Theshadowfang

AMD OS X Member
Hardware:

• CPU: Ryzen 2700x
  • GPU: Asus Strix Vega 64
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident 32GB 3200
  • Motherboard/Laptop model: Asus Rog Crosshair Vii Hero X470
  • Audio Codec: ROG SupremeFX8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
  • Ethernet Card: Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
  • BT Card: Asus USB-BT400 Adapter
  • What guide/tool followed: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/
  • What part I got an issue with: Hardware Acceleration wasn't working, used SMBios MacPro6,1 for install and changed to iMacPro1,1 and Hardware Acceleration is fully supported and tested.
  • What files/config I am using:
  • OpenCore-0.7.3-DEBUG for install updated to RELEASE
  • HfsPlus.efi
  • OpenCanopy.efi - nice to have a boot GUI - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/gui.html#setting-up-opencore-s-gui
AMD_Vanilla-master - Please follow the guide on Vanilla before downloading or patches will not work.

• GenSMBIOS
  • MountEFi
  • ProperTree
  • PyVega - boost clock / fix fan speed, I'm liquid cooled.
  • SSDTTime - No Luck with prebuilt, Created SSDT-EC/USBX
  • VDADecoderChecker
  • Kext:
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

AppleALC

AppleMCEReporterDisabler

Lilu

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE

SMCAMDProcessor

VirtualSMC

WhateverGreen

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Nice build.
Btw, you could get a free GPU upgrade, the Vega 64 sell for around the same as a 5700 XT currently.

sinastreet

AMD OS X Member
Hardware:

• CPU: Ryzen 2700x
  • GPU: Asus Strix Vega 64
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident 32GB 3200
  • Motherboard/Laptop model: Asus Rog Crosshair Vii Hero X470
  • Audio Codec: ROG SupremeFX8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220
  • Ethernet Card: Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
  • BT Card: Asus USB-BT400 Adapter
  • What guide/tool followed: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/
  • What part I got an issue with: Hardware Acceleration wasn't working, used SMBios MacPro6,1 for install and changed to iMacPro1,1 and Hardware Acceleration is fully supported and tested.
  • What files/config I am using:
  • OpenCore-0.7.3-DEBUG for install updated to RELEASE
  • HfsPlus.efi
  • OpenCanopy.efi - nice to have a boot GUI - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/gui.html#setting-up-opencore-s-gui
AMD_Vanilla-master - Please follow the guide on Vanilla before downloading or patches will not work.

• GenSMBIOS
  • MountEFi
  • ProperTree
  • PyVega - boost clock / fix fan speed, I'm liquid cooled.
  • SSDTTime - No Luck with prebuilt, Created SSDT-EC/USBX
  • VDADecoderChecker
  • Kext:
AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

AppleALC

AppleMCEReporterDisabler

Lilu

SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE

SMCAMDProcessor
slope game
VirtualSMC

WhateverGreen
Thanks for posting a success!

kouchangyin

AMD OS X Member
Hello, is your computer configured the same as mine? Can you share your EFI with me? thank you

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
Graphics: SAPPHIRE Radeon R7 240
HDD: SAMSUNG 970EVO 500GB

jtxnn678

AMD OS X Member
Have you tested your Ethernet (Intel I221-AT) performance? I only have 100Mbit/sec performance on Gigabite Network with this built-in ethernet controller.

I can only get about 90Mbps download/upload speed over my 300Mbps fiber internet in Ryzentosh, found out my ethernet is capped at 100Mbit/s connection in Mac. Still looking for solution or fix...

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried changing the settings for the Ethernet controller in System Preferences > Network > 'Ethernet controller' -

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.12.27.png System Preferences > Network pane

Then select the Advanced button and navigate to the Hardware tab. Change this from Automatic to Manual, insert the correct options as shown below:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.12.02.png Advance > Hardware tab - manual ethernet port settings.

Don't forget to select the 'Apply' button after you exit the Advanced section. Otherwise the settings won't stick.

jtxnn678

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried changing the settings for the Ethernet controller in System Preferences > Network > 'Ethernet controller' -

View attachment 4724 System Preferences > Network pane

Then select the Advanced button and navigate to the Hardware tab. Change this from Automatic to Manual, insert the correct options as shown below:

View attachment 4725 Advance > Hardware tab - manual ethernet port settings.

Don't forget to select the 'Apply' button after you exit the Advanced section. Otherwise the settings won't stick.
thanks for the reply Edhawk, I tried to change to Manual settings, I don't have "Energry efficient" option as seen in your picture, and it didn't work out. Speed still capped at 100Mbits/sec.

Screen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.47.05 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-08 at 10.41.14 AM.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.