AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jtxnn678

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Create a backup of your current macOS drive before you run the update/upgrade. Use Carbon Copy Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper to create the clone.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So is it safe to upgrade to Monterey from Big Sur? I got system upgrade notification but still hesitate to upgrade to Monterey, afraid things will broken.
yes I've been on Monterey since release with 0.7.5 and now thanks to Shaneee 0.7.6. You just need a compatible network solution the adapter I recommended or compatible Wi-Fi card.

amdosxuser9

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, could I use the above spec with 3 GPUs?: Radeon RX 6800, Radeon VII & Radeon RX 6900 XT.
Also hoping to connect Monitor via thunderbolt, is that possible?
Many thanks

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I think if all ask Shaneee nicely he might give us some 0.7.7 love. I hope AudioGod is doing well we miss him.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I think if all ask Shaneee nicely he might give us some 0.7.7 love. I hope AudioGod is doing well we miss him.

Ask and you shall receive :D

• Updated to OpenCore 0.7.7
  • AppleALC Updated to 1.6.8
  • Lilu Updated to 1.5.9
  • RestrictEvents Updated to 1.0.6
  • VirtualSMC Updated to 1.2.8
  • Whatevergreen Updated to 1.5.6

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 077 EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 175

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As and you shall receive :D

• Lilu Updated to 1.5.9
Thank you Shaneee.

fozteh

AMD OS X Member
Thanks so much for the EFI, it's been a couple of years since my main PC was a hackintosh and this board helped greatly! I've a few free days this weekend, so figured why not give it a go and see if I can get Monteray installed, and it's installing now! Cheers :)

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For those who might be concerned, 12.2 installed without issue.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just looking for a confirmation - there isn't a patch for onboard 10g aquantia nics yet?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not sure if this is what you need but there is a patch for the Aquantia 10Gbe card.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 00.10.42.png OpenCore Kernel/Kext > Patch

Clover Kext and Kernel patch in text and GUI formats.

Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 00.06.50.png Screenshot 2022-01-31 at 00.12.34.png

Don't know how this would be different from a builtin 10Gbe port, but it may be worth a try.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Your posted Find / Replace code seems different to what I have. Look for my post on Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme in this Success Stories thread for detailed Kernel/Patch description

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
OC 0.7.7 & Monterey 12.2 work fine here!

I did an upgrade from Big Sur. I just had to disable the Intel NIC, and use the Realtek one instead.

However I cannot get the OpenCore GUI working again. I cross-checked every configuration setting with the guide, and everything seems to be OK. Is anybody else also affected by this cosmetic issue?

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
OC 0.7.7 & Monterey 12.2 work fine here!

I did an upgrade from Big Sur. I just had to disable the Intel NIC, and use the Realtek one instead.

[…]

However I cannot get the OpenCore GUI working again. I cross-checked every configuration setting with the guide, and everything seems to be OK. Is anybody else also affected by this cosmetic issue?
I need to revise my comment, as it turned out I’m affected by slow boot issues due to owning a Samsung SSD drive. Just keep that in mind before you upgrade to Monterey. There are already several threads discussing about this issue, see for example https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/extremely-slow-6-7-minute-boot-time-with-monterey-12-0-1.316614/

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
I need to revise my comment, as it turned out I’m affected by slow boot issues due to owning a Samsung SSD drive. Just keep that in mind before you upgrade to Monterey. There are already several threads discussing about this issue, see for example https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/extremely-slow-6-7-minute-boot-time-with-monterey-12-0-1.316614/
I just ordered a Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD which should arrive by tomorrow. I don’t know if I manage to restore from a backup until this weekend, but from all online reports so far the WD_BLACK SN850 is the best SSD you can get for the most optimal macOS compatibility.

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
I just ordered a Western Digital WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe SSD which should arrive by tomorrow. I don’t know if I manage to restore from a backup until this weekend, but from all online reports so far the WD_BLACK SN850 is the best SSD you can get for the most optimal macOS compatibility.
The endeavour was a full success! I cloned the Samsung SSD with CCC and its legacy boot support. Then I manually copied the contents of the old EFI partition on the Samsung SSD to the EFI partition on the new Western Digital SSD. After a short boot check from an external enclosure, I swapped the SSDs, and booted right into macOS. Then I just had to turn on FileVault again.

macOS Monterey 12.2 boots in 17 seconds :love:😍

wheeljack

AMD OS X Member
Ask and you shall receive :D

• Lilu Updated to 1.5.9
Anyone tried OpenCore 0.7.8 ? Any config changes or other gotchas?

Pabo

Donator
Donator
The endeavour was a full success! I cloned the Samsung SSD with CCC and its legacy boot support. Then I manually copied the contents of the old EFI partition on the Samsung SSD to the EFI partition on the new Western Digital SSD. After a short boot check from an external enclosure, I swapped the SSDs, and booted right into macOS. Then I just had to turn on FileVault again.

macOS Monterey 12.2 boots in 17 seconds :love:😍
Hi, I will test X570 Aourus Master and I want to ask you about providing USBmap.Kext or entire EFI? Thanks

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hey why am I the only one to respectfully ask Shaneee for an update each release? Shaneee if you would be so kind it would be greatly appreciated as always.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.