AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone,

[CPU][AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor] |

[Motherboard][MSI B450M MORTAR MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard] |
[Memory][Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory] |
[Memory][Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory] |
[Storage][Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive] |

[Storage][Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive] |

So getting it installed isn't an easy task.

1. Download a copy of Big Sir via the update on Catalina, it will download to the Applications folder and launch after, Close the installer and do a createmediainstall command from terminal or use GibmacOS and make USB Installer

2. Either you will need to use Virtual Box to install on or a real Mac supporting the update, I used a Mac Pro 5,1 and installed the system to a NVME Drive
You have to install on a VM or real Mac to the desktop all setup otherwise Opencore will not boot the system, As this is beta 1 there is currently no support and the patches for AMD are experimental. Virtual Box Settings for Terminal - Run these after you create the VM

3. Once you have a working copy of the preinstalled system you need to disconnect your Catalina/Mojave drive in your Ryzen and add the drive for Big Sur
Do not mix systems as the new patches could break your main system.

4. Add the EFI Folder to the EFI Partition of a New Formatted HFS+ USB, you will need to add your SSDT's and Ethernet kexts as normal, the basic sects are included in the Zip
Latest Build of Opencore with Config changes and updated supported kexts, You will also need your Own SMBIOS, recommended MacPro1,1

5. Boot into your new System (Navi Users will still need the adgpmod=pikera flag)

Now you have a Working Ryzentosh System.

Credits to: Shannee for the Config.plist to make sure everything was correct, NoOne for the hard work and the rest of the AMD Community for supporting us as a community!

Attachments

• Ryzen.jpg
    Ryzen.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 334
  • EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hint: You don't even need a supported Mac, you can use OpenCore (no patches/kexts, just changing the SMBIOS) to install Big Sur (or other MacOS versions) on officially unsupported Macs.

eMac

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hint: You don't even need a supported Mac, you can use OpenCore (no patches/kexts, just changing the SMBIOS) to install Big Sur (or other MacOS versions) on officially unsupported Macs.
Yes I know I used a Mac Pro 5,1 :)

Heiko77

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for it. You solved my problem. Also booted fine now on Ryzen 5 2600 on Gigabyte GA-AB 350 Gaming 3 with RX 580. I only got network problem, I've got to look at.

eMac

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for it. You solved my problem. Also booted fine now on Ryzen 5 2600 on Gigabyte GA-AB 350 Gaming 3 with RX 580. I only got network problem, I've got to look at.
Make sure you add Network to Device Properties and set Built-In - 0

Heiko77

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you add Network to Device Properties and set Built-In - 0
Found a solution. You used same kext, but different version. Just used my version and everything was fine.
Thanks for your help !!!

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
SIr can you please elaborate on the tutorial please I want to try out big sur on my ryzen pc
I am not understanding what to do after creating bootable macOS big sur bootable usb...please help

X3ro

AMD OS X Member
i'm getting a blackscreen with no signal message with my 5700 XT
I tried the adgpmod=pikera flag and it still boots to a blackscreen

any advice?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You have to either install it from a real mac or from VirtualBox (using a raw disk image and the patches in the original post).

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
Sir do can u make a video for the complete tutorial...I am not understanding what to do

Phoenix

AMD OS X Member
2. Either you will need to use Virtual Box to install on or a real Mac supporting the update, I used a Mac Pro 5,1 and installed the system to a NVME Drive
You have to install on a VM or real Mac to the desktop all setup otherwise Opencore will not boot the system, As this is beta 1 there is currently no support and the patches for AMD are experimental. Virtual Box Settings for Terminal - Run these after you create the VM

Hi,
I created the USB Stick from Step 1 and now are stuck with Step 2.
I have Oracle Virtual Box on my Hackintosh Catalina with Ryzen and pasted the command after creation of the VM. What do I have to do than?
Get the USB drive to the VM to install Big Sur in the Oracle VM or?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
using a USB stick is more complicated than necessary. Just download the installer as an iso and mount it in the VM as a disc to boot from.

Phoenix

AMD OS X Member
Ok makes sense. Will try that. Thank you

Update:

Attachment Idea?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 08.09.04.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 08.09.04.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 08.09.43.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 08.09.43.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
you can change boot order or just exit the shell and then select the disc in the BIOS

Phoenix

AMD OS X Member
Funny from my MacOS11.iso he doesn't boot. From my catalina.iso he does. Well I install Catalina first in the VM and than upgrade with Big Sur.

Idea why he doesn't show a drive?

Only see the USB Stick

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 17.45.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 17.45.59.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 17.51.00.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-03 um 17.51.00.png
    106 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You can try with these commands from the shell.

Code:
FS1:

cd System/Library/CoreServices

boot.efi

If FS1: doesn't work try FS0:

Jae

AMD OS X Member
Any way to upgrade (keeping files & programs) from a Catalina install?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Any way to upgrade (keeping files & programs) from a Catalina install?

sure, using a virtual disk image or connect the disk to a real mac. Bur I would not recommend doing that for the first developer beta unless you’re willing to spend a lot of time for that experiment...

Reactions: Jae

Aryann Gupta

AMD OS X Member
Even after installing and setting up the big sur on virtual hard disk how to copy(or clone) the virtual harddisk onto real ssd?Please help i am new in this stuff!!!
or please explain how to install on a physical drive using virtual box

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.