AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb Drop this EFI into your EFI partition and do nothing what so ever to it.
Dont change a single thing and don't add any smbios details just use it as is.
once you confirm its working you can replace the uuid and rom for your motherboards real one but until then just don't touch it buddy and lets see if it works now.

Attachments

• vlad.grb EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 9

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Sorry. I have tens of config.plist files and tons of EFI folders. Messed up a bit to attach the latest.

I downloaded a drag & dropped EFI and unfortunately result is the same :( I definitely do everything exactly the same as it is written in OC guide and on your 1 page. The problem is somewhere deeper than this.

BTW If I put the this EFI with Catalina then then I can reach at least the UI. See the photo.

Attachments

• 2021-04-02 20.30.08.jpg
    2021-04-02 20.30.08.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 13

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sorry. I have tens of config.plist files and tons of EFI folders. Messed up a bit to attach the latest.

I downloaded a drag & dropped EFI and unfortunately result is the same :( I definitely do everything exactly the same as it is written in OC guide and on your 1 page. The problem is somewhere deeper than this.

BTW If I put the this EFI with Catalina then then I can reach at least the UI. See the photo.
Somethings wrong with your setup by the look of it bud.
have you tried stripping it back to bare bones including all usb devices other then your keyboard and mouse and testing from there?

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Only Bluetooth usb stick and installer USB are plugged in. Nothing else.
The specs are Aorus x570 Pro, Ryzen 5800x, Sapphire RX 580, NVME m.2 Smartbuy 256Gb, EVGA SuperNova G5 750W. Weaker then yours but the same in general.
Seems I have to start from the ground and try debug OC config and patch it myself. Moreover seems logs are not that informative. OC log with 0x000 looks weird. I expected an error at least :|

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
By any chance could you please share your BIOS archive? I couldn't find it on official gigabyte website.

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Ok. I tried another EFI folder for Catalina build from here and the result is more descriptive
Code:
VirtualSMC:   efend @ no extra rtc memory is present for key erase
Seems guys are also faced this issue on GitHub. But my knowledge is not that deep to find the cause of this and what it rtc :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
That’s a totally different fault to what your experiencing using my EFI im afraid dude
What make and model is your storage drive?

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Ok. After hours of tries I figured out how to reach the installation. Just enabled 4g(But UI is slow like 12fps however the mouse is moving clearly without traces). After 10 mins of the installation process it rebooted to continue the install and now it is in reboot loop o_O And even not able to reach OC menu!
I went to config.plist and changed SecureBootModel to Disabled and the install continues. Tomorrow will try to finalise the installation. Fingers crossed!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb Ok that’s good news, maybe your gpu doesn’t like the boot argument alternative so if your going to enable above 4g then you need to Remove the boot argument npci=0x2000 or it will mess with your gpu performance and panic your system if you have both enabled. Also make sure you have the resize bar disabled and one other change to do is set your PCIe slots to gen3. (Inside the bios)
You can leave the SecureBootModel to j137. Your make life harder for yourself if you have it disabled.

Last edited:

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Full success!
Also a good thing to test is Xcode benchmark I guess. More can be found on github. The previous build using MSI Mortar Max b450 with 3600x cpu took 180secs. But the current build took 129-135secs which is a bit faster then Air M1 :) I didn't prepare somehow for the test just run it after the launch. And I am really happy with the result!
Thanks a lot @AudioGod for the build and your help!

Resize bar is disabled.
Still I didn't try to put SecureBoot back to j137. Will try and let you know. As well as 4g enabled and remove npci=0x200. But currently can't see the degradation in the benchmarks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.47.31.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.47.31.png
    376.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.47.44.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.47.44.png
    382.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.48.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.48.18.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.55.01.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.55.01.png
    310.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 18.03.01.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 18.03.01.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 9

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Full success!
Also a good thing to test is Xcode benchmark I guess. More can be found on github. The previous build using MSI Mortar Max b450 with 3600x cpu took 180secs. But the current build took 129-135secs which is a bit faster then Air M1 :) I didn't prepare somehow for the test just run it after the launch. And I am really happy with the result!
Thanks a lot @AudioGod for the build and your help!

Resize bar is disabled.
Still I didn't try to put SecureBoot back to j137. Will try and let you know. As well as 4g enabled and remove npci=0x200. But currently can't see the degradation in the benchmarks.
Good to buddy but I didn’t say a single thing about benchmark performance, that’s unrelated to what I’m referring to. You just don’t have above 4g and npci=0x2000 enabled at the same time or it will cause system panics and effect GPU (General) performance. use one of the other never both. Simple as that. Enjoy and a update to OC 0.6.8 will be going live probably tomorrow. 👍

nongrata23

AMD OS X Member
hI @AudioGod

I did try your EFI, but it seems i get the "circle not working" sign and i followed to the letter. My specs are: ryzen 5800x, Gigabyte X570 Elite no wifi, vega 64 video. I have a catalina installed in the past on a ssd which i am trying to boot into. I did changed the serials and i also applied the bios settings.

Any clue how toggle this? I am totally new to opencore, i used clover in the past for i7 3770k

Regards

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@nongrata23 Did you put your smbios details in and did you attempt to add any extra kexts or SSDTs or change my config in anyway?
Theres a thread on here with efi that uses a X570 Elite. What happens if you try to use that?

Did you also try clearing your nvram?

nongrata23

AMD OS X Member
@nongrata23 Did you put your smbios details in and did you attempt to add any extra kexts or SSDTs or change my config in anyway?
Theres a thread on here with efi that uses a X570 Elite. What happens if you try to use that?

do you know what in general cause that circle eror (i am trying all the suggestions but still not succes, i will try to make another big sur image)

nongrata23

AMD OS X Member

yes i did try that too, does last bios version matter?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It can help but shouldn’t be vital tbh but do come up to the latest bios revision if you can.
the error your getting is hard to know why without debug info but the only time I’ve really ever seen that is when the nvram isn’t working correctly, the boot drives are incorrect somehow, borked install or usb installer, added or removed kexts without updating the config.plist correctly or bad smbios details (most unlikely of the lot)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.