B550 Aorus Pro 100% HDD load -System stands still

Fooose

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
today I need your help, my system is running and completely set up.
But unfortunately I can not get a massive problem under control.
In irregular intervals the hard disk activity increases in such a way that I can't do anything on the system,
the LED of the hard disk shines permanently for more than 20 seconds,
then the system works for a while until the error occurs again.
Unfortunately I can neither localize nor reproduce the error.
Do I need special BIOS settings that I have not yet set?

I am grateful for any help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 10

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does Console or tail -f /var/log/system.log throw up anything during/right after such events?

Fooose

AMD OS X Member
I suspect it is here, but I don't know the solution. The hard disk performance is completely limited, and under "Big Sure" it is even more extreme.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 16.21.27.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 16.21.27.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 16.25.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-05 um 16.25.53.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 16

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This seems to be an issue on actual Mac too. It looks like Spotlight is indexing your drives for search. For info on this see here, http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/stopspotlightindex.html
You can try disabling it as shown on that site to see if the problem goes away and then try rebuilding the index.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I had Spotlight issues too, root path was there multiple times and Spotlight did not work correctly. Even disabling/enabling and manually removing/re-adding on the command line did not help but made it worse. After a clean install with DP6 Spotlight was working properly again.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
My system vomits up the Service exited due to SIGKILL | sent by mds[150] messages too (started with 10.15.5 if I recall - made a post about it a while ago) but it is never so intense that it grinds my system to a halt. People are complaining about it on Apple Community as well, but none of the supplementals for Catalina addressed this issue. Pretty disappointing to hear it's on Big Sur too.

Potato007

AMD OS X Member
here's how to rebuild Spotlight database - paste into Terminal:

sudo rm -rf /.Spotlight-V100

if the above command is not working, you have to grant FullDisk Access to Terminal

continue with these:

sudo mdutil -i on /
sudo mdutil -E /

your drive should be reindexed within 15-20 min depending the size and type (HD/SSD)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.