Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta / Catalina 10.15.7 | RYZEN 7 2700 | AORUS B450 PRO WIFI | Opencore 0.6.3

owlly61

AMD OS X Member
Hello Guys. Nice to meet you. Just sharing my success story. (Pardon my english though lol)

I had a working Catalina 10.15.7 with OC 0.6.2 on my WD 1TB HDD. I also have a Windows 10 installed on M.2 Nvme. Dual-boot working too.
I updated OC to 0.6.3 and installed a fresh new Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta on Samsung 860 EVO SSD yesterday. So far so good.

My Specs
  • Motherboard - AORUS B450 PRO WIFI
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700
  • GPU - Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB
  • RAM - 1x 8GB G-skill Ripjaws V 2800Mhz + 1x 8GB G-skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz (had to set 3200Mhz one to run at 2800Mhz though. So the system is running with 16GB Ram at 2800Mhz)
  • SSD - Samsung 860 EVO
  • SMBIOS - iMacPro1,1
What's working
  • Onboard Wifi & Bluetooth (Thanks to AirportItlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware Kexts)
  • Sleep - Manual/Auto (Wasn't working in Catalina, tried USB Mapping but sleep breaks when USB plugged into XHC0 ports. But now working in BigSur Beta)
  • Apple services (iMessage, iCloud, Appstore etc.)
What's not working
  • Adobe Apps (Crashes everytime. Was working well in Catalina but sadly, not in BigSur Beta)
  • Airdrop and Handoff stuffs (need a native supported WiFi cards to make those works as far as I know. See more at - Wireless Buyer Guide)
  • Can't change CPU Name showing intel instead of AMD Ryzen (In Catalina, you can disable SIP and change CPUName Easily but in BigSur disabling SIP won't help. Don't know why)
  • Had to change my SMBIOS (from MacPro7,1 to iMacPro1,1) because of the 'Memory Modules Misconfigured' warning alert. I also had this issue on Catalina but this MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler kext fix it. But the kext is not working in BigSur Beta anymore.
  • There maybe other stuffs too since I've only been using for 1 day.
Never thought Hackintosh was for me until I found this community. Thanks to the AMD-OSX Community for all the helps.
I used Dortania OpenCore Install Guide. Good luck with your Hackintosh everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 3.27.01 am.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-06 at 3.27.01 am.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

nick9090

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
using your EFI I was able to get my Build running with BigSUR
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2400G
Mainboard: AsRock B450m Pro4
16 GB Ram DDR4
ASUS RX580 8GB

I had to add AppleALC for sound to work, added this from my old EFI SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml, and RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet.

Thanks a lot! I am too stupid to add CPU patches, so I wasn't able to update my old config for running BigSUR

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
I tried to boot from a Big Sure USB using the EFI supplied by owlly61 but it will not boot. Just hangs on the AORUS bios logo.

My board is the B450 I Pro WIFI. CPU is 2nd Gen 3400G (onboard graphics disabled in bios). Graphics card is the XFX 7870..perhaps that is the issue?

If I hit F12 for the boot menu I can see a choice of :

OpenCore
SanDisk (my USB stick)
UEFI: SandDisk, Partition 1

If I choose OpenCore I just keep being asked to insert a proper boot media.
Same if I choose SanDisk.
If I choose UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 1 it hangs at the AORUS logo.

I CAN boot a Catalina USB and get the Apple logo on a black screen with a progress bar. That moves about 50% then the screen goes black and I can't get any further.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
I tried to boot from a Big Sure USB using the EFI supplied by owlly61 but it will not boot. Just hangs on the AORUS bios logo.

My board is the B450 I Pro WIFI. CPU is 2nd Gen 3400G (onboard graphics disabled in bios). Graphics card is the XFX 7870..perhaps that is the issue?

If I hit F12 for the boot menu I can see a choice of :

OpenCore
SanDisk (my USB stick)
UEFI: SandDisk, Partition 1

If I choose OpenCore I just keep being asked to insert a proper boot media.
Same if I choose SanDisk.
If I choose UEFI: SanDisk, Partition 1 it hangs at the AORUS logo.

I CAN boot a Catalina USB and get the Apple logo on a black screen with a progress bar. That moves about 50% then the screen goes black and I can't get any further.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
The USB needs to be formatted first in Mac Guid partition. This allows the USB to be split into 2 separate partitions. the first a small one is the EFi where your boot folder (EFI) goes. The second larger is where the Install macOS goes. This is the same layout for your main SSD or NVME drive. Think of it like two sides to a coin, heads EFi and tails Main Operating system. The EFI partition of the Usb has to be mounted using an EFi mounter.

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Gigamaxx. I am aware of how to create a boot USB and it does have the two partitions. Nothing I tried would get it to boot so I went to a Catalina install instead. That worked and I am writing from that install now :)

It was not straightforward though. I had to switch from onboard graphics at the start (in order to get the install screen) to the XFX7870 to finish the install. Everything seems to be working fine apart from the sound and I definitely need to sort that, hopefully without having to buy a new cpu.

I am guessing the thing I need to do now is copy the EFI folder from the install USB to the EFI partition on the hard drive so it can boot correctly? Thing is I apparently have two EFI partitions on the drive.

The first one is named "EFI on APFS Container [main - Data,Preboot,Recovery,VM,Catalina - Data,Catalina] and this already has a fully populated EFI folder on it.

The second which is called "EFI on Install macOS Catalina" has no EFI folder.

I also appear to have 6 other partitions of varying sizes none of which show as mountable.

Clover Screenshot.png

owlly61

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
using your EFI I was able to get my Build running with BigSUR
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2400G
Mainboard: AsRock B450m Pro4
16 GB Ram DDR4
ASUS RX580 8GB

I had to add AppleALC for sound to work, added this from my old EFI SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml, and RealtekRTL8111.kext for ethernet.

Thanks a lot! I am too stupid to add CPU patches, so I wasn't able to update my old config for running BigSUR
Glad to hear that XD

owlly61

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Gigamaxx. I am aware of how to create a boot USB and it does have the two partitions. Nothing I tried would get it to boot so I went to a Catalina install instead. That worked and I am writing from that install now :)

It was not straightforward though. I had to switch from onboard graphics at the start (in order to get the install screen) to the XFX7870 to finish the install. Everything seems to be working fine apart from the sound and I definitely need to sort that, hopefully without having to buy a new cpu.

I am guessing the thing I need to do now is copy the EFI folder from the install USB to the EFI partition on the hard drive so it can boot correctly? Thing is I apparently have two EFI partitions on the drive.

The first one is named "EFI on APFS Container [main - Data,Preboot,Recovery,VM,Catalina - Data,Catalina] and this already has a fully populated EFI folder on it.

The second which is called "EFI on Install macOS Catalina" has no EFI folder.

I also appear to have 6 other partitions of varying sizes none of which show as mountable.

View attachment 1939
Is everything ok now brother?

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Yes, thanks. I did get the sound working properly by ditching the 3400G and installed the Ryzen 2600 instead. The sound is perfect now. Still no wifi or Bluetooth though.

The issue right now is I need to upgrade to 10.15.7 in order to run Final Cut Pro. I am pretty sure a "normal" upgrade is out of the question so I just need to figure out how to proceed without messing up what I have.

nsedoff

AMD OS X Member
Hello Guys. Nice to meet you. Just sharing my success story. (Pardon my english though lol)

I had a working Catalina 10.15.7 with OC 0.6.2 on my WD 1TB HDD. I also have a Windows 10 installed on M.2 Nvme. Dual-boot working too.
I updated OC to 0.6.3 and installed a fresh new Big Sur 11.0.1 Beta on Samsung 860 EVO SSD yesterday. So far so good.

My Specs
  • Motherboard - AORUS B450 PRO WIFI
  • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 2700
  • GPU - Sapphire RX580 Pulse 8GB
  • RAM - 1x 8GB G-skill Ripjaws V 2800Mhz + 1x 8GB G-skill Ripjaws V 3200Mhz (had to set 3200Mhz one to run at 2800Mhz though. So the system is running with 16GB Ram at 2800Mhz)
  • SSD - Samsung 860 EVO
  • SMBIOS - iMacPro1,1
What's working
  • Onboard Wifi & Bluetooth (Thanks to AirportItlwm and IntelBluetoothFirmware Kexts)
  • Sleep - Manual/Auto (Wasn't working in Catalina, tried USB Mapping but sleep breaks when USB plugged into XHC0 ports. But now working in BigSur Beta)
  • Apple services (iMessage, iCloud, Appstore etc.)
What's not working
  • Adobe Apps (Crashes everytime. Was working well in Catalina but sadly, not in BigSur Beta)
  • Airdrop and Handoff stuffs (need a native supported WiFi cards to make those works as far as I know. See more at - Wireless Buyer Guide)
  • Can't change CPU Name showing intel instead of AMD Ryzen (In Catalina, you can disable SIP and change CPUName Easily but in BigSur disabling SIP won't help. Don't know why)
  • Had to change my SMBIOS (from MacPro7,1 to iMacPro1,1) because of the 'Memory Modules Misconfigured' warning alert. I also had this issue on Catalina but this MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler kext fix it. But the kext is not working in BigSur Beta anymore.
  • There maybe other stuffs too since I've only been using for 1 day.
Never thought Hackintosh was for me until I found this community. Thanks to the AMD-OSX Community for all the helps.
I used Dortania OpenCore Install Guide. Good luck with your Hackintosh everyone.
Can you share the EFI for catalina, please? I have almost the same system, except memory (kingston fury beast 3200mhz and hdd, wd black 500gb)

bekzclz11

AMD OS X Member
This is my first fully functional Ryzen Hackintosh after many many years of intel builds and when I say fully functional I mean just that.
Everything is working bar SideCar of course as there's no IGPU and I'm using SMBios iMacPro1,1 but as for everything else goes like proper sleep, Wake, All iCloud functions, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc all works beautifully.

krnt.run

myindigocard app

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.