AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gohn

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello AudioGod,
Just wanted to thank you for your work.
It really worked out of the box with my Gigabyte AORUS X570 Ultra !
I just now have to find why the monitor settings doesn't show 144hz for my screen which is weird because it's working just fine on Windows (rog pg279)
Other than that everything is looking good :)

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod changed SecureBootModel to j137. Changed PCI slots speed to Gen3. And removed npci=0x200 + enabled above 4G. Seems everything is ok.

One tiny question. When the OC boot appears there is no recovery mode. Is it intentionally? Command+R doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, i am back, after a while i managed to install big sur and it seems is working now!! my only issue is the sound, is not loaded any clues what should i do?
Yeah maybe,

1. Do you have internal speakers selected as the audio output? (If not then do so)

2. if you have been flipping back and forth between windows and macOS then simply shut down the system and Then boot back up into MacOS and try the sound again. If that works then just don’t restart between windows and macOS but instead shut down first. Again if that is the problem you can also remove the Realtek drivers from windows and let it install windows own drivers for the audio and then you can restart between one and the other.

3. if it’s non of the above then in the config,plist change the boot argument alcid=29 too alcid=1, save, restart and try again.
still no sound,

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod changed SecureBootModel to j137. Changed PCI slots speed to Gen3. And removed npci=0x200 + enabled above 4G. Seems everything is ok.

One tiny question. When the OC boot appears there is no recovery mode. Is it intentionally? Command+R doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!
When you get to the boot picker press space to reveal recovery mode and nvram reset.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello AudioGod,
Just wanted to thank you for your work.
It really worked out of the box with my Gigabyte AORUS X570 Ultra !
I just now have to find why the monitor settings doesn't show 144hz for my screen which is weird because it's working just fine on Windows (rog pg279)
Other than that everything is looking good :)
I spoke to somebody the other day with the same problem using a different system and couldn’t work out why.
It’s happened to me when I got my 144hz monitor aswell where windows worked at 144 but macOS didn’t and I resolved it by buying a brand new VESA certified DP Cable from Amazon and the second I plugged it in the option for 144hz appeared.
If your using HDMI then try a DP cable instead or if you have a spare DP cable try that instead.
Might not help but might be just the ticket, Theres only one way to find out.

nongrata23

AMD OS X Member
Yeah maybe,

1. Do you have internal speakers selected as the audio output? (If not then do so)

2. if you have been flipping back and forth between windows and macOS then simply shut down the system and Then boot back up into MacOS and try the sound again. If that works then just don’t restart between windows and macOS but instead shut down first. Again if that is the problem you can also remove the Realtek drivers from windows and let it install windows own drivers for the audio and then you can restart between one and the other.

3. if it’s non of the above then in the config,plist change the boot argument alcid=29 too alcid=1, save, restart and try again.
still no sound,
thank you so much! alcid=1 fix the issue for elite version! millions 10x

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I spoke to somebody the other day with the same problem using a different system and couldn’t work out why.
It’s happened to me when I got my 144hz monitor aswell where windows worked at 144 but macOS didn’t and I resolved it by buying a brand new VESA certified DP Cable from Amazon and the second I plugged it in the option for 144hz appeared.
If your using HDMI then try a DP cable instead or if you have a spare DP cable try that instead.
Might not help but might be just the ticket, Theres only one way to find out.

If I remember Apple borked something related to refresh rates. Not sure which version it was in though.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 5th April 2021
The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,

• AMD Patches Updated for Big Sur 11.3 Compatibility
  • Lilu 1.5.2,
  • AppleALC 1.5.9,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.8 (Big Sur 11.3 Ready),
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • DRM For AppleTV is now fully working,
  • Mouse now working in OpenCanopy
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
Note 1 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 2 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 3 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.7. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.8 - 05/04/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro & Ultra 068 EFI .zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 25

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
When you get to the boot picker press space to reveal recovery mode and nvram reset.
Sweet!

Now I faced another thing. It started to reboot randomly. Just watching a video, opening a tab, switching between tabs and suddenly the restart.
I faced it yesterday only once. Is there any way to debug such thing and threat? Or at least to find the cause?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sweet!

Now I faced another thing. It started to reboot randomly. Just watching a video, opening a tab, switching between tabs and suddenly the restart.
I faced it yesterday only once. Is there any way to debug such thing and threat? Or at least to find the cause?
Try Clearing your nvram

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Try Clearing your nvram
Tried, many times :) Looks like there is a spike on CPU and then it just refuses to work and reboots the system. If I run 2 long running Xcode compilations and surfing the browser + zoom call without my video transmitting then it's definitely a reboot ;( Let's see what new EFI bring to us. Fingers crossed!

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately no luck with reboots. Just randomly restarts. Is there any way to check the logs for this? At least to identify the problem.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Unfortunately no luck with reboots. Just randomly restarts. Is there any way to check the logs for this? At least to identify the problem.

Try this in Terminal,

Bash:
log show --predicate 'eventMessage contains "Previous shutdown cause"' --last 24h

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb Did you ever disable the USBMap.kext in the config?
the one that’s in there is only correct for the pro, ultra and master. It’s wrong for the elite and your need to map out a new correct one for your board. Disabling the USBMap kext should be enough for the moment though and you can make a new map in your own time.

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for help guys! Just remember that Sapphire rx 580 doesn't like enabled 4g decoding at all regardless npci flags :)

Another thing that I've noticed is that if I try to restore the nvme ssd to another one though the recovery mode then it says that the original ssd is not an APFS disk.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for help guys! Just remember that Sapphire rx 580 doesn't like enabled 4g decoding at all regardless npci flags :)

Another thing that I've noticed is that if I try to restore the nvme ssd to another one though the recovery mode then it says that the original ssd is not an APFS disk.
You need to disable sip to use the recovery drive properly,

And it’s the motherboard that doesn’t like above 4g enabled. Check my notes about it on page one of this guide but basically gigabyte borked it when they added the resize bar.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Polaris and earlier do not seem to work with Above 4G decoding in my expirience. Had no issues with Vega on the same boards (ASRock and Asus).

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Polaris and earlier do not seem to work with Above 4G decoding in my expirience. Had no issues with Vega on the same boards (ASRock and Asus).
Polaris not liking 4g plus a borked above 4g on the pro makes the perfect marriage...😂🤣

Did you check out the hard work I put into the X570-E thread? You can definitely tell I was bored. 😜

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.