AMD OS X Member
2B84C924-76C7-4CFC-9DE4-32770B250A98.JPG
  • Installed Operating Systems: Catalina 10.15.7 - Windows 10 Education
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
  • RAM: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • SSD: macOS - PNY 250GB boot, Samsung 500GB storage/scratch
  • LAN: RTL8125. Edit: I had to adjust my settings by following these instructions:
    . I may have only changed the speed since I have a gigabit up/down connection, but I can only recall that the settings TechNolli shows in his video were not the best for the Tomahawk.
  • Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: I can't remember which card I have, but it's from a MacBook and it's connected via PCI-E.
  • Sound: USB-C to 3.5mm DAC, AMD HDMI, Bluetooth, Corsair Virtuoso in USB-C DAC mode. From what I've read, others have not been able to get the 3.5mm jacks to work on MSI's B550s and neither have I. I finally used the 3.5mm HDMI out on the back of my monitor and that worked. I also connected an Anker SoundCore2 speaker to Bluetooth and there were no issues. I got a USB-C to 3.5mm DAC that is rated for 32Ω. I planned on using my HyperX Cloud Cores from the front USB-C connector on my Lian Li Lancool II. The USB-C to 3.5mm connector didn't work properly with those headphones, although it powered some Samsung/AKG earbuds superbly--kind of blowing me away actually. I found out that the Cloud Cores are 60Ω headphones. I have ordered a new USB-C to 3.5mm DAC that can handle up to 600Ω, so I expect to be able to use that with my front USB-C connector. I connected the 32Ω DAC to the USB-C port in the back of my case and plugged the 3.5mm jack to my speakers into that. Now, I won't have to change my wiring around, and I will have the same audio setup in both Windows and macOS.
  • Bootloader: OpenCore; I followed it to a T, except I got the LucyRTL8125 from someone else's EFI folder on another forum.
  • Working: Handoff, FaceTime, iMessage, Adobe CC 2020 suite, Razer Kiyo webcam, Blue Snowball iCE microphone, Logitech MX Master 2S, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE, Logitech z-2300 2.1 THX-certified speakers.
  • Not working: Sleep, haven't tried fixing it.
  • A little weird: HyperX Alloy TKL keyboard works, but it's listed as a mouse?
I honestly have mostly used my Hackintoshes over the years for iMovie and FaceTime. I get the full Adobe CC suite for free from a college I work at part-time. I have tried and used Premiere, but iMovie is all I need most of the time. I was on a FaceTime call for 90 minutes the other night with one of my Meetup groups. Two of the members had to use their phones rather than their iMacs because they were experiencing problems with FaceTime on Catalina. I wasn't having those problems on my TomaHACK!

Last edited:

Ssakk31

AMD OS X Member
EFI please? I have issues with getting mine to work - using ASUS ROG B550i

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.