Big Sur 11.0.1 | Asus STRIX b550-i | Ryzen 3600 | OC 0.6.0 (works too for Mojave 10.14.7/Catalina 10.15.7)

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Juste avant ta réponse je suis allé voir dans le bios et effectivement, CSM n'était pas désactivé, forcément cela marche moins bien comme on a pu voir sur la capture d'écran lol
La je réinstalle Catalina avec la clé faites sur Windows, ça télécharge entièrement macOS vu que l'on prend uniquement le recovery avec windows, et tout devrait fonctionné de nouveau. Il faudra que je test en bootant sur la clé plus tard voir une fois Catalina installé sur le SSD.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Aaaaaaaaah je suis content pour toi :)

J'ai mis un mot sur macbidouille, j'attends de pied ferme la 6800 ou 6800XT pour faire mon nouveau hack.

Je reçois dans quelques semaines mon formD T1, ça va être très très petit et avec une custom loop, ça va être terrible ! ;)

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Ah moi aussi j'ai vu l'annonce hier pour la 6800XT :) même si cela serait surement un gros caprice de changer alors que je joue en full hd uniquement sur windows lol

Je viens de poster ma "succes story" sur le forum et j'ai posé en même temps mon soucis qui persiste pour la clé USB. J'ai vu sur reddit quelqu'un avec le même soucis que moi, il "solutionné" le truc en testant d'enlever le dossier EFI du SSD et de démarrer sur clé, cela fonctionne, mais si soucis avec le nouveau sur la clé, ben ca démarre plus lol

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Ouai on dirait bien qu'il essaye de charger 2 EFI en même temps, peut être celui de windows ?

malibio

AMD OS X Member
hi guys...i have all ready, build ryzentosh with ryzen 5 3600G, asrock a320m hdv r4.0 but something not working such sound, USB 2.0 & ethernet RJ45....mybe sensai of ryzentosh can summoning that :)
Have you been able to resolve this?

You need to add FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext and under DeviceProperties of your config.plist, add:

XML:
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x2)/Pci(0x9,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
  <key>device-id</key>
  <data>8hUAAA==</data>
</dict>

malibio

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,
I come back with a brand-new hackintosh, I made before a mATX config but I wanted to make a smaller one and fell in love of the nzxt h1.
It's silent, beautiful and all seems to works flawlessly.

Thanks to XLNC, we can use a B550 motherboard since sunday, and I can finally use the usb-c of the case.

So here's my setup:
  • NZXT h1 black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (I should take a 3700X or a 3900X next time),
  • 32GB GSkill trident z RGB 3200Mhz RAM
  • Asus strix b550-i
  • Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB (next time i should take a Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5600XT or a big navi ?)
  • Samsung 970 Evo 1To (macOS Mojave 10.14.6)
  • Samsung evo 860 500Go (windows 10)
  • DW1560 - BCM 94352Z instead of the AX200 of the board, no problem after swapping the cards !!!!
  • LG 4K 27UL850-W with HDMI, hub usb works

OS/Opencore/SMBIOS:
  • macOS Mojave (10.14.6) (next time Catalina and Big Sur)
  • Windows 10
  • Opencore (0.6.0)
  • iMacPro1,1

Works:
  • Apple services - Appstore, airplay, continuity, etc...
  • Wifi (the biggest surprise ! with Airportbrcmfixup and PatchRAM2/patchRAM3 for Catalina/Big Sur)
  • Bluetooth (no lag and shut down)
  • All USB ports working with correct mappings (as far I know)
  • Audio works with AppleALC, layout-id = 7 (i didn't put it in the boot-args but in devices properties if I recall)

Doesn't work:
  • Sleep (didn't test yet, I know on Catalina it doesn't work, but I think on Mojave, because it worked on my previous setup with a asus strix x570-i)
  • Micro (I can't test)
  • Webcam ( i can't test)
Kexts :
  • AirportBrcmFixup
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM2
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

I will put screenshots for the community in a few days ! Stay tuned !

Please use an other serial for your build !
But I very very happy to have this hackintosh ! ;)

I've got near-identical setup as you (even the NZHT H1 case :) ). Thanks for sharing this.

I've followed the instructions on on the OpenCore guide (vanilla) - and it worked during my first attempt!

Now, I'm comparing my EFI with yours for improvement. If you don't mind I have a few follow-up questions/comments:
  • GPU: I had an RX580 at first, but the audio coming out of the HDMI/DP ports (built-in speakers of the monitor) had a lot of static. So, I switched over to an RX 5500XT and everything seems to work out-of-the-box (including audio).
  • WiFi/BT: I swapped it out with a BCM94360NG card (the board is not CNVi-locked). This also worked out-of-the-box. Do you think there is a reason for me to use the Brcm kext files you have in yours or were your kexts the card that came with the board. Airdrop works.
  • Audio: You a layout-id of 7 for AppleALC. I didn't do this; In the beginning of my setup process, I noticed issues with audio (after some time, it stops working). What does this layout-id do? Is there a reference you can point me to, so I can do a bit of reading?
  • Webcam: I have used a webcam on my build and it works - just as a heads up.
  • Sleep: My system have gone on sleep mode many times and woke up without any issues. To be honest, I don't really know how to test this fully (not sure of what else is expected). I do want to note that I've needed to press on my keyboard/mouse twice to get me back to the login screen.
  • Sidecar: I can see my iPad, but when I try to connect the sidecar app on the iPad runs, but it's got a black screen. Within some minutes, my Hackintosh gives a timeout: "Cannot connect..." Have you been able to get sidecar working?
  • USB Port Mapping: I didn't do this (yet), but since I see that you've done so already (and we have identical MBs), there shouldn't be any problem with just dropping your SSDT-EC0.aml file right? Well, I'm going to try it anyway ;) (I'll report back later).
  • CPU/Power Management: What is the advantage of using AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext? Again, I'm new to Hackintosh. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler: this kext, I have no clue what it's for either 😕. Would you be able to point me to somewhere I can read about it?
Again, thanks for sharing your EFI and your experience.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Hi malibio !
I'm really happy to see you made almost the same build ;)
You need to know that I'm on Mojave for the moment. I will go on big sur when the golden build will be released. I hate Catalina ahah.

I will try to answer to your questions.

1. For the GPU, I have sometimes static, but it works. I don't have big issues with HDMI. Really odd...
2. Audio :
I put layout id = 7, because audio didn't work with id 1 and I saw another asus motherboard with the same chip (SupremeFX S1220A) using this layout and all works flawlessly since I made the modification.
I put under DevicesProperties > Add > PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x8,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x4) and layout-id 7
But if your navi card works, it's cool ;)

you can read the documentation on Apple ALC in GitHub if you want, you have several numbers and you can try one of them :

3. You took the right decision for the Wifi/BT card ;), keep it !
4. webcam : so cooooool ! and what about the microphone ? I don't use a webcam but I will take one in a near future.
5. Sidecar : unfortunately, I don't have a recent iPad to test this, and I don't now if sidecar works now, I thought no but maybe things changed ;)
6. USB mapping, you can use my file, it's the generic one and all is working, maybe sleep doesn't work on catalina, but it will on big sur !
7. I uninstall the cpu management because I find it useless...
Powermanagement is a kext made by a developper of the community (trulyspanich) with a application for macOS, you need both of them to get the power management works, here's the link :

regards ;)

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,
I come back with a brand-new hackintosh, I made before a mATX config but I wanted to make a smaller one and fell in love of the nzxt h1.
It's silent, beautiful and all seems to works flawlessly.

Thanks to XLNC, we can use a B550 motherboard since sunday, and I can finally use the usb-c of the case.

So here's my setup:
  • NZXT h1 black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (I should take a 3700X or a 3900X next time),
  • 32GB GSkill trident z RGB 3200Mhz RAM
  • Asus strix b550-i
  • Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB (next time i should take a Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5600XT or a big navi ?)
  • Samsung 970 Evo 1To (macOS Mojave 10.14.6)
  • Samsung evo 860 500Go (windows 10)
  • DW1560 - BCM 94352Z instead of the AX200 of the board, no problem after swapping the cards !!!!
  • LG 4K 27UL850-W with HDMI, hub usb works

OS/Opencore/SMBIOS:
  • macOS Mojave (10.14.6) (next time Catalina and Big Sur)
  • Windows 10
  • Opencore (0.6.0)
  • iMacPro1,1

Works:
  • Apple services - Appstore, airplay, continuity, etc...
  • Wifi (the biggest surprise ! with Airportbrcmfixup and PatchRAM2/patchRAM3 for Catalina/Big Sur)
  • Bluetooth (no lag and shut down)
  • All USB ports working with correct mappings (as far I know)
  • Audio works with AppleALC, layout-id = 7 (i didn't put it in the boot-args but in devices properties if I recall)

Doesn't work:
  • Sleep (didn't test yet, I know on Catalina it doesn't work, but I think on Mojave, because it worked on my previous setup with a asus strix x570-i)
  • Micro (I can't test)
  • Webcam ( i can't test)
Kexts :
  • AirportBrcmFixup
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM2
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

I will put screenshots for the community in a few days ! Stay tuned !

Please use an other serial for your build !
But I very very happy to have this hackintosh ! ;)
Bonjour manoueltiger!!

I have the same motherboard like you but when Im going to install Catalina an error shows that I havent internet connection... and I cant install.

Any idea of what´s wrong?

The only way to solve it is put a BCM 94352Z wifi card?

My config:

• NZXT h1 black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5800x
  • 64GB hyperx ddr4 3200
  • Asus strix b550-i
  • Asus dual Radeon RX 5700xt+ 8GB
  • Wd Black NVme 1tb

Any help is welcomed!!

Thanks!!!!

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Bon Manoueltiger, ben j'ai compris mon erreur, si je boot sur la clé USB, cela m'amène sur opencore, et si je choisi mon ssd mac, et bien cela démarre avec l'efi de la clé USB, chose que je n'avais pas compris lol
Bonjour manoueltiger!!

I have the same motherboard like you but when Im going to install Catalina an error shows that I havent internet connection... and I cant install.

Any idea of what´s wrong?

The only way to solve it is put a BCM 94352Z wifi card?

My config:

• NZXT h1 black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 5800x
  • 64GB hyperx ddr4 3200
  • Asus strix b550-i
  • Asus dual Radeon RX 5700xt+ 8GB
  • Wd Black NVme 1tb

Any help is welcomed!!

Thanks!!!!

If you have enough space in your case, you can also take a pcie fenvi t919 card.
Otherwise you can connect to the ethernet port.

did you put SmallTreeIntel82576.kext in your efi folder and config.plist?
this is to enable the ethernet port

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Bon Manoueltiger, ben j'ai compris mon erreur, si je boot sur la clé USB, cela m'amène sur opencore, et si je choisi mon ssd mac, et bien cela démarre avec l'efi de la clé USB, chose que je n'avais pas compris lol

If you have enough space in your case, you can also take a pcie fenvi t919 card.
Otherwise you can connect to the ethernet port.

did you put SmallTreeIntel82576.kext in your efi folder and config.plist?
this is to enable the ethernet port
Thanks for your answer @Jeanbob26

sorry but SmallTreeIntel82576.kext works with our motherboard? ( asus B550-i)

our motherboad ethernet is i225-v and following this link we need to patch device proverty of our config.plist

Do you have asus B550-i motherboard?

Thanks for your help!

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Ah, sorry, I didn't see it was an i225-v on the b550-i. I don't have that motherboard.
I got the "internet connection" error once on my motherboard as well, after a second try it worked but in wifi.
Did you make your usb key on windows ?Because if you make the key on mac, normally the 8go of catalina are already present and no internet connection is needed (on windows, only 500mo are present on the key, because only the recovery is present).

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Ah, sorry, I didn't see it was an i225-v on the b550-i. I don't have that motherboard.
I got the "internet connection" error once on my motherboard as well, after a second try it worked but in wifi.
Did you make your usb key on windows ?Because if you make the key on mac, normally the 8go of catalina are already present and no internet connection is needed (on windows, only 500mo are present on the key, because only the recovery is present).
Hi @Jeanbob26 !
dont worry about that.

I´m stuck trying to install Catalina and every time shows the same message (internet connection required...)

I made the usb install key both on Mac and Windows... but nothing works

Thanks for your help!

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Hi @Jeanbob26 !
dont worry about that.

I´m stuck trying to install Catalina and every time shows the same message (internet connection required...)

I made the usb install key both on Mac and Windows... but nothing works

Thanks for your help!
Finally I was abe to install Catalina doing again the installer under Mac!!!

The problem is now when doing the installation, choosing country, language... my mouse and keyboard suddenly stops working and I cant finish the instalation.

Any help will be great!!!

Thanks!!!

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
have you tried with a mouse and a wired usb keyboard?
Finally I was able to install Mojave without any problem but my radeon 5600xt is not detected... I thin this kind of gpu´s are unsoported on Mojave.

Im trying to install Big Sur Now...

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Big Sur Insalled!

everything works great except the audio.

some issues on S1220A audio codec of asus b550-i motherboard

I tested alcid=1 - 7 - 2 and 5 without any good audio.

Any help?

Thanks!

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

is someone here with B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) and has installed Big Sur. I would be happy about sharing the efi folder.

Thanks

clinthaus

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

is someone here with B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) and has installed Big Sur. I would be happy about sharing the efi folder.

Thanks
Hi @Flexarius !

My motherboard is a ASUS ROG Strix B550-I and Big Sur installed. Everything works fine except the audio. Something is wrong with the codec and the audio has a constant crackling.

Any idea of what I´m doing wrong?

Thanks!!

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Hi clinthaus
Sorry, I didn’t see you write something.
You installed Big Sur on your B550-I !
I have big problems during installation...
I have an error « disk is write locked » and it stop the verbose and it continues. And after the first screen of macOS installer, after rebooting, I have a boot loop...

for the sound, I have no problem with the last appleALC with alcid=7

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.