New kernel patches are out and working fine. Thanks to shanee

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

albcc

AMD OS X Member
New kernel patches are out and working fine. Thanks to shanee
Still non working to me. What System definition did you use?
Tried but still not working in my case (iMac19,1).
I downloaded experimental openCore of course. I also checked enrolled status then I urolled, enrolled again but still "No Update".
I don't even know if I should open an issue on Github since the wrote that "ANY REQUEST FOR HELP SHALL BE IGNORED".

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@albcc getting the update to show up in system preferences software update has nothing to do with either OpenCore or the AMD kernel patches... I'm reading this every time a new beta comes up, some people do not get it even on Intel systems. Disabled SIP is one cause for this for example.

albcc

AMD OS X Member
@albcc getting the update to show up in system preferences software update has nothing to do with either OpenCore or the AMD kernel patches... I'm reading this every time a new beta comes up, some people do not get it even on Intel systems. Disabled SIP is one cause for this for example.

And that's true. Changed sip to enabled, resetted NVRAM and now the update is available.

thanks @Aluveitie for letting me learn something new.

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 16.36.57.png

Heiko77

AMD OS X Member

I downloaded experimental openCore of course. I also checked enrolled status then I urolled, enrolled again but still "No Update".
I don't even know if I should open an issue on Github since the wrote that "ANY REQUEST FOR HELP SHALL BE IGNORED".

I’m using MacPro1,1

I'm using iMacPro1,1, added new patches and just tried to update from system. Update runs fast with many reboots, but went fine. I'm using OC0.61

Attachments

• Screenshot 21-09-2020 19.14.36.png
    Screenshot 21-09-2020 19.14.36.png
    82 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 21-09-2020 19.15.01.png
    Screenshot 21-09-2020 19.15.01.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 6

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

vk2emp

AMD OS X Member
Another thing that may cause issues getting software update to detect the beta 7 update, you may be on the wrong seed - I thought I had my hack on the developer seed - turns out it was on the public beta seed.

I fixed it with this line in terminal:

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil enroll DeveloperSeed

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Neckbeard

AMD OS X Member
The Experimental OpenCore branch worked for me. They updated it 2 days ago for Beta 7.

I also had to unplug my Corsair USB gear as it thought I was running on battery, due to the Commander Pro showing up as a UPS. I had to unplug it from the internal usb2 headers for BS install, but not for updates until now.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.