- Sep 13, 2020
- Installed Operating Systems: Catalina 10.15.7 - Windows 10 Education
- CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
- Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk
- RAM: G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
- Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
- SSD: macOS - PNY 250GB boot, Samsung 500GB storage/scratch
- LAN: RTL8125. Edit: I had to adjust my settings by following these instructions:
- Wi-Fi/Bluetooth: I can't remember which card I have, but it's from a MacBook and it's connected via PCI-E.
- Sound: USB-C to 3.5mm DAC, AMD HDMI, Bluetooth, Corsair Virtuoso in USB-C DAC mode. From what I've read, others have not been able to get the 3.5mm jacks to work on MSI's B550s and neither have I. I finally used the 3.5mm HDMI out on the back of my monitor and that worked. I also connected an Anker SoundCore2 speaker to Bluetooth and there were no issues. I got a USB-C to 3.5mm DAC that is rated for 32Ω. I planned on using my HyperX Cloud Cores from the front USB-C connector on my Lian Li Lancool II. The USB-C to 3.5mm connector didn't work properly with those headphones, although it powered some Samsung/AKG earbuds superbly--kind of blowing me away actually. I found out that the Cloud Cores are 60Ω headphones. I have ordered a new USB-C to 3.5mm DAC that can handle up to 600Ω, so I expect to be able to use that with my front USB-C connector. I connected the 32Ω DAC to the USB-C port in the back of my case and plugged the 3.5mm jack to my speakers into that. Now, I won't have to change my wiring around, and I will have the same audio setup in both Windows and macOS.
- Bootloader: OpenCore; I followed it to a T, except I got the LucyRTL8125 from someone else's EFI folder on another forum.
- Working: Handoff, FaceTime, iMessage, Adobe CC 2020 suite, Razer Kiyo webcam, Blue Snowball iCE microphone, Logitech MX Master 2S, Logitech G502 Spectrum, Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro SE, Logitech z-2300 2.1 THX-certified speakers.
- Not working: Sleep, haven't tried fixing it.
- A little weird: HyperX Alloy TKL keyboard works, but it's listed as a mouse?