Aureal - Controll RGB on macOS

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I put your update into the resources section a few days ago too. :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That's another update :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Since you are now working on the App do you think you can enable RGB Memory Support to it?
Its all controlled together and not a separate entity when using Armoury Crate

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don’t now exactly how that is linked to Aura. But in my experience from the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, RAM RGB is controlled through the SMBus, which is not that easy to access on MacOS… and would be very dependent on each type of RAM.

I had to switch out my Corsair RAM for lower profile ones to make room for the reservoir when I put in my custom loop. Therefore I have no way to test even if I had any idea how to implement it.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don’t now exactly how that is linked to Aura. But in my experience from the Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB, RAM RGB is controlled through the SMBus, which is not that easy to access on MacOS… and would be very dependent on each type of RAM.

I had to switch out my Corsair RAM for lower profile ones to make room for the reservoir when I put in my custom loop. Therefore I have no way to test even if I had any idea how to implement it.

I'd suspect it's through the SMBus too. I'd say see how liquidctl does it but they state DRAM control is only available via Linux, https://github.com/liquidctl/liquidctl/blob/main/docs/ddr4-guide.md

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’m not using Corsair ram I’m using Kingston memory and it uses Asus software to control it. (No plug-ins or additional software involved)
besicly whatever I set the board as the memory follows.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
From what I can tell all RGB RAM uses the SMBus / SPD EEPROM to communicate with software.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Good morning guys,

Aureal works only with Asus Mobo or can I check the LEDs even gigabyte cards?

I wanted to fix the PC's LEDs because it became a Christmas tree ... especially the RAM (crucial ballistix) is very annoying.

How can I do?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Good morning guys,

I wanted to fix the PC's LEDs because it became a Christmas tree ... especially the RAM (crucial ballistix) is very annoying.
Aureal is for ASUS motherboards only.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Good morning guys,

How can I do?

If it's Gigabyte Fusion then liquidctl can handle it.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Beautiful! I'll try it, thanks Shaneee!!!

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Guys I tried to install liquidctl but I don't understand how to do it, do I have to open a dedicated 3d?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Guys I tried to install liquidctl but I don't understand how to do it, do I have to open a dedicated 3d?

Getting a bit off topic now but you can install liquidctl with brew.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Great touch with 0.9.0 being available in the menu bar but you have no option now of closing the program once it’s running.
It would be great if you could add a right click exit option to the menu icon buddy. :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That what I was having in mind before releasing 1.0 :)

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Added a popup to open/exit the App in the latest Release :)

Attachments

• Aureal-0.9.1.zip
    651 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.