Big Sur 11.0.1 | Asus STRIX b550-i | Ryzen 3600 | OC 0.6.0 (works too for Mojave 10.14.7/Catalina 10.15.7)

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,
I come back with a brand-new hackintosh, I made before a mATX config but I wanted to make a smaller one and fell in love of the nzxt h1.
It's silent, beautiful and all seems to works flawlessly.

Thanks to XLNC, we can use a B550 motherboard since sunday, and I can finally use the usb-c of the case.

So here's my setup:
  • NZXT h1 black
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (I should take a 3700X or a 3900X next time),
  • 32GB GSkill trident z RGB 3200Mhz RAM
  • Asus strix b550-i
  • Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB (next time i should take a Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5600XT or a big navi ?)
  • Samsung 970 Evo 1To (macOS Mojave 10.14.6)
  • Samsung evo 860 500Go (windows 10)
  • DW1560 - BCM 94352Z instead of the AX200 of the board, no problem after swapping the cards !!!!
  • LG 4K 27UL850-W with HDMI, hub usb works

OS/Opencore/SMBIOS:
  • macOS Big Sur 11.0.1
  • Opencore (0.6.4)
  • iMacPro1,1

Works:
  • Apple services - Appstore, airplay, continuity, etc...
  • Wifi (the biggest surprise ! with Airportbrcmfixup and PatchRAM2/patchRAM3 for Catalina/Big Sur)
  • Bluetooth (no lag and shut down)
  • All USB ports working with correct mappings (as far I know)
  • Audio works with AppleALC, layout-id = 7 (i didn't put it in the boot-args but in devices properties if I recall)

Doesn't work:
  • Sleep (didn't test yet, I know on Catalina and Mojave it worked)
  • Micro (I can't test)
  • Webcam ( i can't test)
Kexts :
  • AirportBrcmFixup (disabled the 4360 kext)
  • BrcmFirmwareData
  • BrcmPatchRAM3
  • BrcmBluetoothinjector
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler

I will put screenshots for the community in a few days ! Stay tuned !

Please use an other serial for your build !
But I very very happy to have this hackintosh ! ;)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 223
  • EFI big sur.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 251
Last edited:

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

would you share your EFI please?

Thank you

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger

some news here, did you tried Catalina or Big Sur?

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Hey ! :)
So ...
I tried multiple times to install Big Sur and I have a log:exitbs:start error and I can’t pass through...

and now I’m trying to install Catalina but unfortunately I have lost my Bluetooth ...
Even if I put the right kext !
I have a no such information in « about this Mac »

i think I need to remap the usb.

but in fact I have a nvme disk with Mojave and I put a SATA ssd with Catalina/big sur on it.
And I saw something strange when I finished the installation, I have access to the data of the nvme...
and I can use the WiFi of the DW1560 WITHOUT the airportbrcmfixup ????

so I wonder if the nvme is not responsible of the Bluetooth issue on Catalina and Big Sur error ... even if I install Catalina on an other disk !

i should try to put off the nvme

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Sooooo !
I found my problem...
I broke my hackintosh yesterday
I read the opencore guide, it was what I thought...
I can’t have 2 diskS with macOS on the same hackintosh and I didn’t know that...

i unplugged the nvme and all is working great !!!
I need to update my hack to 10.15.6 now :)

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
Cool,

when you finished, can you share your EFI please :)?

I will tried to install Catalina on my new Asus B550 Strix Wifi. My Asus CHVII is broken some weeks ago.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
So all is working now,
I can have mojave 10.14.6 with OC 0.6.0
Catalina 10.15.6 (all is working (I don't know for sleep but I don't think)
Big sur beta 4 (wifi doesn't work at all... I tried everything but the airportbrcmfixup.kext can't make the DW1560 works and the boot-args etc)

If someone knows how to use a BCM94352Z with big sur, I'm your man !

edit :
for EFI :
it's the same for mojave, you just need to change the bluetooth kext if you are using a bcm94352Z, remove the patchRAM2 and add patchRAM3, bluetoothinjector and it will work flawlessly,

for big sur, wifi doesn't work, i need to take a bcm94360NG which works OOB

Last edited:

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Update :
WIFI WORKS in big sur !!!
I put Airportbrcmfixup 2.0.9, put off the AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in the config.plist and all works flawlessly !!!

I put my EFI, you will need to change PlatformInfo informations,

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger

your EFI works fine for me. No problems with Catalina.

your B550-I GAMING comes with with ?

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) support 1024QAM/OFDMA/MU-MIMO
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160

Works this for you?

I have no wifi on my B550-F (with internal WIFI).

Did you know how to fix this?

Thanks

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger

your EFI works fine for me. No problems with Catalina.

your B550-I GAMING comes with with ?

Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200
2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax) support 1024QAM/OFDMA/MU-MIMO
Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz
Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160

Works this for you?

I have no wifi on my B550-F (with internal WIFI).

Did you know how to fix this?

Thanks
I have a ax200 on this motherboard yes, the b550-i.
I swapped the WiFi card by a dw1560 and with the good kext, I finally managed to have the WiFi.
on Big Sur, you need to disable the plugin with 4360 in the config.plist and all is working after that.

if you don’t have WiFi slot, you need to take a fenvi t919 (or the hb1200), it works oob and it will take a small pci slot ;).

Hi, have you tried sleep, and virtualisation with Parallels desktop or vmware?

sleep works on Mojave, doesn’t work on Catalina (I don’t like this OS...) I need to remap my config and I didn’t test it on Big Sur.
‘I will take a look for you ;)

virtualization doesn’t work on AMD dude ... :/
I tried virtualbox and it’s impossible
You should consider intel for that

Flexarius

AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger

Hi,

there some updates in your EFI that you want to share?

Thank you

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger VirtualBox is working on AMD. But yes, if you depend on virtualization AMD might not be the right choice. Maybe if you use something like Proxmox in the first place.

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
@manoueltiger VirtualBox is working on AMD. But yes, if you depend on virtualization AMD might not be the right choice. Maybe if you use something like Proxmox in the first place.
ah nice to hear !
I need to try that !

@ flexarius : no I'm waiting for the golden master of big sur ;). I stayed on mojave and I love this OS but I need big sur to code on Xcode for iOS14 ...

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Salut Manouel (ou charcudoc lol), je reviens ici après avoir mis à jour opencore en 0.6.2 et Catalina 10.15.7, mais j'ai un soucis. Toute l'installation se passe bien, je boot sur le ssd parfaitement mais si je veux booter sur la clé usb au cas ou mon ssd à un problème, je n'y arrive pas. J'ai un message "OCB: Startimage failed - Already started ". As-tu le même problème si tu essaie de booter avec ta clé usb par hasard?
Merci

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
Salut Manouel (ou charcudoc lol), je reviens ici après avoir mis à jour opencore en 0.6.2 et Catalina 10.15.7, mais j'ai un soucis. Toute l'installation se passe bien, je boot sur le ssd parfaitement mais si je veux booter sur la clé usb au cas ou mon ssd à un problème, je n'y arrive pas. J'ai un message "OCB: Startimage failed - Already started ". As-tu le même problème si tu essaie de booter avec ta clé usb par hasard?
Merci

ahah salut :).
Ou j’ai eu ça aussi. Mais ça date, je ne sais plus si c'était à cause que j'avais 2SSD avec 2 versions de MacOs et qu'il n'aimait pas ça ou si c'était parce que je ne choisissais pas la bonne partition .
En fait, ça peut vouloir dire que tu boot pas sur la bonne partition, tu boot sur l’efi qui est déjà ouvert.
Il faudrait que tu choisisse la partition avec l’OS.
si ça ne marche pas, refait ta clé d’accord ?

C'est quoi ta config ?
Tu as essayé de mettre OC 0.6.1 sur ta clé ?

Last edited:

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
Ma config c'est :
AMD Ryzen 3900X
Aorus Elite X570
RX5700XT
1 SSD NVME pour mac et un pour windows

Quand je boot sans la clé USB, tout se passe bien, partition mac ou Windows visible dans le boot picker avec interface graphique et dès que j'ai la clé USB branchée, je choisi "EFI" et pas "install catalina" et ca me donne donc le message d'erreur.
J'ai vu sur Dortania (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...s-error-ocb-startimage-failed-already-started) que cela provenait d'un problème de boot mais de Windows, mais je n'ai pas d'autre pistes malheureusement
Je n'ai pas essayé la 0.6.1 et je viens de refaire la clé bootable à l'instant, même problème ...

Last edited:

manoueltiger

AMD OS X Member
normalement tu n'es pas censé allé sur EFI justement
Moi j'ai toujours eu ce message depuis que je suis sur la 0,6,0 et par contre quand tu choisis macOS install c'est bon ça marche.

En fait le fait de sélectionner une partition, ça provoque son ouverture cje pense d'ou le message d'erreur justement !

enfin je crois que c'est ça

Jeanbob26

AMD OS X Member
De toute façon j'ai essayé les 2, et donc le dossier EFI ça fait une erreur et si je vais sur install MacOS ça veut installer macOS avec le choix utilitaire de disque etc...
Donc je ne comprend pas pourquoi, peut être une option dans le config.plist mal paramétrée ?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.