AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@svan71 Please try this. Updated to 0.7.6 along with Lilu and it's plug-ins.

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 076 EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 78

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
I still used agdpmod=ignore on boot-args in order to get HDCP content playback (Apple+ for example), and you need WhateverGreen kext to do this.
I did also have large opencore icons, but after crashing my OC and fixed it again, the size came back to normal.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don't use WEG on my 6800 and AppleTV etc works fine.

@svan71 In the config, UEFI -> Output -> UIScale

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@svan71 Please try this. Updated to 0.7.6 along with Lilu and it's plug-ins.
Shaneee one last question as I know you probably don't want to be bothered with supporting this EFI. On the 0.7.6 which seems to be working just fine there is a missing patch that was on 0.7.4. Should there be any reason for concern?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That patch isn't required and wasn't enabled on the previous config. It's just an example anyway.

Sqreur

AMD OS X Member
Started this week by puzzeling OSX on my AORUS X570 PRO. Did it all by myself and got things booting and working quite nicely! Today I found this forum and post, update my EFI to yours and that would've made it much easier to start with so thanks haha! Still learned alot about opencore and how it works! updated to Montery before I read if my hardware would work but my network card didn't work so reinstalled big sur:( Did someone managed to find a solution? Yes I know Shaneee said to buy a usb card, and that the kexts from Big Sur arent working, maybe someone figured it out? but my usb's are full because of my music production hobby :)

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I have x570 aorus master board and i wonder if i can use your EFI and USB maps. Could you please advise?

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I have x570 aorus master board and i wonder if i can use your EFI and USB maps. Could you please advise?
I have one, no problems whatsoever.

I did alter the USB map slightly.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

mad0r

AMD OS X Member
@pancheesy4sheezy Here you go mate,
I have entered fresh details for you and disabled the usbmap.kext.
give this a try if the steps above confuse you buddy. :)

Replace the config.plist in the EFI with this one and try the installer again.

Soon as you download it il delete the download so nobody else can use the details. :)
What did you actually mod for him? I disabled USBMap.kext too but once I see the apple logo I get the bar starts filling then it reboots.

I did apply the SMBIOS info on my end.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it. I have Aorus X570 Elite-Wifi motherboard. CPU 5900X

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
Guys is there any update in terms of X570 built in LAN network card? Is there still no support for that? :(

I dont want to use USB > RJ45 cards, i have bad feelings about them. Is there any PCI / PCI-E LAN network adapter that is natively supported by Monterey onwards?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

jtxnn678

AMD OS X Member
Hi svan71, I saw that we had similar hardware. May I ask if you can get full Gigabit LAN performance on your Aorus X570 mobo on Big Sur? Because I only get 100Mbit/sec speed on my X570.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Isn't the Aquantia AQC-107 the card or very similar to the card used in the iMac Pro? Surely the ethernet controller from the iMac Pro is supported in MacOS Monterey.

Are you using Mieze's Catalina or Big Sur Aquantia Kext patch in your OC config.plist? Looks like this in OpenCore config.plist:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.42.47.png

Plist attached with just the Aquantia patch contained, which can be copied and pasted in to your own config.plist.

Attachments

• Aquantia-10Gbe-patch.plist.zip
    903 bytes · Views: 7
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is Mieze's revised Aquantia patch for Monterey:

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 14.51.10.png

Patch attached below.

Attachments

• Aquantia-10Gbe-patch-Monterey.plist.zip
    946 bytes · Views: 10

misterrm

AMD OS X Member
Okay, thank you very much. I'll order aquantia card and will let you know. Just wanted to make extra sure as i am veeery unlucky with gathering parts for hackintosh builds.. :(

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Guys is there any update in terms of X570 built in LAN network card? Is there still no support for that? :(

I dont want to use USB > RJ45 cards, i have bad feelings about them. Is there any PCI / PCI-E LAN network adapter that is natively supported by Monterey onwards?
This works perfectly, still no stable fix for onboard. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082K62S48?psc=1

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi svan71, I saw that we had similar hardware. May I ask if you can get full Gigabit LAN performance on your Aorus X570 mobo on Big Sur? Because I only get 100Mbit/sec speed on my X570.
It's been awhile, but I don't recall any issues with speed when I was on Big Sur. I switched to this for Monterey and it works perfectly, no kext needed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082K62S48?psc=1

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.