AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Did you add your smbios details to the EFI and have you got above 4G decoding disbled in the bios?
Did you add anything other then what I provided inside my EFI because you don’t need to if you did?
If you have everything setup correctly it will work buddy.
Yeah, I do all. This is my EFI folder.

My steps at creating USB:
1) Download Monterey Beta
2) Format USB with GUID/Journaled
3) Install Monterey beta at the flash pen
4) Mount EFI and drag-drop this folder
Result - at select "Install macOS Monterey" I stuck...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 10

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ah ok, What Beta?
Public Beta1 and Dev Beta 2 do not work with the patches only dev beta 1.
The patches for the public beta, dev beta 2 are a work in progress and not ready to be released yet.

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Ah ok, What Beta?
Public Beta1 and Dev Beta 2 do not work with the patches only dev beta 1.
The patches for the public beta, dev beta 2 are a work in progress and not ready to be released yet.
I use the last beta, info at version here

So, is no way to install it?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I use the last beta, info at version here

So, is no way to install it?
I will pm you now a working link to developer beta1 right now buddy.
Give me 1 minute. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@xenearz Link sent.
You should be fine now to install 12.0 with the version I sent you, Let me know how you get on and enjoy. :)

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

I'm a mac user but not that expert in installing in non-branded mac hardware. i just build my gigabyte x570 pro wifi with ryzen 9 5950x CPU, everything working great but issue is wifi and bluetooth, if anyone can help with details like how i can install and configure them it would be great.

Thank you.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello,

I'm a mac user but not that expert in installing in non-branded mac hardware. i just build my gigabyte x570 pro wifi with ryzen 9 5950x CPU, everything working great but issue is wifi and bluetooth, if anyone can help with details like how i can install and configure them it would be great.

Thank you.
Sure, if you are wanting to use the onboard Intel wireless card then you need to add these kexts that i will post below for you to the kext folder and Confing.plist
Bluetooth - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles....0-RC1/IntelBluetoothFirmware-2.0.0-DEBUG.zip

WiFi - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireles...tItlwm-Big_Sur-v2.0.0-DEBUG-alpha-22a83ab.zip

saninokia

AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the links, can you help in configuring the plist as i am really need to this.
Ok sure no problem, I will amend my EFI for you to include the wireless kexts, Give me 15mins and I will be back infront of my system and il sort it out for you. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@saninokia Here you go pal. Don't forget to add your SMBIOS details back.

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro WiFi Ready 071 EFI.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 35

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
@saninokia Here you go pal. Don't forget to add your SMBIOS details back.
Thank you so much, its working perfect now. Another issue is i'm using Gskrill 2x 32GB 3600Mhz CL18 memory but in mac it shows 2666Mhz. Do you know how i can resolve it?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you so much, its working perfect now. Another issue is i'm using Gskrill 2x 32GB 3600Mhz CL18 memory but in mac it shows 2666Mhz. Do you know how i can resolve it?
Thats strange. Is it displaying incorrectly in About This Mac and is it correct in windows speed wise?
Memory should run at whatever speed its set too XMP wise, I have never heard of it running slower then its meant to in MacOS and it not be a Bios setting problem TBH bud.

saninokia

AMD OS X Member
Thats strange. Is it displaying incorrectly in About This Mac and is it correct in windows speed wise?
Memory should run at whatever speed its set too XMP wise, I have never heard of it running slower then its meant to in MacOS and it not be a Bios setting problem TBH bud.
Ok, i did enabled it in XMP but still shows 2666Mhz instead of 3600Mhz, maybe need latest bios. By the way corsair h150i elite cooling i'm using but its software shows no device detected in macos but in windows same build its working, anything we can do?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok, i did enabled it in XMP but still shows 2666Mhz instead of 3600Mhz, maybe need latest bios. By the way corsair h150i elite cooling i'm using but its software shows no device detected in macos but in windows same build its working, anything we can do?
there is no support for Corsair Hydro AIOs in MacOS im afraid and more times than not can break sleep if you have connected to the internal USB Header.
100% update to the latest firmware for your board.

wh1406

AMD OS X Member
This is my first fully functional Ryzen Hackintosh after many many years of intel builds and when I say fully functional I mean just that.
Everything is working bar SideCar of course as there's no IGPU and I'm using SMBios iMacPro1,1 but as for everything else goes like proper sleep, Wake, All iCloud functions, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc all works beautifully.
I have fully mapped out USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build Spec
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro (Bios Revision - F33a)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: ABWB BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4 - Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0

View attachment 2011
ACPI SSDT's
  • SSDT-USBX (USB power tables)
  • SSDT-PLUG (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-XHC (USB rename's)

Kexts
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
  • SmallTreeIntel82576
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • USBMap

What Works
Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port
Ethernet PortView attachment 2013
WiFi / Bluetooth
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)
AirDrop
iCloud
Hardware Acceleration
iMessages
Facetime
Sleep & Wake
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
Power Nap
Handoff
Netflix on Safari browser
Continuity
Apple Watch Unlock​
What Doesn't Work
SideCar
Bios Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

EFI Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.
X570 Master users need to add the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to the kext folder and config.plist to enable the 2.5gb Ethernet port that can be downloaded from here.

If you need help then feel free to get in touch and do let me know how my EFI works for you.

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Make sure you sign out of all icloud services before swapping over to the 7,1 EFI and Do not try and carry across your old 1,1 details to SMBIOS 7,1. You will need to create new Personal SMBIOS Details for MacPro7,1.
If you are using your real UUID and MAC address from your motherboard then these can carry over but not the Serial Number and MLB, These will need to be regenerated.

Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 2 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port or WiFi instead.

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.1 (05/07/2021) SMBIOS MacPro7,1
Hi dude

Much thanks for your work. I downloaded your EFI and it works great including sleep and wake up, but here is new problem with my build , i have pcie card bcm93640CD , the bluetooth does not work at all , can not be discovered, turned off, but wifi works fine. I've google for while, it seems the USBMap was not set properly. but this adaptor worked great on my old hackintosh (intel base)

much thanks

here is my build. :
amd 5900x , gigabyte x570 pro wifi ver 1.2 , rx 460 , samsung 980 pro 1T pcie 4, a-data 16GB memory.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi dude

Much thanks for your work. I downloaded your EFI and it works great including sleep and wake up, but here is new problem with my build , i have pcie card bcm93640CD , the bluetooth does not work at all , can not be discovered, turned off, but wifi works fine. I've google for while, it seems the USBMap was not set properly. but this adaptor worked great on my old hackintosh (intel base)

much thanks

here is my build. :
amd 5900x , gigabyte x570 pro wifi ver 1.2 , rx 460 , samsung 980 pro 1T pcie 4, a-data 16GB memory.

Should be working bud, it’s mapped right that’s for sure or it wouldn’t be listed. The bcm93640CD might very well need BrcmPatchRAM and or AirportBrcmFixup to make it work correctly with Big Sur.

wh1406

AMD OS X Member
Should be working bud, it’s mapped right that’s for sure or it wouldn’t be listed. The bcm93640CD might very well need BrcmPatchRAM and or AirportBrcmFixup to make it work correctly with Big Sur.
Much thanks for your reply

I followed your guide , had added AirportBcrmFixup.kext , BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext to kext fold, but it does not work either.

here is my Config.plist .

Attachments

• Config.plist
    56.1 KB · Views: 1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Much thanks for your reply

I followed your guide , had added AirportBcrmFixup.kext , BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM3.kext to kext fold, but it does not work either.

here is my Config.plist .
That’s very strange, I used to use a BCM94360CS2 on a pcie adaptor with that board and never had an issue. I will double check your config when I’m back home and let you know if I spot anything out of the ordinary. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 22.34.34.png

Big Sur 11.5 Release. The update was as smooth as always. :)

wh1406

AMD OS X Member
That’s very strange, I used to use a BCM94360CS2 on a pcie adaptor with that board and never had an issue. I will double check your config when I’m back home and let you know if I spot anything out of the ordinary. 👍
Much Thanks, I've tried wiring mini-usb port on PCIE adaptor to rear ,front usb with mini-usb/usb cable , but still failed to work …

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.