AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ufotom

AMD OS X Member
@ufotom If you are using SMBIOS MacPro7,1 then try this EFI (Just add your details to the Config.lPlist) and if you’re not using a X570 Pro or Ultra then disable the USBMap.kext

If you’re using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 then use the one on page one of this thread

also change
Kernel -> Quirks -> CustomSMBIOSGuid -> No
PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create
So you get SMBIOS injection across all other OS 👍

Thanks for the feedback.

As far as my hardware: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Wifi x570 rev 1.0 / 3900x / 128GB Ram / 5700XT / NVME1 - Macos 10.15.7 / NVME2 - Windows 10.

The only thing I've added to my config, that's different from yours, was the Intel Bluetooth driver you mentioned in the 1st post.

I was running OpenCore 0.6.4 and made the jump to 0.6.9 with your shared EFI since it's targeted towards my hardware platform ( It's a relief to have discovered it ). I've been wanting to update OpenCore so I could install MacOS BigSur and now I'm finally unblocked.

Changing EFI to: PlatformInfo -> UpdateSMBIOSMode -> Create
Results in hardware not initializing. Leaving it as a value of "", the hardware somehow initializes.

I need to start looking at what else is different between my legacy 0.6.4 and your 0.6.9. Sometimes if it appears too easy... it may not be.. lol

Last edited:

tj4736117

AMD OS X Member
I'm getting kind of weird issue. I've been trying to upgrade my boot loader to OC from Clover and when I boot this EFI off of a USB (and I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen if I put it on the NVME EFI) it won't detect the installed copy of big sur. I tried changing the scan settings but otherwise I'm using the vanilla EFI from the top of this thread. HW is a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro, XT5700, Ryzen 9 3900X, w/a Sabrent NVME. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I'm getting kind of weird issue. I've been trying to upgrade my boot loader to OC from Clover and when I boot this EFI off of a USB (and I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen if I put it on the NVME EFI) it won't detect the installed copy of big sur. I tried changing the scan settings but otherwise I'm using the vanilla EFI from the top of this thread. HW is a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro, XT5700, Ryzen 9 3900X, w/a Sabrent NVME. Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated
Can you see your USB macos installer with the EFI?
When you installed originally did you do it on clover And did you do it with CSM enabled in the bios and do a legacy instal by mistake?
Are you using the bios settings laid out on page one of this thread?

With your system spec the EFI should work out of the box for you with no changes other then your smbios details needed.
At the bootpicker press space and then reset your nvram.

tj4736117

AMD OS X Member
Can you see your USB macos installer with the EFI?
When you installed originally did you do it on clover And did you do it with CSM enabled in the bios and do a legacy instal by mistake?
Are you using the bios settings laid out on page one of this thread?

With your system spec the EFI should work out of the box for you with no changes other then your smbios details needed.
At the bootpicker press space and then reset your nvram.
Thanks for the reply! I don't believe that I did a legacy install and I can see the USB MacOS installer. I just double checked the BIOS settings and those are fine. The 3 options I get when I get to the select screen are EFI, Install MacOS and MacOS Installer. When I press spacebar I can then see the Time Machine drive and recovery options. Is it possible the SMBIOS could be messing it up? I just selected iMacPro1,1 and saved it to the config file but could something there be preventing it from detecting the APFS drive?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@tj4736117 Show me a screenshot of the bootpicker please mate?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
the Drive labeled MacOS installer is your nvme drive. You have a broken snapshot by the look of it.
Select it!

tj4736117

AMD OS X Member
the Drive labeled MacOS installer is your nvme drive. You have a broken snapshot by the look of it.
Select it!
Selecting that brings up the boot menu which gets about 10--15% into the loading bar before rebooting. I turned on verbose mode and logging to see what I could get. The log file was empty so I tried to catch the output on video. Sorry for the quality but here's the last set of messages before it reboots. The "We don't support SMC on this platform" error seems to be the problem and the only real google hit I found said that someone solved it with a clean install. Any ideas? Otherwise that may be the route I need to go.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Selecting that brings up the boot menu which gets about 10--15% into the loading bar before rebooting. I turned on verbose mode and logging to see what I could get. The log file was empty so I tried to catch the output on video. Sorry for the quality but here's the last set of messages before it reboots. The "We don't support SMC on this platform" error seems to be the problem and the only real google hit I found said that someone solved it with a clean install. Any ideas? Otherwise that may be the route I need to go.

I was just to suggest the same thing and do a clean instal cos your snapshot or your seal is broken fella.

tj4736117

AMD OS X Member
I was just to suggest the same thing and do a clean instal cos your snapshot or your seal is broken fella.
Oh well. At least it's easy to move the files between installs :) I'll update later in the week when I get the chance to rebuild it. Not in a hurry to rock the boat as long as Clover is working.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Oh well. At least it's easy to move the files between installs :) I'll update later in the week when I get the chance to rebuild it. Not in a hurry to rock the boat as long as Clover is working.
If it works with clover then why don’t you make a TM backup of your system and then fresh install big sur using OpenCore and then restore your time machine backup?
that way it’s no pain for you and you end up with a lovely fresh installed system using OpenCore instead of Clover that is obviously messing with your install and snapshot otherwise you wouldn’t have this problem to start with.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.5 Ready), 7th June 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Make sure you sign out of all icloud services before swapping over to the 7,1 EFI and Do not try and carry across your old 1,1 details to SMBIOS 7,1. You will need to create new Personal SMBIOS Details for MacPro7,1.
If you are using your real UUID and MAC address from your motherboard then these can carry over but not the Serial Number and MLB, These will need to be regenerated.

Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.0 - 07/06/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 070 EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 67
  • Gigabyte X570 Pro 1,1 Conversion Kit.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Just installed 070 on my Gigabyte Pro along with latest bios everything is smooth as silk excellent work as always :)

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What about Platforminfo Generic the ROM number ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
What about Platforminfo Generic the ROM number ?
I’m not sure I need to state the obvious to people but just for you I have updated the notice and page one of this thread to include a warning about your SMBIOS details.
Happy now bro? 😂

Last edited:

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
@Audio God
Thanks for sharing this. However after a week of trial with your EFI I've found major performance deficiencies with your version of EFI (OC070). My GeekBench score suffered more than 20% of losses single core score dropped from 2067 down to 1595 and multi-core score from 16997 down to 12996 . So I switched back to my original EFI (OC063 based) then everything suddenly goes back to normal again.
After carefully reading your posts again I realised your GeekBench score was always at this level and so soon as I use your EFI I will get the same level too.
Not sure what's cause of this though but just hope you can notice this and maybe improve your EFI and unlock all potentials of your hardware.
Here is my score before and after:

And here is my hardware detail:
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core
Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI 1.1
Adata 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz
WD SN850 2T
AMD Radeon RX 6900XT 16G

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod
I think your GeekBench is way too low for your hardware.
Here is mine based on OC063 EFI
View attachment 3331
What version of geekbench are you using?
my scores are spot on and correct across MacOS and Windows.
I think your using an older version there buddy.
check again with the latest version.

edit, hold on how you scoring over 2000 single core?
surely you must realise that’s not normal, check any bench mark for a 5900x.
Something is very wrong there my friend.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@charlesbizi I will rest my case with absolute proof.

Please notice that the very top scores are overclocked to the max and under water.
What you have with the 2000 score is a fake result. Not faked by you but just wrong.

My Results,
1623586338845.png
That’s with PBO boost and perfectly inline with all the official geekbench results.
No problems on my side I’m afraid to say but that 2000 single core score is awesome but it’s a shame it’s not real. Hehe

If that was a real score then you would own the fastest single core CPU in the world with no exotic cooling and somthing Derbauer could only dream of doing with LN2…😂🤣

Last edited:

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
What version of geekbench are you using?
my scores are spot on and correct across MacOS and Windows.
I think your using an older version there buddy.
check again with the latest version.

edit, hold on how you scoring over 2000 single core?
surely you must realise that’s not normal, check any bench mark for a 5900x.
Something is very wrong there my friend.
My GeekBench Version 5.4.1 (503823)
I'm totally baffled. I'm really new to this so I just downloaded this and run the test and never done anything weird to my hardwares nor over clocking. My CPU was cooled normally with AIO and graphic is official AMD air-cooled.
So really unsure what happened here lol
Really I wish I know how to hack the score on this lol!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.