AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If you have usb-c connected then it should be working right now. Test once your booted.

pancheesy4sheezy

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod, I have everything running and updated...This is truly amazing. USB-C works perfectly and it finally detects it after a long time of being a cosmetic piece....

You are the best dude.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome, Enjoy.
If you download hackintool and take a screenshot of the usb for me with a device connected to the bottom left usb3 port (far left of the ethernet port) and something connected to the usb-c so I can see them both listed in hackintool along with all the other ports I can probbaly work out the map for you.
no rush as I’m on my iPad now..lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod cubase and waves - abbey road tg mastering chain,waves real tune, ovox, etc are working ????

Good questions, I haven’t installed cubase or wavelab yet as I was under the understanding that they don’t work but I’ve not tried for myself and I can’t comment on waves plugins as I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole (I hate waves). FabFilter works A ok though...lol

I will install cubase later and find out.

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
This is my first fully functional Ryzen Hackintosh after many many years of intel builds and when I say fully functional I mean just that.
Everything is working bar SideCar of course as there's no IGPU and I'm using SMBios iMacPro1,1 but as for everything else goes like proper sleep, Wake, All iCloud functions, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc all works beautifully.
I have fully mapped out USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build Spec
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro (Bios Revision - F31o)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: ABWB BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.01 - Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.4

View attachment 2011
ACPI SSDT's
  • SSDT-EC-USBX (Fake EC & USB power tables)
  • SSDT-PLUG (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG (more power management)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (Correct SMBus)
  • SSDT-XHC (USB rename's)

Kexts
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
  • SmallTreeIntel82576
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • USBMap

What Works
Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port
Ethernet PortView attachment 2013
WiFi / Bluetooth
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)
AirDrop
iCloud
Hardware Acceleration
iMessages
Facetime
Sleep & Wake
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
Power Nap
Handoff
Netflix on Safari browser
Continuity
Apple Watch Unlock​
What Doesn't Work
SideCar
Bios Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

ScreenShots & Benchmark Results

View attachment 2014

View attachment 2015

View attachment 2026

View attachment 2017

View attachment 2030

View attachment 2021

View attachment 2019

EFI Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png
Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

If you need help then feel free to get in touch and do let me know how my EFI works for you.
I was able to fully fix my build with your EFI, I only had to change my ACPIs, THANK YOU! I was having an audio issue with other setup.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I was able to fully fix my build with your EFI, I only had to change my ACPIs, THANK YOU! I was having an audio issue with other setup.
Awesome, I’m glad I could help in some way Buddy. Enjoy :)

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod with the previous EFI I was getting AMAZING GeekBench numbers (but broken/stuttering sound):
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 09.09.37.png

This is the other EFI that gets these results, in case you want to check it out:

I will keep investigating, I am testing yours and this one, to see how I can get the best of both.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod with the previous EFI I was getting AMAZING GeekBench numbers (but broken/stuttering sound):
View attachment 2086

This is the other EFI that gets these results, in case you want to check it out:

I will keep investigating, I am testing yours and this one, to see how I can get the best of both.

The other EFI probbaly has Radeon boost in there that boosts GB scores but does absolutely nothing else and I would not touch it with a barge pole.
if you check my Cinibench score it’s spot on and that all that matters bench wise.
dont fall for the RadeonBoost GB score thinking it means something buddy...lol

also my EFI is set up specifically for a Gigabyte X570 Pro.
what’s your system spec and why you trying EFIs for completely different systems and trying to compare?
Whats going on here then?? I’m baffled...lol

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
The other EFI probbaly has Radeon boost in there that boosts GB scores but does absolutely nothing else and I would not touch it with a barge pole.
if you check my Cinibench score it’s spot on and that all that matters bench wise.
dont fall for the RadeonBoost GB score thinking it means something buddy...lol

also my EFI is set up specifically for a Gigabyte X570 Pro.
what’s your system spec and why you trying EFIs for completely different systems and trying to compare?
Whats going on here then?? I’m baffled...lol

That was the first EFI I tried for my first AMD build after many years with Intel, then I found yours that was spot on, so I completely stop using that old one, I was just surprised with the score's difference. so, just curiosity.

I also ran Cinebench (attached) to compare.

Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.1 - Windows 10 Pro
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz
Graphics: Gigabyte RX5700XT
NVMe: 970 EVO 512GB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.07.28.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.07.28.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.07.40.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.07.40.png
    241 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That was the first EFI I tried for my first AMD build after many years with Intel, then I found yours that was spot on, so I completely stop using that old one, I was just surprised with the score's difference.

I also ran Cinebench (attached) to compare.
RadeoanBoost.kext (pointless as hell but will boost your GB Score)
I too am a Intel hacker, look me up on InsanslyMac and your see I’m no noob at his rubbish.. ;)
I like to think I know what im talking about..lol

your Cinibench score is good.
for gpu use LuxMark.
GeekBench should not be used as any form of comparison, it’s useless and untouched by the Youtube system testers and reviewers for a reason,

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
RadeoanBoost.kext (pointless as hell but will boost your GB Score)
I too am a Intel hacker, look me up on InsanslyMac and your see I’m no noob at his rubbish.. ;)
I like to think I know what im talking about..lol

your Cinibench score is good.
for gpu use LuxMark.
GeekBench should not be used as any form of comparison, it’s useless and untouched by the Youtube system testers and reviewers for a reason,
Thank you! Your EFI is perfect, so I will stick with it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you! Your EFI is perfect, so I will stick with it.
If the GB score really bothers you then just add the RadeonBoost.kext to the EFI buddy

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
If the GB score really bothers you then just add the RadeonBoost.kext to the EFI buddy
It's fine, just double checking to make sure everything is running well. I had no idea that the RadeonBoost.kext would make such a big difference.

Does it actually influence Cinebench as well? With your setup I get 24K instead of the 32K from the other EFI, I wonder if there is another difference in Power Management or throttling.
Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 20.44.59.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It's fine, just double checking to make sure everything is running well. I had no idea that the RadeonBoost.kext would make such a big difference.

Does it actually influence Cinebench as well? With your setup I get 24K instead of the 32K from the other EFI, I wonder if there is another difference in Power Management or throttling.
View attachment 2095
I use a 5900x and my cinibench Scores are consistent be it in windows or macos (the score is within margin or error and totally in line with other users)
your high score seems right for the 5950x and your low score is more inline with my 5900x.
there’s nothing in the EFI that would make that happen though that I can think of apart from You could try disabling the AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement and or SMCAMDProcessor.kext and see if that boosts your score as I’ve heard reports before of people saying it dropped there benchmarks.
let me know if makes a difference For you.

Edit - As I don’t know what board or bios your using you should also disable SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml from the ACPI as it could be doing more harm then good to your system.

Edit 2 - one other possibility although unlikely is you might need to use SMbios MacPro7,1 instead or what I’m using (iMacPro1,1).

Edit 3 - Asus and Gigabyte keep updating there bios to a new beta and performance is getting worst with every revision at the moment so if your using the very latest firmware for your board and we’re using a older one when you cinibenched high then that could also be part of it.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Checking online I see the ave 5950x Cinibench score is around 28500 multi and for geekbench is should be around 1700 single and 14000 multi (not using Radeonboost)

Last edited:

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
I use a 5900x and my cinibench Scores are consistent be it in windows or macos (the score is within margin or error and totally in line with other users)
your high score seems right for the 5950x and your low score is more inline with my 5900x.
there’s nothing in the EFI that would make that happen though that I can think of apart from You could try disabling the AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement and or SMCAMDProcessor.kext and see if that boosts your score as I’ve heard reports before of people saying it dropped there benchmarks.
let me know if makes a difference For you.

Edit - As I don’t know what board or bios your using you should also disable SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml from the ACPI as it could be doing more harm then good to your system.

Edit 2 - one other possibility although unlikely is you might need to use SMbios MacPro7,1 instead or what I’m using (iMacPro1,1).

Edit 3 - Asus and Gigabyte keep updating there bios to a new beta and performance is getting worst with every revision at the moment so if your using the very latest firmware for your board and we’re using a older one when you cinibenched high then that could also be part of it.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Checking online I see the ave 5950x Cinibench score is around 28500 multi and for geekbench is should be around 1700 single and 14000 multi (not using Radeonboost)
Thanks, I just tested disabling SMCAMDProcessor.kext, that did not improve, I will try the other suggestions. I am also with a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro.

I don't think the other EFI had RadeonBoost, it was running an older OpenCore, 0.6.1.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz
NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB - 970 EVO Plus
OpenCore

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks, I just tested disabling SMCAMDProcessor.kext, that did not improve, I will try the other suggestions. I am also with a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro.

I don't think the other EFI had RadeonBoost, it was running an older OpenCore, 0.6.1.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz
NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB - 970 EVO Plus
OpenCore
Ok in that case use my results on page one as your marker and if they are close then sorted.
i have noticed a drop in performance going to bios F31q compared to F31o And F30 benched higher then them both but had issues with my ram timings.

VenimK

AMD OS X Member
Hello, used your usb mapping stuff, but still have problems with my Asus BT400 dongle
It works kinda, but troubl connecting my keyboard, mouse, en headphone :(

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
Ok in that case use my results on page one as your marker and if they are close then sorted.
i have noticed a drop in performance going to bios F31q compared to F31o And F30 benched higher then them both but had issues with my ram timings.
@AudioGod I was able to isolate the difference, OC 0.6.4 fixes my audio issues and has lower benchmarks. In OC 0.6.3 I get choppy audio and good benchmarks.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I was able to isolate the difference, OC 0.6.4 fixes my audio issues and has lower benchmarks. In OC 0.6.3 I get choppy audio and good benchmarks.
0.6.3 and earlier are not compatible with the Ryzen 5000 series and this is w(y you get choppy audio yes but I didn’t know if affected performance.
I judge my system performance against Windows bench’s and for me if it all lines up That it does then I don’t question it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.