Big Sur 11.0.1 | Asus STRIX b550-i | Ryzen 3600 | OC 0.6.0 (works too for Mojave 10.14.7/Catalina 10.15.7)

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Motherboard-- Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ( non Wifi ) Bios version 1202 OC 0.6.3
CPU-- 3700X
GPU-- RX580
SSD-- Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 (1TB)

I have Big Sur version 11.0.1 (20B29) install

Problem 1: Is there a special kext to get the Lan working? I have LucyRTL8125eEthernet.kext installed its not working

Problem 2: The system is not stable Constant random reboot. It happens while the system is booting up, while typing my password at the login screen very random.

Any suggestions on how to fix these issues ?
@tony535

I have B550-F too, with Wifi. Can you share you EFI please? Same Problem: Ethernet is not working.

tony535

AMD OS X Member
What kext are you using ? :)

clinthaus use other kexts But I don’t remember which kext !

a clinthaus : yes thanks dude, you helped much than people on discord !

AMDRyzenCPUPowermanagenent.kext. ---- For use with AMD Power Gadget
AppleALC.kext
AppleMReporterDisabler.kext
Lilu.Kext
LucyRTL8215Ethernet.kext
NVMeFix.kext
SMCProcessor.kext. ---- For use with AMD Power Gadget
USBPort.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

tony535

AMD OS X Member
UPDATE: I think problem #2 is related to memory settings in the Bios. My memory is rated at 3600MHZ. if I set it to that, I get the random reboots. if I set it to 3533MHZ, it was ok for a little bit then it did it again. Presently I have it set to 3200MHZ. Ill update if anything changes. still searching for solution for problem #1.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
I removed AMD power gadget and the kext needed because ... it’s useless and it can cause bugs.

and why do you have the USBport.kext ?
Is it really necessary ?
Because I don’t have this and I never saw this kext before ;).

for Ethernet, i disabled it from the BIOS but clinthaus use 2 other different kext, PCIID.kext and an other one for the i225 (FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext).
But I think it’s not really an obligation to have a kext for the Ethernet, I can be wrong but when I read the dortania guide in the troubleshooting section, I saw something about Ethernet and for the i225, you need to add informations in the propertiesdevice (not sure about the name but it’s in the config.plist under booter section), and you need to creat a new line in « add » with the path and put a value for the data.
and clinthaus made this modification in his config.plist

but I don’t use Ethernet so I don’t know if it was working

here a link : https://github.com/SchmockLord/Hackintosh-Intel-i9-10900k-Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-D/issues/8

Last edited:

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
I removed AMD power gadget and the kext needed because ... it’s useless and it can cause bugs.

and why do you have the USBport.kext ?
Is it really necessary ?
Because I don’t have this and I never saw this kext before ;).

for Ethernet, i disabled it from the BIOS but clinthaus use 2 other different kext, PCIID.kext and an other one for the i225 (FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext).
But I think it’s not really an obligation to have a kext for the Ethernet, I can be wrong but when I read the dortania guide in the troubleshooting section, I saw something about Ethernet and for the i225, you need to add informations in the propertiesdevice (not sure about the name but it’s in the config.plist under booter section), and you need to creat a new line in « add » with the path and put a value for the data.
and clinthaus made this modification in his config.plist

but I don’t use Ethernet so I don’t know if it was working

here a link : https://github.com/SchmockLord/Hackintosh-Intel-i9-10900k-Gigabyte-Z490-Vision-D/issues/8
Hi @manoueltiger !! I think you shoud read this about our nzxt H1 case

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.