B550i AORUS PRO AX Ryzen 3700X RX590

aleixsr

Oct 14, 2020

t_riikonen

Aug 2, 2020
Hello,
Intel AX200 Wi-Fi is working fine using https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm but performace sucks (like they asy XD)

Also I got great FPS on gaming and sleep working under Mojave.

You can get all my job here: https://github.com/aleixsr/Ryzentosh
I have exactly the same setup. Thank you for sharing your EFI and documenting it. I see that you have under OC/ACPI folder several files in addition to the required .aml files. Could you please describe for what purposes these are for?
Have you tried installing Big Sur? I'm running Catalina at the moment and Big Sur installation freezes to the "EXITBS:START" as also many others are reporting here.

aleixsr

Oct 14, 2020
I have exactly the same setup. Thank you for sharing your EFI and documenting it. I see that you have under OC/ACPI folder several files in addition to the required .aml files. Could you please describe for what purposes these are for?
Have you tried installing Big Sur? I'm running Catalina at the moment and Big Sur installation freezes to the "EXITBS:START" as also many others are reporting here.
Hello,
I have news!
  • I upgraded (using pendrive installer) from Catalina to Big Sur 11.0.1 and it worked like a charm! (No "EXITBS:START" error)
  • Keep using provided EFI to upgrade (the same I use to boot normally)
  • Sleep Works Out of the Box!!! Nothing needs to be changed! Using exact same settings didn't work under Catalina.
  • FPS on gaming works fine
So you can proceed with the upgrade.

aleixsr

Oct 14, 2020
Hello,
I have news!
  • I upgraded (using pendrive installer) from Catalina to Big Sur 11.0.1 and it worked like a charm! (No "EXITBS:START" error)
  • Sleep Works Out of the Box!!! Nothing needs to be changed! Using exact same settings didn't work under Catalina.
Big SurUPDATE:: Virtualbox needs following steps to work:
Open Terminal in Recovery and type:
Code:
csrutil clear
reboot

Then uninstall and re-install virtualbox.
If needed go to System Preferences - Privacy - General and accept the extensions.

Reactions: t_riikonen

t_riikonen

Aug 2, 2020
Hello,
I have news!
I can confirm that after applying your EFI I was able to upgrade to Big Sur. Oh man... you are great. :)
Could it be so that the USB mapping was the key thing to get Big Sur installation working... Maybe we know the truth at some day.

Reactions: aleixsr