AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jyotirmay

AMD OS X Member
An ok then yes redo your mapping. The one In this EFI was done on a X570 Pro and then verified as exactly the same map for a X570 Ultra. The X570 Master Mapping is slightly different but I would of thought the map I’m using is a 99% match as Gigabyte are lazy like that….lol
If your not using any map then try my one but failing that make a new one.
Just tried yours ....!!! but unfortunately I have to do it myself (sed laif) 🥲🥲

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
The EFI like the heading of post states is for Big Sur and Monterey. Make sure you use all the latest versions of any kexts you are adding and use agdpmod=ignore not pikera. These boot arguments are WEG related not OpenCore and will always be needed with WEG and a Navi, big Navi GPU. What you can actually do is disable WhateverGreen and remove any WEG related arguments and use your BigNavi totally natively, Your find it works better that way.

And most importantly, DON’T TRY AND CARRY ACROSS YOUR OLD CONFIG.PLIST. USE THE SUPPLIED ONE AND EDIT TO HOW YOU NEED IT.
Okay-- I got it working again except Intel Bluetooth Drivers... Now only Bluetooth Firmware and Injector causing Kernel Panic. Will try not adding ExecutePath and try again...

EDIT: Nope no matter what I do, as soon as I enable IntelBluetoothFirmware and IntelBluetoothInjector, the kernel crashes and doesn't boot at all. Currently rocking Hackintosh without bluetooth... uwu

EDIT2: Removing WEG brings back green screen on appletv+ content. Will re-enable WEG with agdpmod=ignore for now...

EDIT3: GOT IT WORKING!!! - Somebody please provide me how and esp. WHEN you populate "Arch" param or not... Anyone know how to fix AirDrop? iMessage is still working tho.

Last edited:

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
No issues upgrading to Monterey 12.0.1 (release candidate).

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Is it possible to just upgrade from Big Sur then, given that it has OC 0.7.4 already installed and ready (and do some changes in some kexts)?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Is it possible to just upgrade from Big Sur then, given that it has OC 0.7.4 already installed and ready (and do some changes in some kexts)?
Yep it’s a straight update. The EFI is ready to roll with either Big Sur or Monterey.
The only thing is you will loose the SmallTree kext so the 1gb ethernet port will stop working but just use the 2.5gb port instead.

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
Just updated to macOS Monterey RC 2. No issues.

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I am new to this forum and in the process of hunting down a 5700xt to pair with my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI x570 board and 3900x. I have not delve into configs enough to know if there is a difference as far as you EFI for gigabyte and mine. I would assume since its an x570 chipset it should be the same, this is my daily driver. Any help/advice would be awesome.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I am new to this forum and in the process of hunting down a 5700xt to pair with my Asus Crosshair VIII Hero WIFI x570 board and 3900x. I have not delve into configs enough to know if there is a difference as far as you EFI for gigabyte and mine. I would assume since its an x570 chipset it should be the same, this is my daily driver. Any help/advice would be awesome.
If you use the EFI from my ASUS X570-E thread your be 95% of the way there. The only thing that’s different is the USB mapping and. i actually have the correct USBMap.kext for your motherboard. Just ask me when you want to get it up and running and il send it your way. 👍

marinekev88

AMD OS X Member
If you use the EFI from my ASUS X570-E thread your be 95% of the way there. The only thing that’s different is the USB mapping and. i actually have the correct USBMap.kext for your motherboard. Just ask me when you want to get it up and running and il send it your way. 👍

Im putting together the USB now actually, that would help me out a ton!!!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I’ll wait till you get back on your feet bud before I do Monterey. I’ve tried three times updating with the release and after the first reboot I’m just stuck on an apple. Waited a half hour nothing happened.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is now fully working in Monterey 12.0 as of Beta 8.

Hey AudioGod! Just a simple question. Is SmallTreeIntel82576.kext working with 12.0 release? I have my EFI all set and ready to take the plunge but kind of need my ethernet working.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey AudioGod! Just a simple question. Is SmallTreeIntel82576.kext working with 12.0 release? I have my EFI all set and ready to take the plunge but kind of need my ethernet working.
No smalltree is dead again. a replacment is being worked on but nothing stable yet. AppleGB.kext kinda works but sleep breaks it.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’ll wait till you get back on your feet bud before I do Monterey. I’ve tried three times updating with the release and after the first reboot I’m just stuck on an apple. Waited a half hour nothing happened.
That’s odd buddy, it should just work. As you can see on the thread there are other users using Monterey.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That’s odd buddy, it should just work. As you can see on the thread there are other users using Monterey.
cant understand it, I thought I got a bad download so I downloaded again same problem. After the first reboot during install I'm greeted by 2 Macintosh HD drives one gives me a stuck logo the second gives me a 10 minute wait that brings be right back to Big Sur.

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Welp— black screen for me… pikera or ignore both dont work

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It couldnt be bios F35d could it ?

mr_1r0ny

AMD OS X Member
Just to let other ppl know - I updated easily from 11.6 to 12.0 with the latest EFI. Just added LucyRTL to get 2.5G Ethernet working and so far so good :) Thanks guys!

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just to let other ppl know - I updated easily from 11.6 to 12.0 with the latest EFI. Just added LucyRTL to get 2.5G Ethernet working and so far so good :) Thanks guys!
My board Auros Pro has no 2.5G

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.