AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Updated to 11.4 Beta 1 without a problem. My rt6800 should be here in the next few days.
Disable WEG and any WEG related boot arguments when you get your 6800.
It works a lot better without the kext for now. 👍

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
Disable WEG and any WEG related boot arguments when you get your 6800.
It works a lot better without the kext for now. 👍
you mean without agdpmod=pikera? Will try

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
Such great news! Can’t wait to test it out :)

EDIT: I’ll finally be able to change my signature ;)
Hope to see it working soon , works great on a X570 master

highend

AMD OS X Member
Works fine with the RX 6800 XT. Thanks.

MarcelB

AMD OS X Member
You need to swap the Ethernet kext I’m using for the older version v1.2.5 compatible with High Sierra, (but I see you say you have done that)

Change alcid=29 to 7 or 1.

My EFI is very much setup for Big Sur or Catalina but it doesn’t take much to make it work for anything older.
- Aorus X570 Ultra v1.2 (with 5800x), Nvidia GTX 1060 6Go, High Sierra 10.13.6 17G14042, Nvidia Web drivers 387.10.10.10.40.140 -
I made progress.
Audio is working with alcid = 11
Nvidia Web drivers are working with nvda_drv=1
Ethernet is working with SmallTree v1.2.5
iMacPro1,1 definition is conducting to freeze on Apple logo when updating (security update 2020-005), but it is working fine with iMac14,2.
(I don't understand why. I tested iMac14,2 because it was working fine in the past on my old config and High Sierra).
All what I tested (and need) is working except the 4 USB 2.0 in the back, and some hard disks are seen as external (but internal on SATA).
What are you using to see the USB map?
Thanks for all your precious advices.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
- Aorus X570 Ultra v1.2 (with 5800x), Nvidia GTX 1060 6Go, High Sierra 10.13.6 17G14042, Nvidia Web drivers 387.10.10.10.40.140 -
I made progress.
Audio is working with alcid = 11
Nvidia Web drivers are working with nvda_drv=1
Ethernet is working with SmallTree v1.2.5
iMacPro1,1 definition is conducting to freeze on Apple logo when updating (security update 2020-005), but it is working fine with iMac14,2.
(I don't understand why. I tested iMac14,2 because it was working fine in the past on my old config and High Sierra).
All what I tested (and need) is working except the 4 USB 2.0 in the back, and some hard disks are seen as external (but internal on SATA).
What are you using to see the USB map?
Thanks for all your precious advices.
While trying to use 1,1 did you disable the SecureBootModel?
The USB is already mapped out 100% correct For your board, all you need to do is change the USBMap to coincide with the new smbios and it will kick into life.

You can use the IORegistry app to examine your USB paths to correct it all.

also read the OC guide on how to remap the work that’s already done as it should only take you a few mins to correct.

highend

AMD OS X Member
Yes and disable whatevergreen from the kernel too.
In my case, if WEG is unchecked, the DP port monitor(main) is not recognized. And if I delete agdpmod=pikera, the entire monitor not be recognized. I'm using a triple monitor (DP, HDMI1, HDMI2)
Once again thank you for your sharing. :)

MarcelB

AMD OS X Member
While trying to use 1,1 did you disable the SecureBootModel?
The USB is already mapped out 100% correct For your board, all you need to do is change the USBMap to coincide with the new smbios and it will kick into life.

You can use the IORegistry app to examine your USB paths to correct it all.

also read the OC guide on how to remap the work that’s already done as it should only take you a few mins to correct.
Thanks. I will do.
Yes, I disabled the SecureBootModel for both.
When enabled OpenCore is stopping with error message.

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Screw it, yolo and crap:

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 7.02.55 PM.png

Maybe beta isn’t more unstable than release these days with macOS.😜

Everything works fine so far. I can remove my GPU disable hack (finally!), so sound will work out of the box. And then I can release the turtle and let him out into the deep ocean (no more GT 730, yay). I use DisplayPort and my first subjective impression was that the colors were slightly muted, but it was mainly a calibration issue and the overall image quality is way better now than with the ancient GT 730 I had to use because of missing drivers. I guess I’m one lucky *******.

For full reference: I had to add agdpmod=pikera to boot-arg, because I would get a black screen fairly late in the boot process when WindowServer activates. I also left WEG enabled, I guess it mostly has a negative performance impact right now?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screw it, yolo and crap:

Maybe beta isn’t more unstable than release these days with macOS.😜

Everything works fine so far. I can remove my GPU disable hack (finally!), so sound will work out of the box. And then I can release the turtle and let him out into the deep ocean (no more GT 730, yay). I use DisplayPort and my first subjective impression was that the colors were slightly muted, but it was mainly a calibration issue and the overall image quality is way better now than with the ancient GT 730 I had to use because of missing drivers. I guess I’m one lucky *******.

For full reference: I had to add agdpmod=pikera to boot-arg, because I would get a black screen fairly late in the boot process when WindowServer activates. I also left WEG enabled, I guess it mostly has a negative performance impact right now?
You only remove agdpmod=pikera if you disable WEG (it’s a WEG boot argument)
WEG does negatively impact performance but not by much and it will get updated at some point to account for big Navi.
It’s no big deal really.

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
Got my card today.
Without WEG only HDMI works but no displayports. So its WEG + agdpmod=pikera for now

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 3rd May 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • AMD Patches Updated for Big Sur 11.3 Compatibility
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.0,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.9 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • DRM For AppleTV is now fully working,
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
Note 1 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 2 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 3 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.9 - 03/05/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 069 EFI .zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 31

LukeDoky

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for this. This works great. One small thing is when I trying to use iStat Menus or Stats app to show CPU, Memory, internet. It will crash my computer. Do you have any idea why?

LukeDoky

AMD OS X Member
Other problem I'm experiencing is my computer would go to sleep successfully and I can wake it up with the power button. But after goes to sleep for few hours, it would force reboot, I have no idea why would that happen.

singing_fish

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much for the best OC related information I ever read, AudioGod.
It works nearly perfect here :)
Just one issue is left. If I try to start a VirtualMachine I get the error message: "to start the vM there is not enough physical memory available".
On the same PC with Clover and Catalina it works nice.
Sadly VM Ware is very important to me.

Any help with this is welcome,
thank you,
René

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you very much for the best OC related information I ever read, AudioGod.
It works nearly perfect here :)
Just one issue is left. If I try to start a VirtualMachine I get the error message: "to start the vM there is not enough physical memory available".
On the same PC with Clover and Catalina it works nice.
Sadly VM Ware is very important to me.

Any help with this is welcome,
thank you,
René

I didn’t know VMWare is compatible with a AMD setup So this is a first to me I’m afraid. I know there was an older version that worked but I thought that was broken ages ago.

I use virtualbox as it’s the only one I know of that works with AMD and MacOS

singing_fish

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your response,
I used VirtualBox for a long time but since I am working for different carmakers I need VM Ware, because it emulates the internal IT Systems.
VirtualBox machines will be noticed as "intruder" and immediately blocked :(
Well, I'll try a little to solve this problem.
If somebody is interested in running VM Ware Fusion on AMD, see the attached file for the working version (ok, at least with clover and 10.15.xx).034858F2-9473-4077-A808-3C325FBDDABC_4_5005_c.jpeg

CoolBean

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod!!
Thank you

This worked for me and I was able to finally boot into Mac OSX 10.13
So I can confirm this EFI also works with Gigabyte x570 xtreme board.
Everything working for the most part!

Things not working:
--Internal Ethernet ports, I will have to look and see if there is something I can adjust here since you have this working on the PRO motherboard.
At least the 1Gbe port should work and if I am lucky I can get the 10Gbe port working since it is native Aquanti chipset OSX has support for.
--Some of the 2.0 USB ports not working, but may just be that my bios not set to Legacy USB Support -> Auto
--Did not see wifi but maybe your not using the one that comes with Gigabyte boards, Bluetooth is working tho.

Gigabyte x570 xtreme hackintosh.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 and anybody else that uses my EFI that’s reading this,
Im thinking about converting the EFI to SMBios MacPro7,1 but know this might be a problem for anybody using an older OS then Catalina so please do tell me if you would like me to convert to 7,1 or stay with 1,1?
It makes no difference to me so I will just do what the majority want.
Please do let me know?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.