AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@svan71 This is a simple one. Just replace the OpenCore binary, Drivers and update kexts. No config changes.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I'm now on Aourus Master and I have a problem with sleep after sleep wakes up immediately again. I use @Shaneee EFI 0777 without change (thanks) BIOS F35, otherwise everything I have in the description. I also have BCM94360CS2 Wifi Wlan Card to Desktop PCIe Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter For Hackintosh macOS. PC will immediately wake up after sleeping. Can anyone help me find the problem? Thank you

EDIT: If I drive off USB BCM94360CS2 Wifi Wlan Card to Desktop PCIe Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter Works all OK. Therefore, the mistake is about in USBports. Does anyone USBports.kext for Aorus Master?

Last edited:

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I will test X570 Aourus Master and I want to ask you about providing USBmap.Kext or entire EFI? Thanks
Glad that OpenCore works! I basically took the 0.7.7 posted here, and added a couple of changes required on my machine.

Regarding the USB mapping I would suggest that you do it once on your device, as the process is straightforward, and your configuration is probably slightly different.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Ok. Thx

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi, i have an USB powered audio interface, the only trick i found it's to unplug it before the shut down, or shut down it after the restart in the buton at the bottom the opencore menu. I have try many tricks, but none of them with succes. I saw a thread in the forum about to fix the shut down, a big long conversation ending with no solution.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi, i have an USB powered audio interface, the only trick i found it's to unplug it before the shut down, or shut down it after the restart in the buton at the bottom the opencore menu. I have try many tricks, but none of them with succes. I saw a thread in the forum about to fix the shut down, a big long conversation ending with no solution.
Hi, thank you for the info. I don't know if I have a well mapped USB. I can ask you about sending your EFI ? We have almost the same device. Thanks

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
As you have a different device for your BT and Wifi, you better go to Hackintool, is easy to map your USB with it.
there's an another solution with dsdt, but too complicated for me.
As i mentionned above that's will change nothing for the shut down; you have ERP in the bios to enable or disable to see if the shutdown is operating well

vinaynair0906

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.8 with MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 on Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi

I though I'd post my latest EFI for people using the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi motherboard.

I was on MacOS Big Sur with the OpenCore version 0.7.0 for a very long time and decided to update both the OC and the MacOS. I first updated OC and config.plist following the official guides and made sure the existing install of BigSur was working fine. Then I went ahead and upgraded to the latest Monterey 12.2.1

Had a few hiccups with the upgrade process as it restarted a couple of times, but eventually the upgrade went through fine.

What doesn't work:
1. The onboard Intel l211 Ethernet does not work. As it is known now, the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext supporting this controller doesn't work on Monterey. So, I went ahead and bought a PCIe 2.5 Gigabit Realtek 8125 based card (Asus PCE-C2500 2.5GBase-T PCIe). This works great with the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext. (Please disable it in config.plist if you are not using this card)
2. Onboard Bluetooth does not work. The resources say you can expect it to work with BluetoolFix include, but I haven't had success yet.

Other than this, everything else is working fine.

Build Specs:
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro Wifi (Bios Revision - F35)
  • Graphics: Asus TUF Gaming RX 6800 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic XL
  • NVMe: Western Digital WD SN850 1TB PCIe Gen 4
  • Installed Operating Systems: MacOS Monterey | Windows 11 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.8

Screenshot 2022-02-27 at 7.45.58 PM.png

Note:
  • I've used the kexts SMCAMDProcessor & AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement for power management and monitoring. If using monitoring, please also download the companion app - https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor
  • The CPU core hex values need to updated in Kernel - Patches of the config.plist to match your AMD CPU config (Refer README here - https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla)
  • Please use this EFI at your own risk. Make a backup of your existing MacOS install/data before you do any sort of upgrades.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32 MB · Views: 108

DarkSilentSC

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone ran into issue where you shutdown the hackintosh, and then boots up all on its own to the opencore boot menu? This is happening to me many times, where it suddenly powers on its own after few hours I left after shutting it down. Dorthania's suggestion of using fix shutdown SSDT doesn't work with AMD builds since it does not show PMEE parameter in DSDT at all. I just want to know this before I actually take the effort on building custom USBMap.kext

Edit-- Working on building USBMap for my motherboard... I got the mapping figure out but it won't let me boot. oof. I'll keep trying.

Edit2– Remapped and disabled wake up on lan seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:

igerry

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.8 with MacOS Monterey 12.2.1 on Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi

I though I'd post my latest EFI for people using the Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi motherboard.

I was on MacOS Big Sur with the OpenCore version 0.7.0 for a very long time and decided to update both the OC and the MacOS. I first updated OC and config.plist following the official guides and made sure the existing install of BigSur was working fine. Then I went ahead and upgraded to the latest Monterey 12.2.1

Had a few hiccups with the upgrade process as it restarted a couple of times, but eventually the upgrade went through fine.

What doesn't work:
1. The onboard Intel l211 Ethernet does not work. As it is known now, the SmallTreeIntel82576.kext supporting this controller doesn't work on Monterey. So, I went ahead and bought a PCIe 2.5 Gigabit Realtek 8125 based card (Asus PCE-C2500 2.5GBase-T PCIe). This works great with the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext. (Please disable it in config.plist if you are not using this card)
2. Onboard Bluetooth does not work. The resources say you can expect it to work with BluetoolFix include, but I haven't had success yet.

Other than this, everything else is working fine.

Build Specs:
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro Wifi (Bios Revision - F35)
  • Graphics: Asus TUF Gaming RX 6800 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic XL
  • NVMe: Western Digital WD SN850 1TB PCIe Gen 4
  • Installed Operating Systems: MacOS Monterey | Windows 11 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.8

View attachment 5289

Note:
  • I've used the kexts SMCAMDProcessor & AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement for power management and monitoring. If using monitoring, please also download the companion app - https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor
  • The CPU core hex values need to updated in Kernel - Patches of the config.plist to match your AMD CPU config (Refer README here - https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla)
  • Please use this EFI at your own risk. Make a backup of your existing MacOS install/data before you do any sort of upgrades.
Works great, tried your EFI on my Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro WiFi using OpenCore 0.7.8 with MacOS Monterey 12.2.1.
Great thanks for sharing, I would suggest to create a seperate post under the success stories so more guys will benefit from there.

Last edited:

jimborae

AMD OS X Member
So I'm having a wierd issue on my Aorus X570 Pro. On my current hackintosh Big Sur install I've updated to OC 0.7.9 and all is fine, however I tried installing a fresh in copy of Big Sur on a new WD SN850 Nvme SDD and it keeps going into a reboot loop after OC tries to load from boot after going through the initial install process. Once it reboots it loads OC boots from the Install hard drive & then reboots & enters a boot loop. I'm using a copy of the known working EFI from the old nvme SSD on the install USB so it should be absolutely fine and I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

Bios settings unchanged although I've tried updating the bios to 35 from 32, tried a different nvme drive (Sabrent Rocket 4.0), tried making another install USB with both Big Sur & then Monterey and get the same result. Put the old nmve drive back in (Samsung EVO 960) and it boots fine.

Anyone got a Scooby Doo????

Cheers

J

jimborae

AMD OS X Member

jimborae

AMD OS X Member

juliantoledo

AMD OS X Member
For me the solution to get 12.3 working was adding the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
I also used the path to make the RX 5700 XT become W5700X and improve graphics performance:

droodmeer

AMD OS X Member
For me the solution to get 12.3 working was adding the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext
I also used the path to make the RX 5700 XT become W5700X and improve graphics performance:
Hi There,

would you share your EFI Folder, for me to add the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext was not solving the boot issue.

Klaus-Jürgen Schade

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I have the same problem as droodmeer. For me to add the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext was not solving the boot issue. -> Please share your EFI Folder
Thanks

jericanex

AMD OS X Member
I put a link to AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext. At your own risk !
jericanex

Attachments

• AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.zip
    3 KB · Views: 29

Nextdoorboy

AMD OS X Member
Another one with X570 Master and having sleep-shutdown issue, cant figure out why, i have fully mapped usb, ssdt for tb3, cant figure out what is the problem

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext solved my boot issue on 0.7.9. and 12.3.1

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Another one with X570 Master and having sleep-shutdown issue, cant figure out why, i have fully mapped usb, ssdt for tb3, cant figure out what is the problem

sleep hasn't worked for me for sometime, shutdown has not been an issue though.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.