AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
hows it coming along? I'm in no hurry i can wait until your done.
It’s coming on very good, Laggy keyboard via OpenCanopy is fixed, AppleTV Green Screen is fixed. Average and minimum lows in windows are much Better via a 5700xt, SSDT-EC-USBX has been removed and replaced with SSDT-USBX and is EC is done via SSDT-SBRG now and the list goes on...lol
I will post a changlog along with the update like I always do so just make sure you read it as there’s a tiny bit of bios setting changes too.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
its so quiet here, apparently everybody’s system is working as smoothly as mine 😃 0.6.6 RELEASED !

Last edited:

Steaps

AMD OS X Member
My sleep seems to be half-working (I can sleep & wake from sleep), however once it hits the full hibernation (fans turn off) they all click back on. It seems like it's the GPU clicking back on.

Does this happen to you at all?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
My sleep seems to be half-working (I can sleep & wake from sleep), however once it hits the full hibernation (fans turn off) they all click back on. It seems like it's the GPU clicking back on.

Does this happen to you at all?
No nothing like that has ever happened to me.
have you got a AIO of some sort connected to your internal USB port by any chance?

Steaps

AMD OS X Member
have you got a AIO of some sort connected to your internal USB port by any chance?

Just a Fenvi T919 connected to the F_USB1 (Aorus Elite MB). CPU Fan (be quiet! dark rock pro 4) connected to the CPU_FAN.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Just a Fenvi T919 connected to the F_USB1 (Aorus Elite MB). CPU Fan (be quiet! dark rock pro 4) connected to the CPU_FAN.
As a test Disconnect the T919 from the Internal USB port and try sleep again.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
0.6.6 and 11.2 all ready to go :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
0.6.6 ready togo as in it’s out?
not yet it’s not but 11.2 is out yes indeed.
sorry your right it is not finalized. I have question about overclocking on this gigabyte board. I'm so used to Asus gigabyte uses different names. I'm trying to stabalize my Infinity Fabric oc. The only thing that I undrstand is the soc voltage. My memory is fine so its definatly something else. I had to update the soc to 1.1 to 1.15 and I know you said 1.1 was a bit much when not overclocking. Is there some other settings I can adjust so I can bump down the soc voltage?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
sorry your right it is not finalized. I have question about overclocking on this gigabyte board. I'm so used to Asus gigabyte uses different names. I'm trying to stabalize my Infinity Fabric oc. The only thing that I undrstand is the soc voltage. My memory is fine so its definatly something else. I had to update the soc to 1.1 to 1.15 and I know you said 1.1 was a bit much when not overclocking. Is there some other settings I can adjust so I can bump down the soc voltage?
I look at the Ryzen more like a gpu then a cpu when it comes to overclocking it.
How im doing it is via PBO in Advanced mode and im going +200 on the cores and -19 via my power curve and im getting an all core OC of 4.6ghz and my max single core is hitting 5.15ghz with a max temp of of 74c

The infinity Fabric and SOC are tied in to memory, you wanna keep the memory Frequency and the Infinity Fabric 1:1 raising the SOC to 1.15v is safe but again only effects memory overclocking.

Would you like me to save my bios profile and send it to you bud?
il turn off my memory tuning and leave my CPU overclocking and the only thing your need to adjust is the power curve. Might need more or might need less but I doubt very much it would be the same.
use windows and cinibench on a loop to test and have HWINFO open and watch the cores as again they act like gpu core and the more heat the less the peak freq is so you got to find the perfect balance.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Nice and Easy update to Big Sur 11.2 :love:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have a 5800x so i'm guessing my boost wont be as high. my memory is at 3733 16-16 -16 - 32 my flck is 1866. Could you post a screen shot of your PBO settings?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have a 5800x so i'm guessing my boost wont be as high. my memory is at 3733 my flck is 1866. Could you post a screen shot of your PBO settings?

It probably won't boost as high no but the settings should work the same and max out what it can on the 5800x. your just have to find the right curse to set.
Here just unzip and save it to a USB key then load it in via profiles and work from there. (bios revision 33a)
I've turned off my memory overclocking and left my Advanced PBO settings and settings needed for your hack to work but enable above 4g decoding as I have it disabled and it will be disabled for my EFIs from 066.

Attachments

• pbo tuning.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 9

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 disable above 4g decoding and add the boot argument npci=0x2000 to the config.plist before you do so.
Take a bench of your average frame rate before and after via windows and watch the jump up in Performance.
Reason being is gigabyte has done something wrong when they added sam support and the resize bar. It’s a must change that I’ve made in 066 but you can do it now via 065 anyway since your looking for frame rate gains :)

Let me know how it all works out for you buddy and where your cores get to after you find the sweet spot?
Good Luck and Happy Tuning. 🤓

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@svan71 disable above 4g decoding and add the boot argument npci=0x2000 to the config.plist before you do so.
Take a bench of your average frame rate before and after via windows and watch the jump up in Performance.
Reason being is gigabyte has done something wrong when they added sam support and the resize bar. It’s a must change that I’ve made in 066 but you can do it now via 065 anyway since your looking for frame rate gains :)

Let me know how it all works out for you buddy and where your cores get to after you find the sweet spot?
Good Luck and Happy Tuning. 🤓
waiting for 0.6.6 before I dual boot, why was 4g decoding disabled for 0.6.6 requiring the npci=0x2000 ? I thought enabling it removed the need for the boot arg

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
waiting for 0.6.6 before I dual boot, why was 4g decoding disabled for 0.6.6 requiring the npci=0x2000 ? I thought enabling it removed the need for the boot arg
Gigabyte has done something wrong when they added sam support and the resize bar and there's a very big ave frame rate drop when above 4g is enabled. I checked and double checked with a hand full of games and found the same results over and over. It’s a must change that I’ve made in 066 but you can do it now via 065 anyway since your looking for frame rate gains.

I double checked my findings with somebody else on here using a Asus X570 board and all was fine for them with Above 4g enabled or disabled so its only happening on gigabyte boards. No biggie really when its a boot argument to fix it.
Better is always best wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thinking about it, I haven’t checked to see if it’s still the case using F33a and the latest 5700 XT Drivers.
I will triple check again tomorrow and confirm if its been fixed or still happening before 0.6.6 releases.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 Test concluded and the results are the same.

Above 4g Enabled.....

Above 4g Disabled.....

I have a 144hrz monitor so I'm capping the frame rate on rocket league too 144 frames and as you can see with above 4g enabled its around 100 fps but with Above 4g disabled and npci=0x2000 in the boot arguments im hitting my FPS cap. I can show you more examples but i think that sums it up nicely.

@Gigamaxx Sorry to bother you buddy but Have you ever heard of Above 4g Decoding effecting GPU performance in windows like this on any other motherboards by any chance or is this a unique Gigabyte trick?

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I never doubted you :) I only asked the question.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I never doubted you :) I only asked the question.
I know you didn’t, I wanted to see if it was still the case using F33a and the latest windows drivers. I find it very strange indeed.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.