor
I take a look on your log
are you sure that you need all kext ?
idem for driver ?
XLNC says to me use only what you need . see my config.plist is minimalist

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI
Hi again, sorry for late reply but tested a lot last days.
I started from this EFI (thanks MihaT). I succeeded to boot from my installer USB and did the installation process (took almost 5 hours!).
In the end I now have a Big Sur installer folder on my hard drive with the installer.dmg. In a second boot I selected my internal hard drive to proceed with the installer, but there I'm stuck again.
Installer seems to boot, I reach the apple symbol and progressing bar, but then again an error message. Error tells me that my disk is 'write locked'. And something like 'Volume macOS Base System is not in a volume group'.
Is this due to the fact that I'm trying to install Big Sur on a SSD with another Catalina Volume? So this disk has the EFI and 2 containers: 1 APFS for Catalina and 1 APFS for Big Sur.

Thanks again!

dhrmatt

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys, didn't wanna create another topic just for this, but i've got the almost the same hardware (FX 8150, M5A99X-EVO and RX580) and the EFI posted by MihaT. I manage to boot into the USB Installer but i get stuck in Apple's logo, my OpenCore log is attached.
In b4, Thank you for any help.

Attachments

• opencore-2020-11-24-195427.txt
    256 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20201124_200408.jpg
    IMG_20201124_200408.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 5

Hlfhi

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI
This EFI worked perfectly for me thank you so much!!! I had to make a usb with 11.0.1 on it already then clone that completed USB to my SSD! I have an asus m5a99fx pro r 2.0, 8320E, rx 580, and 24gb of ram. Only thing I have gotten to work is istat which shows my gpu temp and cpu utilization.

Last edited:

Dhaniekonugroho

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI
Hello MihaT, thanks for this. It seems to work on my AMD FX build. The installation is still in progress when I write this comment. I just curious which OpenCore version in this EFI? Thanks again, mate. Great work!!

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
I finally solved my issue. I need to use a patched AHCIPort.kext (CtlnaAHCIPort.kext) to get it to work.
And to be honest I just cloned my HD (from a working Big Sur installation on an Intel laptop) with the latest CCC to my AMDFX desktop.

One problem remains. I can only boot from my USB drive Opencore EFI. I did a copy of this USB EFI to my hard drive. Opencore starts, I can select the Big Sur volume, but getting a kernel panic.
How can this be solved?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
One problem remains. I can only boot from my USB drive Opencore EFI. I did a copy of this USB EFI to my hard drive. Opencore starts, I can select the Big Sur volume, but getting a kernel panic.
How can this be solved?

Share an image of the Kernel Panic please.

AntarcticPL

AMD OS X Member
Hi Shaneee
see attached 2 OpenCore logs. Booting from USB works, booting from SSD EFI does not.
Very strange, because I copied the EFI folder from my USB to the SSD. Something related to AHCI driver, Samsung SSD ?
thanks!

Attachments

• Opencore logs.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 6

Pehem17260

AMD OS X Member
Hi Shaneee
see attached 2 OpenCore logs. Booting from USB works, booting from SSD EFI does not.
Very strange, because I copied the EFI folder from my USB to the SSD. Something related to AHCI driver, Samsung SSD ?
thanks!
Hello
I look your logs
try npci=0x3000 in boot-args
and verify your patch.plist it seem it's not complete

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.