B450 Aorus Elite with Ryzen 5 3600

dawidxt

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I tried to install 10.13.6 on PC from the title using OpenCore 0.6.2 / but also was mixing it with 0.6.3, and some old one. Anyway I got it working but any changes made by the OpenCore Configurator seemed to break something. I am assuming I just was using latest Configurator, and not so new config.plist. The config was downloaded from the internet for this motherboard. Anyways. Does someone have working EFI for this build and for latest OpenCore?

I quit after 2 days of trying, I rested... and I would give it a try for second try haha.
I am long term Clover user, but OpenCore seems a bit different, and still there is no so big support and knowledge about it compared to Clover...

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

dawidxt

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, I started all over using latest 2.16.1.0 configurator with OpenCore 0.6.3. And I stuck at simular issue I had previously:

2f9484c7-878e-4b90-9ddb-c1bd73aea963.jpg

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

dawidxt

AMD OS X Member
I tried this solution, and now it seems Mac goes pass through this, but after a lot of console things it just restarts. On usb I don't see any log is created, so it's hard to tell whats wrong now... I will still try to figure this out on my own, but in the mean time I wanted to write here for any advice.

edit: for some reason I can't turn of CSM in my motherboard, I am disabling this, but each time I run again the bios it is still turned on. It might be some clue.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Since you did not add any clues to your hardware its impossible to help...

If your GPU does not support UEFI then your BIOS will automatically re-enable CSM since it can not POST otherwise.

dawidxt

AMD OS X Member
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
MB: B450 Aorus Elite
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) that's why I am trying to install this on latest High Sierra, but the newer ones.

Proper kexts for my components are already in kext folder.
I am sure there is something I'm not checking for this motherboard, maybe some boot flag....

edit: ok I made it to the installer adding: npci=0x3000 to bootflag. I'm not sure if everything is 100% correctly checked, is there are some needed and unneeded checks, but now at least I can run the installer.

1. Could You please tell me what I need in order to run GTX1050 with acceleration? In clover I had to download and install Cuda, and Webdrivers, and before restarting the Mac, I had to check "nvidia web" in clover configurator. How to run it in OpenCore?
2. How to run OpenCore in dual boot on same m2 drive with Windows 10? Similar steps like in Clover - I have to create partitions using Mac Installer, then install Win, and then Mac? The bootloader will recognize the window partition?
3. Does OpenCore have some graphic gui? I just see simple bios partition picker (using keyboard up/down). How to make it more graphical like in Clover?

Attachments

• 7064d87a-1a8b-455e-89f3-b78bc0f4d454.jpg
    7064d87a-1a8b-455e-89f3-b78bc0f4d454.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 8

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Sorry, can't help with any of those questions. Never used Nvidia, Dual Boot or the OC GUI.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.