AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
Oh crap sorry I just remembered, You can’t disable it on Gigabyte boards as there is no option to do so in the bios.

MacOS doesn’t like seeing more then one Bluetooth controller so that’s where the conflict comes from.
Have you tried using the Intel WLAN instead of the T919?
The OpenWireless drivers have come along way since they were first made and work pretty well now with the exception of AirDrop.
If you are curious to try them out then use these kexts with Big Sur.
Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...e/releases/download/v2.0.0/IntelBluetooth.zip
WiFi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles....0/AirportItlwm_v2.0.0_stable_BigSur.kext.zip
lol np.

Seems you pointed out this in https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...terey-beta-opencore-0-7-2-efi.1344/post-11410 before.

This is another direction of mine (using the onboard Intel WLAN and bluetooth instead of the T919), I haven't tried before.

(Someone said using this driver makes everything work including AirDrop as well. Let me try now, see what happens and update here)

Seems if the onboard one works perfectly including AirDrop as well with stability, using the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth is quite a decent solution.

BTW, could help point out how to create a SSDT to block Wlan or the Bluetooth? Just if using onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth is not perfect, don't wanna trouble you again lol.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
lol np.

Seems you pointed out this in https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php...terey-beta-opencore-0-7-2-efi.1344/post-11410 before.

This is another direction of mine (using the Intel WLAN instead of the T919), I haven't tried before.

(Someone said using this driver makes everything work including AirDrop as well. Let me try now, see what happens and update here)

Seems if the onboard one works perfectly including AirDrop as well with stability, using the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth is quite a decent solution.

BTW, could help point out how to create a SSDT to block Wlan or the Bluetooth? Just if using onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth is not perfect, don't wanna trouble you again lol.
you have to block the bluetooths path that you extract from your IO Reg and create a SSDT to do it with. I might actually have one from my old Z390 Master EFI somewhere that you could easily correct. Il have to have a hunt around and see if I can find it.
another thing you can do thinking about it is remove the USB map for the internal Bluetooth and this should have the same effect. I say should because things don’t always work out the way you think they will…lol

and awesome that airdrop now works on the internal Wlan, That must be a recent addition.
Stick with it and see how it goes.

Last edited:

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
you have to block the bluetooths path that you extract from your IO Reg and create a SSDT to do it with. I might actually have one from my old Z390 Master EFI somewhere that you could easily correct. Il have to have a hunt around and see if I can find it.
another thing you can do thinking about it is remove the USB map for the internal Bluetooth and this should have the same effect. I say should because things don’t always work out the way you think they will…lol

and awesome that airdrop now works on the internal Wlan, That must be a recent addition.
Stick with it and see how it goes.

Just tried https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases- v2.0.0 stable, AirDrop doesn't work actually. Double-check with https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases, seems no any recent update mentioning the fix of AirDrop.

Although the other functionalities look ok.

Then my next maybe
1. harewarely dismantle onboard bluetooths/WIFI, thanks! @Shaneee
2. Or create a SSDT to block onboard WIFI/bluetooths

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
Just tried https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases- v2.0.0 stable, AirDrop doesn't work actually. Double-check with https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases, seems no any recent update mentioning the fix of AirDrop.

Although the other functionalities look ok.

Then my next maybe
1. harewarely dismantle onboard bluetooths/WIFI, thanks! @Shaneee
2. Or create a SSDT to block onboard WIFI/bluetooths

BTW, FYI in case u guys haven't realised such a way to harewarely dismantle onboard bluetooths/WIFI.

Remove these screws and would be able to dismantle onboard bluetooths/WIFI
1628483767947.png1628484181231.png

But new issue comes: after dismantle it, and install my T919 back again, both WIFI and Bluetooth work, but Bluetooth issue: able to connect to MacBook pro via Bluetooth, but not able to find my speaker and wireless keyboard.

I don't think it is my speaker and wireless keyboard's issue, as my MacBook pro is able to find that, and previously when there is no conflict both T919 and onboard Bluetooth connect, Bluetooth work perfectly (airdrop everything...).

I checked dmesg and /var/log/system.log, seems no panic or any abnormal.

May I know does anyone have any idea? Or anyone hardwarely dismantles the onboard one and then everything works perfectly?

I assume after dismantle it and install T919, I don't need to modify any config. CMIIW @AudioGod

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@6R23MeCe If you search the amount of people having problems with a T919 on here alone you will notice that it’s a big number and even bigger if you search the web as a whole.
Like I said before I don’t like the T919 and don’t recommend them at all.

No changes are needed when you pull out the onboard WLAN. When it’s gone it’s gone.

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
@6R23MeCe If you search the amount of people having problems with a T919 on here alone you will notice that it’s a big number and even bigger if you search the web as a whole.
Like I said before I don’t like the T919 and don’t recommend them at all.

No changes are needed when you pull out the onboard WLAN. When it’s gone it’s gone.
I would confirm T919 is rubbish with evidence: on Windows, behave super-bad Bluetooth signal and even cannot find our headphone and speaker's signal. Even update to the latest official driver, still the same.

Which means that bad Bluetooth signal is not due to any wrong setting on macOS, instead just rubbish hardware.

Either get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a pcie adapter or even better replace the onboard Intel wireless with a BCM94360NG and call it a day. Both cards will give you full native WiFi and Bluetooth with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working.
from @AudioGod

Then, I am looking forward to a new gear. Can I say you would recommend BCM94360NG more than BCM94360CS2?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

I would confirm T919 is rubbish with evidence: on Windows, behave super-bad Bluetooth signal and even cannot find our headphone and speaker's signal. Even update to the latest official driver, still the same.

Which means that bad Bluetooth signal is not due to any wrong setting on macOS, instead just rubbish hardware.

from @AudioGod

Then, I am looking forward to a new gear. Can I say you would recommend BCM94360NG more than BCM94360CS2?
As you already have internal WLAN the best thing you can do is replace it with the BCM94360NG. This is by far the best resolve to WLAN IMO.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
11.5.2, As always it's safe to update.
Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 18.45.53.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Monterey Beta 5
Screenshot 2021-08-11 at 22.02.17.png

The new patches are working great. :)

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i would like to know, if there any benefit to Ryzentosh for softwares compatibilties in Monterey

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hi all!

I have installed the Beta version of Monterey but I have had problems with the ethernet. The SmallTreeIntel82576 kext still doesn't work for the Monterey version. I had to go back to BigSur version 11.5.2. Luckily I made a TimeMachine copy of all the data.

The SmallTreeIntel82576 kext does not work .. Is there an alternative?

Have a nice day!

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Aledky91 You shouldn’t use Monterey as a main install and daily driver, This is a very bad move as OpenCore, Certain Kexts and the OS itself are not ready for general use other then testing yet and no support is given by anybody for 12.0.
The notes on here also clearly state the SmallTree kext does not work under Monterey.

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
Heya AudioGod..

I've been getting everything setup to install MacOs BigSur 11.5.1 with an Aorus Pro Wifi and everything is almost ready to pull the trigger. Just a couple of questions:

1) running macOS Catalina, using your latest version for OpenCore .72, Audio over HDMI is distorting. I verified and made sure that I did make the 2 recommended changes for catalina to run.

2) I have a PCIe express based HDMI Capture Card from Black Magic. I've noticed there is a configuration that can be set in DeviceProperties -> Add -> PCI Address
I have the PCIe address: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).
But lack the knowledge of what needs to be configure in the accompanying dictionary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Heya AudioGod..

I've been getting everything setup to install MacOs BigSur 11.5.1 with an Aorus Pro Wifi and everything is almost ready to pull the trigger. Just a couple of questions:

1) running macOS Catalina, using your latest version for OpenCore .72, Audio over HDMI is distorting. I verified and made sure that I did make the 2 recommended changes for catalina to run.

2) I have a PCIe express based HDMI Capture Card from Black Magic. I've noticed there is a configuration that can be set in DeviceProperties -> Add -> PCI Address
I have the PCIe address: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0).
But lack the knowledge of what needs to be configure in the accompanying dictionary.

Any thoughts?

Thanks much
For the crackling HDMI try changing the Fix PAT patch.
go into the Config.plist and under Kernel->Patch scroll down to the last patch and set it to no and then set the patch directly above it to yes, save and restart.
Also did you set the correct core count for your cpu in the patches?

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
For the crackling HDMI try changing the Fix PAT patch.
go into the Config.plist and under Kernel->Patch scroll down to the last patch and set it to no and then set the patch directly above it to yes, save and restart.
Also did you set the correct core count for your cpu in the patches?
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try in the morning. I'm running with an 3900x so our core counts are already aligned.

VenimK

AMD OS X Member

Update took some time, but worked flawlessly

Pabo

Donator
Donator
@AudioGod
Well done, it works on the X570 Aorus Master !

naresh

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod, your too good for helping in this community and I'm also new in this community.
I want to Build my hackintosh and my configuration are:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
32.0GB Dual-Channel (3200)
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (8GB)
Nvme m.2 ssd Samsung SSD 980 1TB
So, can I use your EFI folder with above configuration to build my hackintosh?
and what to do and what not to do, so please help me on that. Thanks

Waiting for your reply.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod, your too good for helping in this community and I'm also new in this community.
I want to Build my hackintosh and my configuration are:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI
32.0GB Dual-Channel (3200)
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT (8GB)
Nvme m.2 ssd Samsung SSD 980 1TB
So, can I use your EFI folder with above configuration to build my hackintosh?
and what to do and what not to do, so please help me on that. Thanks

Waiting for your reply.
Hiya,
Yep you can use my EFI with your setup the only thing you need to do different is disable the USBMap.kext as the one I’m using is not correct for your motherboard. Other then that it should work like a charm.
You can also find a few other EFIs in success stories using your exact motherboard.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.