AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Just in case anybody still has USB trouble despite using @AudioGod's mapping, this might be the cause:
https://www.techspot.com/news/88695...nnectivity-issues-x570-b550-motherboards.html
Huh, and I thought that my X570 is OK when it was sometimes randomly cutting power to specific USB ports as this is the behavior I know from my old and trustworthy MBP. Thanks for mentioning this. I contacted AMD, maybe they’ll request additional system info. I hope they’ll fix this one as it can get pretty annoying when one USB port after the other stops working until you do a full hard reset.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Huh, and I thought that my X570 is OK when it was sometimes randomly cutting power to specific USB ports as this is the behavior I know from my old and trustworthy MBP. Thanks for mentioning this. I contacted AMD, maybe they’ll request additional system info. I hope they’ll fix this one as it can get pretty annoying when one USB port after the other stops working until you do a full hard reset.
It is indeed the case with the X570 boards too but it’s a lot less apparent compared to some B550 boards.
I have AGESA 1.2.0.2 on my ASUS X570-E and it’s made my USB a lot better feeling but it wasn’t bad to start with tbh. Definitely better though. 👍

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, now Gigabyte has to get their s*** together and finally release an update (at this point I don’t even care if it’s beta or not with them).

:D

I resurrected after a couple of months. Besides the sound issue that I just couldn’t get working, I also had a weird issue where the time would be broken and even fetching from NTP servers didn’t help. There is a thread on Reddit about this time drift, but there weren’t many responses. This has happened like two or three times in the last couple of months and I think it always happens when I don’t shut down my machine for several days. Now I have a habit of comparing the macOS time with another clock, because time is critical for work ;) So whatever, nothing big, and I didn’t really need sound on that machine so everything was fine. Really stable, sometimes working more than 10 hours daily, as stable as a real Mac, but faster.

Today I tried out 0.6.8 and what can I say? Thanks again @AudioGod :)

Sound is working again. My machine doesn’t come back from sleep, but otherwise everything seems to be great as with the previous version (I think I have skipped at least one) and sound is back which is definitely nice.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah, now Gigabyte has to get their s*** together and finally release an update (at this point I don’t even care if it’s beta or not with them).

:D

I resurrected after a couple of months. Besides the sound issue that I just couldn’t get working, I also had a weird issue where the time would be broken and even fetching from NTP servers didn’t help. There is a thread on Reddit about this time drift, but there weren’t many responses. This has happened like two or three times in the last couple of months and I think it always happens when I don’t shut down my machine for several days. Now I have a habit of comparing the macOS time with another clock, because time is critical for work ;) So whatever, nothing big, and I didn’t really need sound on that machine so everything was fine. Really stable, sometimes working more than 10 hours daily, as stable as a real Mac, but faster.

Today I tried out 0.6.8 and what can I say? Thanks again @AudioGod :)

Sound is working again. My machine doesn’t come back from sleep, but otherwise everything seems to be great as with the previous version (I think I have skipped at least one) and sound is back which is definitely nice.
hi, what is the Bios version ? F33i ?

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
After using 0.6.8 for a couple of hours since yesterday, I have a little bit more info about the sleep issues. Sleep works, but wake from sleep doesn’t. It looks like the GPU wouldn’t come back, because otherwise the devices are on. Once the display came kind of half back, I’ve seen my desktop, but there was some kind of RGB snow all over the place, and the GUI wasn’t responsive. I’ve seen that my key presses were accidentally typed into some input field, so that keyboard and mouse are definitely working after waking up.

Don’t even know how to debug it further so that sleep is back again. I’m already thinking about going back to 0.6.6, because I think sleep is more important for me than sound.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@chiefsucker You‘re problem is not OpenCore I’m afraid bud and switching versions isn’t going to help you even if it stops the issue it’s not fixing the problem.
im not sure what’s going on there tbh fella.
Again though your problems are not OpenCores but something else.

Are you using my USBMap.Kext with your X570 Master and if so is it correct as my EFI is only 100% certified against a Pro or Ultra and also do you have the correct bios settings?

Have you cleared you’re Nvram?

Nvram
Important - Before booting into MacOS using the new EFI for the first time make sure you reset your Nvram. (At the bootpicker press Space to reveal the option) Try to make this a habit and do it whenever you make system changes or upgrading the EFI to a newer version etc etc.

Im trying to think of anything that could cause that for you. Brain Cogs are Turning....😂

Last edited:

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Are you using my USBMap.Kext with your X570 Master and if so is it correct as my EFI is only 100% certified against a Pro or Ultra and also do you have the correct bios settings?
I’ve read their documentation on GitHub carefully, but I couldn’t find instructions there (besides the theoretical background). So I’ve started the tool, let it detect USB ports, then I selected all (shouldn’t be an issue, because the X570 Master has enough controllers to not reach the macOS limit from my understanding). If you have a link to a guide, or if you think I’m doing something wrong here, let me know.

Have you cleared you’re Nvram?
Yeah, I do it so often, somebody might say I’ve NCS (Nvram Cleaner Syndrome).

Im trying to think of anything that could cause that for you. Brain Cogs are Turning....😂
USBMap is my best guess?

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I’ve read their documentation on GitHub carefully, but I couldn’t find instructions there (besides the theoretical background). So I’ve started the tool, let it detect USB ports, then I selected all (shouldn’t be an issue, because the X570 Master has enough controllers to not reach the macOS limit from my understanding). If you have a link to a guide, or if you think I’m doing something wrong here, let me know.

Yeah, I do it so often, somebody might say I’ve NCS (Nvram Cleaner Syndrome).

USBMap is my best guess?
perhaps go back to F32 bios ?

polymax

AMD OS X Member
Thanks AudioGod for all your hard work. I did ok getting a Hackintosh to work on my own, but your efi/updates makes my life a lot easier. I have been a Mac user since 1987 and I'm loving the flexibility and upgradability of the Hackintosh. I have a question for anyone who might have an answer. I'm running a pro wifi, 5800x and a 5700xt. My frame rates are much lower for OSX than when I boot into windows. For one example in particular, there is a browser based game I jump into every now and then. In windows, I get pegged at 200fps, while on Mac, I'm running 120-123fps. I have my monitor set to 1440 200Hz in both systems. {the monitor can do 240hz, but only 200hz in 10 bit color.)
So, any ideas on why the lack of performance in OS X?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@polymax The gpu drivers for MacOS are basically rubbish so that’s why there’s such a major difference but what you can do is the following......

GPU
If your not happy with your geekbench results or want better frame rates while gaming and do not use audio over HDMI or DP then go into the Config.plist and navigate to Kernel -> Patch, Scroll down to the very last patch in the list (39) and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly above it (38). Save, Restart and your find your GPU geekbench score and frame rates in games will be better.

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
I found another USB problem? If I shutdown the PC and unplug an USB device (phone, flash drive) directly after power down the PC starts again. But maybe just a bug from my case front USB?

And another question.
macOS will never support resizable bar. But if there is support for Radeon 6000 in macOS (and one can manage to buy one) is there an option to disable resizable bar with an boot argument to have it enabled in WIndows and still can boot macOS?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I found another USB problem? If I shutdown the PC and unplug an USB device (phone, flash drive) directly after power down the PC starts again. But maybe just a bug from my case front USB?

And another question.
macOS will never support resizable bar. But if there is support for Radeon 6000 in macOS (and one can manage to buy one) is there an option to disable resizable bar with an boot argument to have it enabled in WIndows and still can boot macOS?
Do you have ERP enabled for your motherboard?
on the X570 Ultra having ERP enabled causes exactly what you described.
Also on a ASUS X570-E, same thing with ERP enabled.

Resize bar..... Boot argument hasn’t been created for it yet and I doubt it will be as I also doubt big Navi support too.
I don’t buy into the fake news about it online and there’s no support in the latest beta either.
This question is pointless as one can only speculate until we know for sure about big Navi. (So sorry if that’s not the answer you wanted to here bud but it all seems like a bit of pipe dream to me considering Apple Silicon is where Apple are at now, not giving support to there old Intel Mac Pro)

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
Even without support you can use a second GPU and disable the 6000 for macos but still could not enable resizable bar cause macOS wont boot?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Even without support you can use a second GPU and disable the 6000 for macos but still could not enable resizable bar cause macOS wont boot?
indeed

Theres no support in MacOS for the resize bar so it’s a no can do situation.
I have heard some people say they have Theres enabled and macOS works just fine but when I ask to see evidence I don’t get any so I don’t believe the one or two users that have made these claims. 😂

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Again though your problems are not OpenCores but something else.
I’m back and I have great news to share. Your hint and the strange graphics errors on wakeup finally pointed me into the right direction: I simply forgot to add my SSDT to disable the Big Navi GPU. Now I can wake up that little beast again without problems.

So with 0.6.8 everything is smooth and sound works again. Thanks again, @AudioGod.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’m back and I have great news to share. Your hint and the strange graphics errors on wakeup finally pointed me into the right direction: I simply forgot to add my SSDT to disable the Big Navi GPU. Now I can wake up that little beast again without problems.

So with 0.6.8 everything is smooth and sound works again. Thanks again, @AudioGod.
Awesome Buddy, Well done 👍

polymax

AMD OS X Member
@polymax The gpu drivers for MacOS are basically rubbish so that’s why there’s such a major difference but what you can do is the following......

GPU
If your not happy with your geekbench results or want better frame rates while gaming and do not use audio over HDMI or DP then go into the Config.plist and navigate to Kernel -> Patch, Scroll down to the very last patch in the list (39) and enable it followed by disabling the patch directly above it (38). Save, Restart and your find your GPU geekbench score and frame rates in games will be better.
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try..

Update- Fixed it, thanks. For that particular game I am solid at 200 fps now. Although I usually game on Windows, it's nice not to have to switch if I just want to play for a few minutes.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try..

Update- Fixed it, thanks. For that particular game I am solid at 200 fps now. Although I usually game on Windows, it's nice not to have to switch if I just want to play for a few minutes.
I know what you mean there bud, I was gutted when Rocket League Dropped MacOS support For online play. That was a very very very very sad Day for me that was...😢

sasaf01

AMD OS X Member
I believe a RX470 works yes and you can make a ssdt for the 1060 so MacOS can’t see it but you can see what works and what doesn’t for yourself here bud.

Just had a quick look myself and Your 1060 is on the nono list, You need to ask somebody like Pavo about the 1060 and the system not working for you.
Pop over to the Discord channel and try hitting him up on there.
Hi, i bought a gtx770 which is compatible (i see it here, https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html ). I used your EFI, entered the data in the platforminfo and changed the bootargs by adding shikigva=40 removed agdpmod=pikera and added nvda_drv_vrl=1, but this error appears.

Attachments

• Error.jpg
    Error.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.