AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Might be a little more complicated. The Type-C is marked as USB 3.2, could be one of the X570S that come with a 4th USB Controller to provide USB 3.2 gen 2x2 with 20 Gbit/s.
The front USB-C port on the X570-E is 3.2 gen 2 but not 2x2 obviously but that works fine so maybe it will work but just run at gen 2 speeds instead. Be intreating to find out either way.

storminCdn

AMD OS X Member
macOS Monterey Beta 7 Working with AudioGod's current EFI!

The process is a little more involved than the Beta 6 upgrade but the following steps worked for me (as outlined by @AudioGod in an alternate thread):

1. Copy your current EFI folder to a USB drive.
2. Open the config file in your current EFI folder (boot drive) and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to j160.
3. Open the config file in the EFI folder on the USB drive you just copied and change PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName to iMac17,1.
4. (Re)boot off your current EFI folder. The update should now show up. Click Update Now.
5. While the update is downloading, open the config file in your current EFI folder and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel back to Default (or Disabled).
6. Here's the tricky part. After the first reboot, override the default BIOS EFI option and boot off of the USB drive. Make sure the system selects the Macintosh HD volume.
7. After the second reboot, once again select your default BIOS EFI boot option. The system should select your Monterey volume and continue the install.
8. Bob's your uncle.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
macOS Monterey Beta 7 Working with AudioGod's current EFI!

The process is a little more involved than the Beta 6 upgrade but the following steps worked for me (as outlined by @AudioGod in an alternate thread):

1. Copy your current EFI folder to a USB drive.
2. Open the config file in your current EFI folder (boot drive) and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to j160.
3. Open the config file in the EFI folder on the USB drive you just copied and change PlatformInfo > Generic > SystemProductName to iMac17,1.
4. (Re)boot off your current EFI folder. The update should now show up. Click Update Now.
5. While the update is downloading, open the config file in your current EFI folder and change Misc > Security > SecureBootModel back to Default (or Disabled).
6. Here's the tricky part. After the first reboot, override the default BIOS EFI option and boot off of the USB drive. Make sure the system selects the Macintosh HD volume.
7. After the second reboot, once again select your default BIOS EFI boot option. The system should select your Monterey volume and continue the install.
8. Bob's your uncle.
Your method works but is very flawed as you shouldn’t boot into MacOS with the smbios changed to 17,1. This is a very bad idea and will reek havoc with your iCloud account and put traces the 17,1 smbios into your install that you will need to clean out again after you are done or risk breaking stuff like your Apple Watch unlock etc etc.
Instead you should do it the way I have outlined how to do it via here….

Post in thread 'macOS Monterey Patches Released'
https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/macos-monterey-patches-released.1892/post-13311

Note - that having to switch smbios nonsense to update is now fixed via the latest commit of OpenCore 0.7.4 but the SBM still needs to be set to j160 to see the update 👍

locxu

AMD OS X Member
Anyone tried to use Thunderbolt add-in card with Aorus Master? I used @AudioGod EFI with Gigabyte Titan Ridge card, even though the card doesn’t show up in pcie list or Thunderbolt/USB 4, but it works, detect both usb c and thunderbolt devices. The only problem is it doesn’t support hot plugged for Thunderbolt devices, I have to plug them to my hackintosh before boot up. Anyone have solution? Thanks.

mr_1r0ny

AMD OS X Member
Howdy, is that possible to update to update stable Big Sur to Monterey with OC 0.7.3 or is it still not supported yet? If so what are the necessary steps. Thanks :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Howdy, is that possible to update to update stable Big Sur to Monterey with OC 0.7.3 or is it still not supported yet? If so what are the necessary steps. Thanks :)
You can yes but it’s a bit of a process.
you need to put the EFI on a USB installer as well as on your main drive and then go into the USB installer and change the secure boot model to j160, Save and restart (booting back up via the EFI on the USB installer).
This will allow the update to show up, then while it’s downloading go back into the usb installers EFI and change the secure boot model to x86legacy or Default or Disabled and then goto platforminfo -> Generic and change the SystemProductName to iMac17,1, Save the Config and let the install do it’s thing. The system will restart and continue and then when it restarts again you have to switch the EFI back to the EFI on your main drive that hasn’t been altered and let the update complete.
if you do any of the above steps wrong the install will fail.
Alternatively you can update OpenCore to V0.7.4 and that will take away the need to have to change the SystemProductName temporarily but you will need to change the Secure Boot Model to j160 to see the update.
If you make a USB installer of Beta 7 then you won’t need to change the secure boot model and can leave it on x86legacy or Default or Disabled.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod @Shaneee
Hi guys, how are you doing?
I have a question regarding the Intel GBE I211 on my X570 Aorus Elite Rig. I'm using SmallTreeIntel82576 2.kext v1.0 and I also tested all the other kexts in the Intel I211-AT Alternative to SmallTree thread but the results was the same.

The issue is that I can't monitor the transfer speed (specially download speed) with Activity Monitor and iStatMenu it only shows 0 KB/s.
I'm using Big Sur 11.6 and I wanted to see if you have the same issue or it's just me?

Thanks in advance

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod @Shaneee
Hi guys, how are you doing?
I have a question regarding the Intel GBE I211 on my X570 Aorus Elite Rig. I'm using SmallTreeIntel82576 2.kext v1.0 and I also tested all the other kexts in the Intel I211-AT Alternative to SmallTree thread but the results was the same.

The issue is that I can't monitor the transfer speed (specially download speed) with Activity Monitor and iStatMenu it only shows 0 KB/s.
I'm using Big Sur 11.6 and I wanted to see if you have the same issue or it's just me?

Thanks in advance
I will check for you when I get home bud

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Strange that. Upload is reported but not download.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Cyberdevs Same result here, Upload Yes, Download No. that’s using smalltree 1.3.0 on Monterey B7. Very strange

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod
Thanks for the quick test bud and yes this is very strange, when I change the Service Order of the network devices and put WiFi as first device everything works just fine but when Ethernet is set to first it doesn't show any transfer status, and even worse when Ethernet is set as first device i can access some sites specially AMD-OSX.com :ROFLMAO:

locxu

AMD OS X Member
Hi @AudioGod,

I used your EFI with X570 Aorus Master, 5950X, 6800 XT, so far everything good, just 2 problems: there’s no pci devices shown in PCI devices list, and the more important is, I can not connect over 3 usb devices, if connect 4th device or more, there’s always error “USB Accessories need power”. Do you have any idea why it happens? Thanks.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi @AudioGod,

I used your EFI with X570 Aorus Master, 5950X, 6800 XT, so far everything good, just 2 problems: there’s no pci devices shown in PCI devices list, and the more important is, I can not connect over 3 usb devices, if connect 4th device or more, there’s always error “USB Accessories need power”. Do you have any idea why it happens? Thanks.
The PCI devices list is not meant to be populated on a hackintosh but you can populate it yourself if you really want to. The thing is that it’s purely cosmetic and you gain nothing from it and it also can have a negative effect on performance so I highly advise against it.
For your USB problems that I’ve never come across before you could try remapping usb and see if it helps.
use USBToolBox to do it and if you do the mapping via windows it’s all very easy and automatic.
instructions can be found on the GitHub.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta 8 Ready), 4th October 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.6,
  • AppleALC 1.6.5,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.4,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.7,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.5,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0,
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7,
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.4 (Monterey Beta 8 Ready),
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 3 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is now fully working in Monterey 12.0 as of Beta 8.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CPU FOR YOUR SYSTEM
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the three algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing B8000000 0000/BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to B8 <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X Replace value would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.4 - 04/10/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 074 EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 108

deutsaz

AMD OS X Member
Hello AudioGod. I maybe a little late to party but I have a working SMBIOS using iMacPro1,1. Could someone explain why or what advantages there are to switch to MacPro7,1 please.
Thanks

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello AudioGod. I maybe a little late to party but I have a working SMBIOS using iMacPro1,1. Could someone explain why or what advantages there are to switch to MacPro7,1 please.
Thanks
Not a lot TBH lol
its a newer SMBIOS and better for Navi/Big Navi GPUs but it was changed from 1,1 to 7,1 mainly by request from the masses.

deutsaz

AMD OS X Member
Not a lot TBH lol
its a newer SMBIOS and better for Navi/Big Navi GPUs but it was changed from 1,1 to 7,1 mainly by request from the masses.
ok - thanks. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB so maybe it is worth it? Although I always worry that changing stuff like that can cause things to go wrong...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
ok - thanks. I have a Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB so maybe it is worth it? Although I always worry that changing stuff like that can cause things to go wrong...
It definitely won’t hurt to change over just remember to sign out of the icloud before you do and generate new SMBIOS details for yourself for 7,1.

locxu

AMD OS X Member
The PCI devices list is not meant to be populated on a hackintosh but you can populate it yourself if you really want to. The thing is that it’s purely cosmetic and you gain nothing from it and it also can have a negative effect on performance so I highly advise against it.
For your USB problems that I’ve never come across before you could try remapping usb and see if it helps.
use USBToolBox to do it and if you do the mapping via windows it’s all very easy and automatic.
instructions can be found on the GitHub.
Hi, I tried to remap usb by USBToolBox on Windows, but hackintosh can not boot into home screen with new USBMap.kext. Do I need to change port name or something? I checked your USBMap.kext, there's a lot different with the kext create with USBToolBox, such as keys value. For example, in your kext, the key is "MacPro7,1-XHC0" but in my build kext, it's "10:0:0".

jyotirmay

AMD OS X Member
Hey, I have my previous efi working fine, but updating it for new updates is very annoying for me, so i tried your efi, but it isn't picking up my macOs installed drive to boot, it shows a '1. NO NAME' drive only. I am using ryzen 9 3900x with X570 Aorus Master.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.