AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blizzard.Wind

AMD OS X Member
I use my BCM94360NG for windows, Linux and MacOS (I removed my Intel card and replaced it with the BCM94360NG) and there’s no problem at all wifi and Bluetooth wise in any OS.
5.0 Bluetooth really doesn’t make that much difference depending on why your using it. If it’s for headsets and controllers while gaming then I wouldn’t worry about it one bit.
It might be lagging to connect for you in windows because your not using the right drivers or maybe because you have both cards enabled.

On the flip side I guess I could have a pop at making you a ssdt but I would need a copy of your IO Reg to do it and even then I might fail cos it’s hard for me to do it blind. Il give it a crack for you if you like though….lol
Guide wise if you want to do it yourself there’s not one that I know of but thinking about it you could use the same method that you use to block out a NVidia GPU from MacOS you just turn off a different slot connected to your Intel wireless card.
Well this is the exact motherboard you're having... I upgraded from an x370 wifi motherboard which I removed the wifi cause it makes the computer lagged and rebooting over and over again...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Well this is the exact motherboard you're having... I upgraded from an x370 wifi motherboard which I removed the wifi cause it makes the computer lagged and rebooting over and over again...
I totally don’t understand what you mean with your first sentence and That’s not the WiFi doing that that’s something you have done wrong config wise or a faulty card.

Blizzard.Wind

AMD OS X Member
Isn't this motherboard that you're currently using? Also, the lagging is from windows 10 way back when I first got the motherboard... on macos there a little bit lag here and there but not too major....

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I now use a Asus X570-E but used a X570 Pro and Ultra for a good while and had no such problems.
I was using a BCM94360CS2 on a pcie adaptor and had the onboard Intel disabled on the board. Bluetooth and WiFi worked perfect via Windows, linux and MacOS with no lag or anything else.

Natalus

AMD OS X Member
What do you mean when you say handoff keeps popping up?
Is it happening when you have no other Apple devices in operation?
It shouldn’t be doing that if it is and it won’t be due to WiFi so try signing out of your iCloud and then clearing out your cache, restart, Clear your NVRam, boot back up and then sign back into your iCloud account and the problem should be solved.

Whatever you do do not buy a Fenvi T919, That’s my most hated wireless card out there and is just rubbish.
If you want to get a alternative wireless card then get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a PCIe Adaptor. That will give you a full native solution with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working and you will have AirDrop working too.

Theres no RGG software controllers that I know of that work with Gigabyte boards (There might well be one out there I’ve just never seen it) Can you not switch off the lighting from within the bios?
I cant remember off the top of my head but you can on all Asus boards. Your only other option would be to turn them off in Windows using Fusion and that should do it.

Hi AudioGod. On the handoff, i just meant it pops up everytime i'm using a corresponding app on my phone, and my phone also sees my Mac OS so i think it is working fine. I'll have a look at the wireless card and adapter as that looks like a nice solution. I appreciate your warning about the T919.

I set the RGB to profile 1 in Fusion on Windows, and the Mac OS seems to keep that profile configuration which is great. I had the rainbow effect on which is nice for a bit but not all the time.

If i can ask for your help on one last issue i've discovered... There are 2 line outs shown in the Mac OS sound preferences, which is perfect as i have headphones in one port, and a speaker set up out of the other. I can easily switch between speakers and headphones using the sound preferences (just FYI the headphone output in sound preferences doesnt seem to give any sound out on the rear ports of the mobo, and also i have not connected the front case USB/sound ports either). The main issue i have, is that both line outs on Mac OS dont correspond with a normal line out on Windows - they are the only ports i cant configure to be a normal output in Windows. In Windows, for the other 3 ports, i can select whether they are a line in, headphone out etc, but the 2 that are used for Mac OS seem to be fixed as rear speakers or a centre speaker in Windows). Is there any way to change the 2 line outs on Mac Os to any 2 of the other 3 output ports on my mobo? I'm just trying to avoid unplugging cables each time i swap between Windows and Mac. It's not a major issue, but it would be a nice fix if possible.

As always thanks for your help.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If i can ask for your help on one last issue i've discovered... There are 2 line outs shown in the Mac OS sound preferences, which is perfect as i have headphones in one port, and a speaker set up out of the other. I can easily switch between speakers and headphones using the sound preferences (just FYI the headphone output in sound preferences doesnt seem to give any sound out on the rear ports of the mobo, and also i have not connected the front case USB/sound ports either). The main issue i have, is that both line outs on Mac OS dont correspond with a normal line out on Windows - they are the only ports i cant configure to be a normal output in Windows. In Windows, for the other 3 ports, i can select whether they are a line in, headphone out etc, but the 2 that are used for Mac OS seem to be fixed as rear speakers or a centre speaker in Windows). Is there any way to change the 2 line outs on Mac Os to any 2 of the other 3 output ports on my mobo? I'm just trying to avoid unplugging cables each time i swap between Windows and Mac. It's not a major issue, but it would be a nice fix if possible.

As always thanks for your help.
The Kext used to make audio work aka the ApleALC.kext is not made to work with AMD boards in mind, we are just lucky that the codecs used are the same across Intel and AMD boards, this is why theres no working mic input and also why routing the outputs is just not possible but if you are using the correct output for your speakers (middle bottom if you are looking at the outs) and set to internal speakers for the output then you should be able to plug your headphones into the headphone out on the front of your case and it will automatically switch from your speakers to your headphones and switch back when you unplug them again.
The only other thing I would suggest is to get yourself a DAC and that way you can route the outs however you like.

errevi

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I now use a Asus X570-E but used a X570 Pro and Ultra for a good while and had no such problems.
I was using a BCM94360CS2 on a pcie adaptor and had the onboard Intel disabled on the board. Bluetooth and WiFi worked perfect via Windows, linux and MacOS with no lag or anything else.
Please do not tell me you will not go on updating the EFI folder for Gigabyte motherboards in the future, you did such a great job

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Please do not tell me you will not go on updating the EFI folder for Gigabyte motherboards in the future, you did such a great job
Of course I will, I have no intention on dropping this thread don’t worry. I’ve been using the X570-E for a good few months now. It’s all good buddy. :)

mr_1r0ny

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I'm super newbie to this so sorry if those are dumb questions. My setup is Aorus X570 Master Rev 1.1/1.2, 5950X and Asrock 6900XT Formula OC, I'm using exactly attached EFI. I tried to add more kexts and modified Config.plist (the second file linked) but the installer wasn't booting at all so I kept the kexts but removed them from the original Config. Additionaly it looks like the system can't find proper GPU - it says Graphic: Display 15MB instead of 6900XT. Would you be able to help & explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 10
  • Config.plist
    51.7 KB · Views: 0

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, I'm super newbie to this so sorry if those are dumb questions. My setup is Aorus X570 Master Rev 1.1/1.2, 5950X and Asrock 6900XT Formula OC, I'm using exactly attached EFI. I tried to add more kexts and modified Config.plist (the second file linked) but the installer wasn't booting at all so I kept the kexts but removed them from the original Config. Additionaly it looks like the system can't find proper GPU - it says Graphic: Display 15MB instead of 6900XT. Would you be able to help & explain what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
I’m not in front of my system to check your files at the second but grab my EFI from the first post on page one and then add your own smbios details to the Config.plist as described on the same post and add nothing else to it kext or ssdt wise and it should work perfectly for you with nothing else doing.
You can then just use my EFI or compare it to yours and work out what’s different.

Finally make sure you are using the latest bios revision for your motherboard and also use the bios settings laid on page one.

mr_1r0ny

AMD OS X Member
Sure, that's what I did. The result is that I was able to run installer and then system but with broken GPU. I'll wait then maybe you'll find some time later on.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sure, that's what I did. The result is that I was able to run installer and then system but with broken GPU. I'll wait then maybe you'll find some time later on.
I use a RX 6800 so the EFI is already setup for a Big Navi GPU so nothing needs doing on that front.
This might be a firmware problem with the ASRock Variant of the GPU. I have never used or seen anybody using one in a hack so I can’t comment if it could be a problem but 100% for sure the RX 6800. 6800 XT and 6900 XT all should work with my EFI exactly as is.

As a test you could try disabling WhatEverGreen.Kext from the config.plist and see if kicks it in. If it does you then need to bug report it to the OpenCore Devs so they can investigate it further.
Try and See and let me know.

Last edited:

mr_1r0ny

AMD OS X Member
Howdy, I did the trick disabling whatevergreen but no success at all. I can find 6900XT listed somewhere in Hackintool but it's still Display 15MB... :/

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Howdy, I did the trick disabling whatevergreen but no success at all. I can find 6900XT listed somewhere in Hackintool but it's still Display 15MB... :/
That could very well be a problem with the vbios in that case, I’ve seen countless 6900XT builds and they all work out of the box with WEG. I can’t confirm it as I have no previous with the ASRock variant but have a google and see if you can find any success story’s of fails using your ASRock 6900XT.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Ready), 5th July 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Make sure you sign out of all icloud services before swapping over to the 7,1 EFI and Do not try and carry across your old 1,1 details to SMBIOS 7,1. You will need to create new Personal SMBIOS Details for MacPro7,1.
If you are using your real UUID and MAC address from your motherboard then these can carry over but not the Serial Number and MLB, These will need to be regenerated.

Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port or WiFi instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.1 - 05/07/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 071 EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 39

sunsunich

AMD OS X Member
I can’t thank you enough AudioGod, everything works like a charm, except for the internal microphone :(

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Ready), 5th July 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Make sure you sign out of all icloud services before swapping over to the 7,1 EFI and Do not try and carry across your old 1,1 details to SMBIOS 7,1. You will need to create new Personal SMBIOS Details for MacPro7,1.
If you are using your real UUID and MAC address from your motherboard then these can carry over but not the Serial Number and MLB, These will need to be regenerated.

Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port or WiFi instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.1 - 05/07/2021
Hi, I try to installing it, but I’m stuck at #[EB]LOG:EXITBS:START] 2021-07-11T03:42:55
Can y help me? My config is Ryzen 7 5800x, Aorus pro rev 1.2, 5700XT, 32 Gb Ram

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@xenearz Makesure you are using the correct bios settings listed on page one of this thread and you're using the latest bios revision.

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
@xenearz Makesure you are using the correct bios settings listed on page one of this thread and you're using the latest bios revision.
I update my bios version to F34b from F33, bios settings are correct, but I’m again stuck at this screen :(

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I update my bios version to F34b from F33, bios settings are correct, but I’m again stuck at this screen :(

Did you add your smbios details to the EFI and have you got above 4G decoding disbled in the bios?
Did you add anything other then what I provided inside my EFI because you don’t need to if you did?
If you have everything setup correctly it will work buddy.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.