Big Sur (11.3.1) DRM Problems?

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
Hey all, I've been using Safari on my hack for a little bit now, and I've noticed some weird behaviour when watching DRM content. With Safari, I can watch videos from Netflix with no problem. Still, whenever I try to watch anything from Disney Plus or Amazon Prime Video, I get errors (error 83 and HDCP errors, respectively). Weirdly enough though, I can watch content on Apple TV without any issues. Is there any way I can restore DRM functionality on Safari for D+ and Prime Video?

I will note that I'm using the unfairgva boot argument as @AudioGod mentioned in his post to get DRM working.
I have also attached my EFI folder if that helps as well.

Attachments

• ASUS B450-F OC 0.6.9.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 2

agent2

Donator
Donator

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@agent2 When you say DRM works for AppleTV without any boot argument, Have you actually tested it properly or just played a Trailer because trailers work but playing a full show/film wont. Unless you are a special case that’s the way it works for everybody.

@RecedingTwo Somebody else on the Apple TV DRM thread complained about the same thing and resolved it before I had a chance to reply by reinstalling MacOS.

Last edited:

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
@agent2 I've checked both of those links before, and I do seem to have full hardware acceleration. As for the AGPMInjector.kext I'm just using it to inject the Apple Graphics Power Management onto my GPU (Vega 64) as per this thread.

@AudioGod I guess I'll give reinstalling a shot - I'm waiting for a new GPU to come in anyway, so I'll wipe my current install once I get it and update the thread if it works. Thanks for the help!

agent2

Donator
Donator
@agent2 When you say DRM works for AppleTV without any boot argument, Have you actually tested it properly or just played a Trailer because trailers work but playing a full show/film wont. Unless you are a special case that’s the way it works for everybody.

@RecedingTwo Somebody else on the Apple TV DRM thread complained about the same thing and resolved it before I had a chance to reply by reinstalling MacOS.
Well I could play an episode of Long Way Up with no issues. I only have agpdmod=pikera though.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well I could play an episode of Long Way Up with no issues. I only have agpdmod=pikera though.
Was it a free episode or part of the subscription service and was that while using your 6900XXT??

agent2

Donator
Donator
Well I still have a free subscription through my iPad purchase so yeah no freebie ****. But I could try out a different episode (a later one or so).
But yeah that was with my RX 6900XT.

EDIT: Episode 5 of Long Way Up also runs without issues! Just scrubbing through was no problem.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well I still have a free subscription through my iPad purchase so yeah no freebie ****. But I could try out a different episode (a later one or so).
But yeah that was with my RX 6900XT.

EDIT: Episode 5 of Long Way Up also runs without issues! Just scrubbing through was no problem.
That’s cool, So that means that Big Navi is problem free with Apple TV drm. Awesome 😀

RecedingTwo

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I can confirm that after a reinstall of macOS, the problem still occurs. Would there be a possible reason why this is happening with only Disney+ and Prime Video specifically?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.