Big Sur 11.0.1 Ryzen 3900x, Aorus Elite X570, RX5700

LouW

AMD OS X Member
After a day having troubleshooting Big Sur (it was crashing on 2nd stage of install), I have a new EFI which works great including sleep. Getting great benchmarks all round.

Opencore 6.3
Opencanvas
Latest Kexts
Latest Experimental Patches

My Specs
Ryzen 3900x
32gb Ram
Aorus Elite X570
Sapphire Reference RX5700
3 SSD (triple boot Win, Linux & MacOS)

Hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 148

bullerwins

AMD OS X Member
How did you fix sleep? I didn't manage to get sleep before on Catalina on a Elite x570 and a 3900x

LouW

AMD OS X Member
Afik proper sleep has only been possible on x570 with big sur.

bullerwins

AMD OS X Member
Great then!
One more thing. How did you map the USB ports? And why didn’t you include the amd power management kext? You don’t use it ?

LouW

AMD OS X Member
Great then!
One more thing. How did you map the USB ports? And why didn’t you include the amd power management kext? You don’t use it ?
I was troubleshooting, so I started with the bare minimum config.plist and built from that adding a little at a time. Everything seemed to be working without the usb mappings and power kext so it seemed better to leave them out. I don't have a lot of usb devices so I couldn't say if everything works ok with a load of things connected but all the ports tested ok.

highend

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much from Seoul Korea. x570 aorus elite, 3800x, 32GB ram (8GB x 4), MSI RX580, 4 Linux distributions and 2 Windows 10 environments. Two NVMes are being used, and one is recognized as external.
As a minor issue, kextupdater is recognized as opencore 62. There is a memory error, but there is no problem in use.

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Does this work also for the

Aorus X570 Pro​

LouW

AMD OS X Member
Not sure how the 2 boards differ.. taking a quick look at the specs it seems they are the same except for power capacitors so in theory it should work. Btw I'm using Bios F30

bullerwins

AMD OS X Member
I have found a problem. Audio over hdmi makes a cracking sound. Over the normal mini jack output works fine. Maybe change de audio layout id?

bullerwins

AMD OS X Member
Also, how did you make sleep work? It takes like a minuto to get to sleep. It wakes up but it doesn’t show anything on screen. No input. Maybe change something of energy settings?

LouW

AMD OS X Member
I don't use the hdmi audio but I think layout id 3 is worth a try. Mine also takes a mo to sleep but does wake back ok after a few seconds. I use the displayport on mine and I'm guessing you're using Hdmi. Does it crash when waking or just no monitor output?

LouW

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much from Seoul Korea. x570 aorus elite, 3800x, 32GB ram (8GB x 4), MSI RX580, 4 Linux distributions and 2 Windows 10 environments. Two NVMes are being used, and one is recognized as external.
As a minor issue, kextupdater is recognized as opencore 62. There is a memory error, but there is no problem in use.
The memory error is from smbios macpro. There is a kext to disable the message but I've heard it's not working yet on big sur, so you either ignore it or change to imacpro

jimborae

AMD OS X Member
Does this work also for the

Aorus X570 Pro​

If you need an EFI for the X570 Pro that works with Big Sur give me shout. Just installed last night and all seems to be working well.

operator777

AMD OS X Member
If you need an EFI for the X570 Pro that works with Big Sur give me shout. Just installed last night and all seems to be working well.
Actually i have some problems, evrything boots fine for me but i experience some kp after a while , maybe if you shared your efi i can take a loot what its the problem. (Ive use the x570 pro)

Thank you in advance, and also the original post.

bullerwins

AMD OS X Member
I don't use the hdmi audio but I think layout id 3 is worth a try. Mine also takes a mo to sleep but does wake back ok after a few seconds. I use the displayport on mine and I'm guessing you're using Hdmi. Does it crash when waking or just no monitor output?
Yes I’m using hdmi but I tried with DP with the same result. A have a gtx 1070 also installed and I might need to disable it. But I don’t manage to do it with the acpi method

jimborae

AMD OS X Member
Actually i have some problems, evrything boots fine for me but i experience some kp after a while , maybe if you shared your efi i can take a loot what its the problem. (Ive use the x570 pro)

Thank you in advance, and also the original post.
No worries, will post a bit later when I get home.

jimborae

AMD OS X Member
No worries, will post a bit later when I get home.

Here you go. SMBIOS is for an iMacPro so adjust as necessary, also insert your own MLB, UIID & serial if you want to use it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
As we have almost identical hardware, I copied your EFI folder (inserted my own SMBIOS info) and Big Sur works great. However, internal audio is missing. How did you enable yours (if it works)? I figured it out.

As for sleep, does your finder quite (crash) after wake?

Last edited:

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Would be very nice
ThX

operator777

AMD OS X Member
Here you go. SMBIOS is for an iMacPro so adjust as necessary, also insert your own MLB, UIID & serial if you want to use it.
Thank you buddy, I already fixed my problems with the random kps I have It was cause (dummypowermanagement)in 0C 0.6.3 but I experience some extra cpu usage and excessive energy use by the Ryzentosh, strange because i also run Catalina on a different ssd and everything works perfect... I will take a look on your efi and see if I Can figure it out the cause.

Once gain! Thank you!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.