B550i AORUS PRO AX Ryzen 3700X RX590 - Big Sur

rushpracticesalmon

AMD OS X Member
It is a pacher that is only needed if you have trouble activating your Adobe Cloud licence. For various reasons.
Not paying a subscription and not having a licence being one of them.

You don't need it if your Adobe Cloud subscription works normally.

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member
Hello @rushpracticesalmon I'm facing sme issue with XHC0 PRT3 , did you found any solution ?

Thanks.

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member

t_riikonen

AMD OS X Member
Ok, I've redone my USB mapping.
I have almost 1:1 the same setup. The only difference is RX580. I even have a NZXT H1 case. I'd be grateful if you can share your latest USB mapping kext here.

rushpracticesalmon

AMD OS X Member
Does your regular wifi work as well?
Wireless card on this board is an Intel AX200. Intel wireless doesn't play well with hackintosh at all.
For wifi and bluetooth support, one should look into the project "IntelOpenWireless".
What I use for bluetooth comes from this project and works fine-ish. I haven't looked into WiFi since the computer is a desktop and I have an ethernet plug next to it.
I fixed it setting SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1 using https://github.com/corpnewt/GenSMBIOS tool.
Hmm. I'll look into that.
I have almost 1:1 the same setup. The only difference is RX580. I even have a NZXT H1 case. I'd be grateful if you can share your latest USB mapping kext here.
I'm honnestly not 100% confident of my USB mapping. But here you go :

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 14

ziocomposite

AMD OS X Member
Hey all, to update the native m.2 I got works. Only kept the lan kext while not having to install wifi/blueooth ones. My first module I'm guessing was not fully operational but the 2nd works flawlessly.

Also during the initial replacement to test before putting the mobo back together installed the module but the meta portion ofl one of the antennas was hitting the screw. It will work but your wifi and bluetooth will be severely hampered. Moved the wires some more so the metal does not contact anything and it works great.

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member
Hi what about sleep?
I'm able to sleep but it's not possible to wake up, any thoughts?

Thanks.

rushpracticesalmon

AMD OS X Member
Hi what about sleep?
I'm able to sleep but it's not possible to wake up, any thoughts?

Thanks.
AFAIK sleep is broken on Catalina, especially with B550 boards. Some people have more success by doing proper USB mapping. But even though, it may not work (it's explained in the guides).
In my case it doesn't. Same as you, it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up.

I wonder if it works better with Big Sur...

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member
AFAIK sleep is broken on Catalina, especially with B550 boards. Some people have more success by doing proper USB mapping. But even though, it may not work (it's explained in the guides).
In my case it doesn't. Same as you, it goes to sleep but doesn't wake up.

I wonder if it works better with Big Sur...
This guy tells sleep is working with same board but isn't ITX form factor:

do you think it should work?

I tried his EFI but I always get stuck on boot, I don't understand why.

rushpracticesalmon

AMD OS X Member
This guy tells sleep is working with same board but isn't ITX form factor:

do you think it should work?

I tried his EFI but I always get stuck on boot, I don't understand why.
Number one cause of broken Sleep is "Incorrectly managed devices(most commonly PCIe based devices) : USB Controllers and Devices"

My guess is that: even though the board is the same, being different form factor : ATX vs ITX probably results in different controlers layout, controlers mapping, etc... Probably enough to brake sleep.

aleixsr

AMD OS X Member
Number one cause of broken Sleep is "Incorrectly managed devices(most commonly PCIe based devices) : USB Controllers and Devices"

My guess is that: even though the board is the same, being different form factor : ATX vs ITX probably results in different controlers layout, controlers mapping, etc... Probably enough to brake sleep.
You're right, I booted Mojave with same EFI and sleep works fine. So, because of course is same machine, must be related to Catalina.
Do you now anything about sleep under Big Sur?

t_riikonen

AMD OS X Member

varunjain16

AMD OS X Member
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.