AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fix38

AMD OS X Member
I guess I missed that part, sorry and thanks for the answer

kowabounga

AMD OS X Member
Hello,
First thank you for the tutorial unfortunately I can't do the installation of big sur. The installer crashes when I select disk to use. I own a nvme 970 evo plus, which I format into APFS. I have updated the motherboard bios, make all the configurations in the bios. I confess that I don't see too much of where the problem comes from.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello,
First thank you for the tutorial unfortunately I can't do the installation of big sur. The installer crashes when I select disk to use. I own a nvme 970 evo plus, which I format into APFS. I have updated the motherboard bios, make all the configurations in the bios. I confess that I don't see too much of where the problem comes from.
Can you fill in your signature with your system spec please so anybody trying to help you knows what your using?
I use the same NVMe drive for big sur. You have to makes sure its firmware is up to date or it wont work with MacOS.
If your using a different motherboard from the spec I'm using or I have listed to work then it probably wont work correctly with your setup.

If You can reach the installer menu on the USB drive using my EFI then that kind of writes off the problem being a quirk setting or the ACPI (100%).

Last edited:

kowabounga

AMD OS X Member
Sorry, I have updated my signature, I have checked the ssd has the latest firmware. I can reach the installer menu, when I select install Big sur and select the hard drive and go next. I return immediately to the menu installer.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Try swapping OpenHPSPlus.efi for HFSPlus.efi and see if that sorts it out for you, your have to change the drivers in the config.plist to of course.
otherwise strip down the system to bare basics including all usb devices apart from your keyboard and mouse and try booting that way.

One other thing is to make sure your using the bios settings laid out on page one.

cp007

AMD OS X Member
Nice one buddy,
The EFI is really only designed for the Aorus X570 boards as all of the ACPI SSDTs are directly created for my board.
A lot of things won’t be right and your need to make a few changes but good stuff for getting it going on your setup and enjoy buddy.👍

By the way, injecting the card the way you have could cause errors.
One good way to see it is to run Luxmark and check out what it thinks your GPU is. If it says anything other then what it’s meant to be then it’s conflicting. If you run a game and it’s causing trouble your get frame drops all over the place.

PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x3,0x1) containing fake card parameters is only used for getting DRM in AppleTV and Apple Music Streaming to work Properly. It serves no other functions so I don’t see how that could cause a hang in the installer for you bud. Very Interesting though
I ve changed back the dev.property as you recomended. Works well. No visible change in benchmarks but Luxmark is now able to identify the GPU. I ve wrote a new post with details
Thanks a lot.

kowabounga

AMD OS X Member
Try swapping OpenHPSPlus.efi for HFSPlus.efi and see if that sorts it out for you, your have to change the drivers in the config.plist to of course.
otherwise strip down the system to bare basics including all usb devices apart from your keyboard and mouse and try booting that way.

One other thing is to make sure your using the bios settings laid out on page one.
I have replaced OpenHPSPlus.efi for HFSPlus.efi and modify config.plist. Disconnect all usb except mouse, keyboard and usb bootable. I reset my bios settings and restart to enter same settings laid out on page one. Same result ... Maybe I need to try with another ssd or use NVMeFix.kext I don't know :/

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have replaced OpenHPSPlus.efi for HFSPlus.efi and modify config.plist. Disconnect all usb except mouse, keyboard and usb bootable. I reset my bios settings and restart to enter same settings laid out on page one. Same result ... Maybe I need to try with another ssd or use NVMeFix.kext I don't know :/
I use the same same board with the same samsung 970 evo plus and the Efi your trying to use is the same one I’m using currently and I don't Need or use nvmefix. It’s worth a try though I guess.
Other things I can think of to try is clearing your nvram, updating your bios to F33c and a silly one but make sure your ram is in slots a2 b2 not a1 b1.

Also try setting your NVMe drives and gpu to PCIe gen3 not Auto or gen4 and don’t use the nvme slot at the very bottom for your big sur drive. Have your windows NVMe on the top slot and the big sur NVMe in the middle one.

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hey, does 33c fix above 4G enabled ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 No Buddy. I have reported it to gigabyte and they have acknowledged the problem so we will see if they fix it sometime soon.
I’m not fussed about it to be honest as the boot argument instead works perfectly.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@JanHappy2000 Im glad they finally brought the usb problems to light but it’s really much more of a B550 problem then a X570 one.

Last edited:

Toslim

AMD OS X Member

Why is this happen to me? After installing OS I've change SMBIOS several time to fix other issues. BTW a very big THANKS to @AudioGod for sharing your knowledge. Everything working as you mention earlier.
Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.2.1
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Master RAM: 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz
Graphics: MSI RX5700 Mech OC Cooling : AMD wraith prism
HDD: 2TB Seagate Firecuda Bootloader: OpenCore 0.6.6

Attachments

• Config.plist
    51.1 KB · Views: 1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Toslim Thats not a MacOS problem I don’t think. Reflash your bios to the latest revision while your at it (F33c) and if that doesn’t help then run some tests on your memory to make sure it’s ok and turn off any memory tuning or overclocking you may or may not have done and test.

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing this amazing config. I have a Gigabyte AORUS X570 Master with a GT 730 & unsupported Big Navi GPU and everything worked out of the box! I just generated some random IDs, removed the GPU boot arg, and added a custom SSDT-GPU-DISABLE (I hope we’ll get the drivers this summer / year :))

I’m absolutely new to this whole Hackintosh thing, but otherwise over two decades in IT.

But now comes the bummer… I absolutely don’t know what happened, because sound stopped working and I already tried everything possible to get it back. Previously there were two devices in the Sound Output tab (SPDIF & front which worked great with my headphones for about 1–2 days, but now there’s just nothing besides my USB mic that still works great).

I already tried to do these things:
  • Created the EFI from scratch to exclude stupid config.plist mistakes on my part (though I only remember changing the ScanPolicy just to read later that @AudioGod :love: took already care of my use case by bypassing OC for other OSes; hell is a hot place…)
  • Verified that latest available BIOS is installed
  • Verified that latest available SSD firmware for the 970 EVO Plus is installed
  • Deleted the EFI folder on the SSD to make sure that I always boot from the correct EFI on the USB stick
  • Verified BIOS settings and compared to instructions in tutorial, especially 4G
  • Load Optimized Settings in BIOS in case I’m still stupid, then set everything according to the tutorial
  • Tried different audio layouts (while reading the whole thread I’ve seen 28 mentioned that also worked, but had broken auto switching, but this didn’t change anything on my end); after I tried many different layouts I just wondered why I tried other layouts at all, because the default one (29) in 0.6.6 worked at some point in time
  • Reset NVRAM every time I did a change to the EFI
  • Created a custom USBMap.kext (detected, selected all, without renaming any of them; as far as I understand this board should be OK, because it has three controllers and none of them reaches the 15 limit)
  • Disabled SIP in the config.plist, did a restart, then tried to clean & rebuild in Hackintool (I got permission errors in red color in the output, but I verified that SIP is disabled with csrutil; I’m not sure what’s going on here)
The macOS SSD is in the middle slot. The disabled Big Navi GPU is in the top PCIe slot, while the GT 730 aka "turtle" ;) is in the bottom one. When I check the layout in the NVRAM tab in Hackintool, it’s always the correct one (either 28 or 29, depending on my mood), but IORegistryExplorer shows 7, which is the driver default according to the Vanilla guide. Another thing I wonder about is if it’s normal how the audio devices look like. I see the USB mic and another device with three question marks. When I select it the manufacturer is Nvidia, and it looks like the GPU. I’m really confused about this, because I would expect the internal sound device with Realtek as the manufacturer in the detail view.

Now I wonder if I should just bite the bullet and buy an external DAC, or if there are any chances to get sound back with internal audio? I’m out of ideas and I also don’t understand why this amazing config worked basically out of the box with sound, but then suddenly my rig got enchanted and sound stopped working and I can’t seem to get it back no matter what I do.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@chiefsucker Thanks for the kind words buddy. 😊
That is one very weird problem you have happening to you over there. Totally not normal and I’ve never seen or heard of anything like that happen before to anybody so I’m scratching my head somewhat trying to work out whats happened.
Il make a little list of things for you to try, most of them you have probably already tried but in case there’s something i say that you haven’t then give it a go and see if it helps.
In no particular order......
  • Reset your nvram
  • Reset your Bios
  • Update your Bios to F33c (this is the most hard of a nvram reset you can do plus it’s worth it for agesa 1.2.0.0)
  • Clear your cache and repair your permissions (your need to disable SIP in the config.plist before you do so)
  • Remove your big Navi and put your 730 on the top slot making GPU0 then if it works move your big Navi under it
  • Try changing from 29 to 1 and if that works then try 16 or 7
Other things are, If your using smbios 1,1 like I have it set then you 100% need the XHC-SSDT name changes. The gigabyte boards use XHC1 as standard and this conflicts with smbios 1,1 as it has a predefined map inside it using XHC1, this is bad and we don’t want this at all. You should be using my EFI as is but with your own personal USBMap.kext. I would do that again if I was you brother. I made that XHC SSDT specifically for the Aorus boards so it’s correct to use for your x570 master too.

Using a External DAC is never a bad thing, I use a Native Instruments Audio 6 myself but only for my DAWs or when I want to play back on my monitors, any other time I use the internal audio and it’s always worked a charm. Evan logic works flawlessly using the internal audio and I find that shocking as I even tried to stress it out and it totally just was having it...lol
Don’t get a DAC though if it’s only because your internal audio isn’t working as it should be so we must fix and get it working again for you. 😂

On the extreme side have you tried a clean install? I know it’s a bit extreme but sometimes it’s the only way.
Time Machine back it all up and then wipe your drive and reinstall and then test and if all is well restore your time machine backup and it will be like nothing ever happened.

If I can think of anything else I will update this message. 👍

P.S About your Big Navi, There is a general belief that support in Big Sur will be coming to those cards soon however I am not one of those people who holds that same hope as a lot of others. I don’t think it is ever going to get supported unless Apple release one more Intel Mac, Theres a rumour that there’s a Intel MacPro refresh coming out in Q3 of this year but from what I know and have been told it’s not true so if that’s the case then Apple will not just add support for big Navi and I don’t believe they care about the end user in such a way that they would give support for the GPU so poeple who bought the current MacPro can upgrade it. Apple don’t play like that I’m afraid.
I hope I’m wrong as nothing would make me happier then being able to slap a 6800 XT in my system but I don’t think I am. :(

Last edited:

mrgreenfur

AMD OS X Member
I have used this SSD in the past and found that it needed a firmware update to work with OS X.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
hey AG time to update driver folder :unsure:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.42.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 1.42.15 PM.png
    193 KB · Views: 9

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
hey AG time to update driver folder :unsure:
After the hassle you had with OpenHFSPlus I have already swapped back to the old driver. Forget it...lol

0.6.7 will be back to the way it was.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
After the hassle you had with OpenHFSPlus I have already swapped back to the old driver. Forget it...lol
I downloaded you’ve latest config on page 1, a few minutes ago and noticed openhfs still there ,

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.