AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey @AudioGod after 1 month of testing windows 11 I wanna go back to big sur :D , for some reason it wont show me the recovery partition in open core, any idea why? I don't have a mac with me so I used macrecovery in order to get the recovery/installation files.
When you get to the bootpicker press the space bar to reveal the recovery drive.
I have it hidden as standard.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.2 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta4 Ready), 2nd August 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.5,
  • AppleALC 1.6.3,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.2,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.6,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • SMCAMDProcessor 0.7
  • New Universal AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta4 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.2 (Monterey Beta 4 Ready),
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a RX 6800 or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - If you are using Catalina then in the Config.plist under Misc->Security Change SecureBootModel=Default to j160 or Catalina will not boot.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

IMPORTANT PATCH INFO TO SET THE CORRECT CPU FOR YOUR SYSTEM
Core Count patch needs to be modified to boot your system. Find the three algrey - Force cpuid_cores_per_package patches and alter the Replace value only.

Changing B8000000 0000/BA000000 0000/BA000000 0090* to B8 <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0000/BA <CoreCount> 0000 0090* substituting <CoreCount> with the hexadeciamal value matching your physical core count.

Note: The three different values reflect the patch for different versions of macOS. Be sure to change all three if you boot macOS 10.13 to macOS 12

See the table below for the values matching your CPU Core Count.

CoreCountHexadecimal
6 Core06
8 Core08
12 Core0C
16 Core10
32 Core20
So for example a 6 Core 5600X Replace value would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0000/BA 06 0000 0090
Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090

12 Core EXAMPLE
Screenshot 2021-08-02 at 19.51.06.png

Power Gadget App
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext has been updated and has gone from good to Amazing so make sure you download the latest version of the Power Gadget App to make the most of it.
AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.2 - 02/08/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 7,1 072 EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Have you tried power play tables before? You can undervolt/adjust the voltage/frequency of soc, chip etc. for your RX 6800 with it by adding a few entries to DeviceProperties. I remember doing this a few months ago for my hackintosh but I cannot find the instructions for it on the german hackintosh forum anymore.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Have you tried power play tables before? You can undervolt/adjust the voltage/frequency of soc, chip etc. for your RX 6800 with it by adding a few entries to DeviceProperties. I remember doing this a few months ago for my hackintosh but I cannot find the tutorial for it on the german hackintosh forum anymore.
I’ve not tried it on my RX 6800 but have used it in the past.
I do all my gaming in Windows TBH so I’m happy to leave it at stock in MacOS.
The user who made the power play table is still active over at InsanelyMac and has a thread on it over there.

LukeDoky

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your work, I don't see SSDT-XHC.aml and SMCAMDProcessor.kext in the newest EFI, are they obsolete now?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your work, I don't see SSDT-XHC.aml and SMCAMDProcessor.kext in the newest EFI, are they obsolete now?
Ssdt XHC is no longer needed now that the smbios has changed to 7,1. There is a conversion kit on page one if you would prefer to use iMacPro1,1 though.
SMCAMDProcessor is only useful if you use things like istat Etc etc and the new power gadget app that works alongside AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext is all that’s needed and it’s awesome too.

Zexmunze

AMD OS X Member
Thanks “AG” I successfully booted and installed Big sur and everything is working, even my old gpu r9 270x runs 2k 144Hz with hdmi audio.

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Still in trouble with HDMI audio, Waking from display sleep or mac sleep cause no hdmi audio output. Monitor with audio connected to HDMI port of RX 6900XT.

Boot-arg : npci=0x2000 keepsyms=1 swd_panic=1 alcid=11 alcdelay=3000 agdpmod=ignore
Motherboard audio patching disabled as i saw somewere that we cant patch both audio sametime.

Attached DeviceProperties of both internal and hdmi audio.

attached before and after sleep results from IORegistryExplorer:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@saninokia Have you tried swapping over the Fix PAT patches?
Set it the opposite way to this diagram.
1628283718564.png

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod,

Yes tried both pat patches but none of them helps.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod,

Yes tried both pat patches but none of them helps.
Well if that’s the case it might be something you should report on the AppleALC repo over at the GitHub.

I have a big Navi and admittedly don’t Really use HDMI audio as I use a DAC and internal audio but I just tried to recreate the problem using my Samsung TV with audio via HDMI and no matter how many sleep wake cycles I put it though audio remains working.

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
Well if that’s the case it might be something you should report on the AppleALC repo over at the GitHub.

I have a big Navi and admittedly don’t Really use HDMI audio as I use a DAC and internal audio but I just tried to recreate the problem using my Samsung TV with audio via HDMI and no matter how many sleep wake cycles I put it though audio remains working.

You're right, its working fine for me too in my LG TV, but for some reason not working in my 34 Inch Ultrawide monitor from Samsung. This monitor comes with USB Hub option too just tried disabling this option but also not helped : https://www.samsung.com/in/monitors/curved-cj791/LC34J791WTWXXL/

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod, I really really appreciate your patient and effort with this awesome thread!!

BTW, seems a minor typo:
"Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 06 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090"

-> "Or a 12 Core 5900X that I have it setup as standard would result in these replace values, B8 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0000/BA 0C 0000 0090"

i.e., B8 06 0000 0000 -> B8 0C 0000 0000

Although I think your description is clear enough and thus this minor typo doesn't lead to any potential confusion!

thanks again!

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
It is me again lol.

Sometimes, my Bluetooth doesn't work with this situation:
1628419621813.png1628419665911.png

Some info that may be useful:
  • I use Fenvi T919 BCM94360CD 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
  • Didn't disable the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth
  • By "Sometimes", the Bluetooth works perfectly sometimes (able to connect to a Bluetooth device, everything), but after a manual shutdown and start of the OS, come to this situation (but didn't set any new before the shutdown)

My question @AudioGod :
1. May I know any idea to fix it? Any doc/ tutorial I could learn or refer to and thus may be able to know and understand the root cause
2. Any clue to debug/check why it is like that
3. I almost go through every post of this thread lol to learn and try to know any issue we possibly meet. I remember u said Fenvi T919 is really bad before. May I know your suggestion in my base? e.g., use the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth, instead of Fenvi T919.

thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
It is me again lol.

Sometimes, my Bluetooth doesn't work with this situation:
View attachment 3821View attachment 3822

Some info that may be useful:
  • I use Fenvi T919 BCM94360CD 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
  • Didn't disable the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth
  • By "Sometimes", the Bluetooth works perfectly sometimes (able to connect to a Bluetooth device, everything), but after a manual shutdown and start of the OS, come to this situation (but didn't set any new before the shutdown)

My question @AudioGod :
1. May I know any idea to fix it? Any doc/ tutorial I could learn or refer to and thus may be able to know and understand the root cause
2. Any clue to debug/check why it is like that
3. I almost go through every post of this thread lol to learn and try to know any issue we possibly meet. I remember u said Fenvi T919 is really bad before. May I know your suggestion in my base? e.g., use the onboard Intel WIFI/bluetooth, instead of Fenvi T919.

thanks!
Firstly thanks for pointing out the typo. I will correct that right now. 👍
If you are going to use a T919 then disable the onboard Wlan or the Bluetooth will conflict. You can also create a SSDT to block it out instead but disabling it is way better.
Im not a fan of T919 and think they are made very poorly and do not recommend them so asking me about those cards is a bad idea as I will never say anything positive about them…lolol
Best WLAN solution by far is to swap out the Intel WLAN for a Native card instead.

Last edited:

6R23MeCe

AMD OS X Member
Firstly thanks for pointing out the typo. I will correct that right now. 👍
If you are going to use a T919 then disable the onboard Wlan or the Bluetooth will conflict. You can also create a SSDT to block it out instead but disabling it is way better.
Im not a fan of T919 and think they are made very poorly and do not recommend them so asking me about those cards is a bad idea as I will never say anything positive about them…lolol
Best WLAN solution by far is to swap out the Intel WLAN for a Native card instead.
Thanks for your super fast reply!

Could you please point out a detailed direction to disable onboard WIFI and Bluetooth respectively? I am doing some learning and trying (but quite from scratch)

Could I imply what you mean is that such a conflict (between onboard bluetooth and T919) is the cause that leads to not-working Bluetooth issue? Thus disabling the onboard one may solve this issue.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your super fast reply!

Could you please point out a detailed direction to disable onboard WIFI and Bluetooth respectively? I am doing some learning and trying (but quite from scratch)

Could I imply what you mean is that such a conflict (between onboard bluetooth and T919) is the cause that leads to not-working Bluetooth issue? Thus disabling the onboard one may solve this issue.
Oh crap sorry I just remembered, You can’t disable it on Gigabyte boards as there is no option to do so in the bios.

MacOS doesn’t like seeing more then one Bluetooth controller so that’s where the conflict comes from.
Have you tried using the Intel WLAN instead of the T919?
The OpenWireless drivers have come along way since they were first made and work pretty well now with the exception of AirDrop.
If you are curious to try them out then use these kexts with Big Sur.
Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...e/releases/download/v2.0.0/IntelBluetooth.zip
WiFi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles....0/AirportItlwm_v2.0.0_stable_BigSur.kext.zip

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I'd assume another possibility is to remove the card on the board. Remove the IO Shield and it should give you access to it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.