AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
My GeekBench Version 5.4.1 (503823)
I'm totally baffled. I'm really new to this so I just downloaded this and run the test and never done anything weird to my hardwares nor over clocking. My CPU was cooled normally with AIO and graphic is official AMD air-cooled.
So really unsure what happened here lol
Really I wish I know how to hack the score on this lol!
I would love to know how you got that score too.
my eyes popped out of my head when I realised the single core score buddy…lol
Freeking Awesome though 😂

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
How to publish such score or authenticate it though?
Anyway I've just uploaded the score to GeekBench site. Not sure what else I could do with it? I'm really new to this. Pls don't laugh! LOL
1623586540736.png

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
Hey check out this top score list! I saw many cases are just like mine from a hackintosh but under iMac Pro 1,1 though.
LMAO

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
Here is my EFI take a look if you have time. It's still buggy that's why I'm searching for better solution franticly here LOL
The sound still doesn't work not sure what went wrong though. ;-)

Attachments

• EFI oc.0.6.3 Backup.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
WTH is going on here !
I seems all my hardwares are on steroids after I switched back to my own EFI! Not just CPU but also my hard drives! This is wicked!
My SN850 2TB was getting 5XXX read and write before now scoring at this!
OC 0.7.0:
1623604161730.png

OC 0.6.3
1623588992328.png

Last edited:

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
Here is my 6900XT graphic score:
1623589111611.png

1623589129563.png

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
So my EFI broke the GeekBench !?!?
lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Whatever is going on can’t be good for the system, your cores must be out of sync.
I wouldn’t advise keeping that way.

charlesbizi

AMD OS X Member
This is my first fully functional Ryzen Hackintosh after many many years of intel builds and when I say fully functional I mean just that.
Everything is working bar SideCar of course as there's no IGPU and I'm using SMBios iMacPro1,1 but as for everything else goes like proper sleep, Wake, All iCloud functions, Handoff, AppleWatch Unlock etc etc all works beautifully.
I have fully mapped out USB manually on all ports and there's no micro stutters or freezes or anything else strange that you can think of.

Build Spec
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Pro (Bios Revision - F33a)
  • RAM: Corsair Pro Vengeance 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz (Tuned)
  • Graphics: Sapphire RX 5700 XT
  • Case : Lian Li PC-O11DW Dynamic.
  • NVMe: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB & Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB
  • SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G5, 80 Plus Gold 850W
  • WiFi-Bluetooth: ABWB BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe
  • Sound: Onboard & Native Instruments Audio 6
  • Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO
  • Installed Operating Systems: Big Sur 11.4 - Windows 10 Pro
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0

View attachment 2011
ACPI SSDT's
  • SSDT-USBX (USB power tables)
  • SSDT-PLUG (CPU power management)
  • SSDT-SBRG (Correcting EC, RTC memory & IRQ conflicts)
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (SMBus Support)
  • SSDT-XHC (USB rename's)

Kexts
  • Lilu
  • VirtualSMC
  • WhateverGreen
  • AppleALC
  • SmallTreeIntel82576
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement
  • SMCAMDProcessor
  • USBMap

What Works
Sound including the case's front headphones 3.5mm port
Ethernet PortView attachment 2013
WiFi / Bluetooth
USB Type C, 3.0 & 2.0 (All ports Mapped & Open)
AirDrop
iCloud
Hardware Acceleration
iMessages
Facetime
Sleep & Wake
Sleep and Shutdown via the Power Button
Power Nap
Handoff
Netflix on Safari browser
Continuity
Apple Watch Unlock​
What Doesn't Work
SideCar
Bios Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults
  • Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

ScreenShots & Benchmark Results

View attachment 3181

View attachment 2015

View attachment 2017

View attachment 2668

View attachment 2669

View attachment 2670

EFI Install Notes
Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

If you need help then feel free to get in touch and do let me know how my EFI works for you.

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • SMBIOS Changed to MacPro 7,1
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

IMPORTANT SMBIOS CHANGE - As requested by many the SMBIOS has now been switched over to MacPro7,1 if you want to continue using iMacPro1,1 then all you need todo is replace the USBMap.kext with the 1,1 version and add SSDT-XHC to your ACPI and your Config.plist, Change agdpmod=ignore into agdpmod=pikera and add your 1,1 details. I will add a 1,1 conversion kit to download incase you need it.

Make sure you sign out of all icloud services before swapping over to the 7,1 EFI and Do not try and carry across your old 1,1 details to SMBIOS 7,1. You will need to create new Personal SMBIOS Details for MacPro7,1.
If you are using your real UUID and MAC address from your motherboard then these can carry over but not the Serial Number and MLB, These will need to be regenerated.

Note - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Current EFI - OpenCore 0.7.0 (07/06/2021) SMBIOS MacPro7,1​
Just took the time run through all the bench mark as your original post.
Here is all my results:
1623597151945.png

1623597189685.png
1623597215332.png
1623597236844.png
1623597272245.png
1623597281084.png
1623597303716.png
1623597311253.png
1623597331810.png
1623597339256.png

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@charlesbizi Did you notice your result in cinibench says your single core is 6.1ghz???????
hahahahaha, Mate fix your system before something goes pop.
Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 22.26.47.png
That can't be good!

You got to ask yourself how much power is going to the vcore for that to happen and stay stable or how out of sync the cores must actually be and no matter how you look at it that the answer isn’t a good one. That will not end well. (Looks Awesome though 😂)

Last edited:

tj4736117

AMD OS X Member
If it works with clover then why don’t you make a TM backup of your system and then fresh install big sur using OpenCore and then restore your time machine backup?
that way it’s no pain for you and you end up with a lovely fresh installed system using OpenCore instead of Clover that is obviously messing with your install and snapshot otherwise you wouldn’t have this problem to start with.
I actually had a second NVME in the system that I was using as a TM drive. I wiped that install and then used the migration utility to copy all the files over from the broken install. It's working great now. Thanks!

Natalus

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod. Firstly massive thanks for the work you've put in and for the latest EFI. I'm far from an expert at all this but have read through the thread, followed your instructions and have a working Mac Os Big Sur. I have a few issues i hoped you could help with. First my setup:

Ryzen 3950X, AORUS xtreme Rev 1.0 bios F30 (I can hear you laughing I know the mobo is overkill), Sapphire RX 6800XT, intel wifi 6 ax200 and BT5, ALC1220VB sound, Big Sur 11.4 with OC 0.7.0. Running this on a seperate NVME to my Windows 10 installation.

I used your latest EFI and added my own serial details. here are my issues (i'm sure most to be expected):
- USB map needs updating as a couple of the ports dont work. I have tried looking at Corpnewts tool as well as hackintool but havent made much progress. i need to get my head round it.
- Sleep causes the system to hang, and if i shutown and then turn the display off, my computer restarts (my monitor has usb ports i use for mouse and keyboard if that helps to know). I guess this is possibly due to the incorrect USB map.
- Bluetooth seems solid but I'm not sure wifi is working properly (i use ethernet for internet). I added the kexts you recommended into the EFI post install and added the kext information in the config.plist. I didnt do anything like oc snapshot as it seemed to change some other kext settings. well, i did do the oc snapshot, but didnt save it. i just copied the kext info it added, then pasted that back into the original. hope that makes sense. This might be a big no no, but i dont know.
- airdrop doesnt work, i have had handoff work at times. i did try to use heliport but it says it itlwm isnt running (although im using airportitlwm so perhaps thats ok). this does seem to get handoff working, but airdrop no. I can see my computer and phone for airdrop, just cant transfer files. havent seen watch unlock work yet either, although it is enabled.

Apologies for the long message, i just wanted to give you as much info as possible. i saw you helped DarkSilentSC get up and running with a similar build, so i'm crossing my fingers you might have a correct USB map lying around... Any tips or pointers would be most appreciated. Thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Natalus Hi, Your board is a strange beast when it comes to its USB but what to do is Go into the Config.plist and disable the USBMap.kext and under Kernel -> Quirks set XhciPortLimit to Yes. Save, exist and restart.
XhciPortLimit should kick back in the missing ports.
You can leave it that way or then map a new usb kext but instead of using Corps script use USBToolBox and do it in windows. It’s a very clever tool and does a great job of finding all your ports.

Concerning your wireless, Airdrop doesn’t work on Intel wireless and as a whole the Intel kexts can be a bit flaky and still very much a work in progress. I prefer to swap out the card for a native one that works with no messing or kexts needed but if your wireless is playing up then the best thing to do is fully shutdown the system and then remove the power cable from it and leave it for a few minutes then plug it back in and boot it back up and your wireless will kick into life.

sleep and shutdown should be better once usb is working right but also make sure erp is disabled in the bios and try moving your monitors hub to a different USB port.

Natalus

AMD OS X Member
@Natalus Hi, Your board is a strange beast when it comes to its USB but what to do is Go into the Config.plist and disable the USBMap.kext and under Kernel -> Quirks set XhciPortLimit to Yes. Save, exist and restart.
XhciPortLimit should kick back in the missing ports.
You can leave it that way or then map a new usb kext but instead of using Corps script use USBToolBox and do it in windows. It’s a very clever tool and does a great job of finding all your ports.

Concerning your wireless, Airdrop doesn’t work on Intel wireless and as a whole the Intel kexts can be a bit flaky and still very much a work in progress. I prefer to swap out the card for a native one that works with no messing or kexts needed but if your wireless is playing up then the best thing to do is fully shutdown the system and then remove the power cable from it and leave it for a few minutes then plug it back in and boot it back up and your wireless will kick into life.

sleep and shutdown should be better once usb is working right but also make sure erp is disabled in the bios and try moving your monitors hub to a different USB port.
Thanks for the quick reply AudioGod! Really kind of you to help. The USB ports are now recognised. I dont think the wifi is quite right but handoff always pops up and as i'm using ethernet it doesnt bother me. i'm keen to get an alternative solution just to get this setup even closer to (or how about better than) a Mac pro. I dont like the idea of changing something on my mobo but i can add another PCI express card - would you recommend anything? I've seen the Fenvi t919 mentioned a few times.

I will also look at the USBToolBox this week and see if i can have some success with that. Sleep is still playing up but i'll try getting the USB map sorted first. ERP is disabled and i've tried moving the monitor port around. i do have a few things plugged in (midi, iLok etc), maybe i should try with everything unplugged as well.

Any ideas if its possible to turn RGB off? I dont need the light show on all the time!

Finally just to say a really big thank you again for this! i have an old 2007 Mac pro which died a number of years ago. Its been great getting Logic up and running again, with various virtual instruments like Play, NI etc. All seem to be working well, except i think waves is going to be an issue. firstly as they want to charge me ~£180GBP to update to the latest version of each plug in, and then there are a few that don't load from what i've seen. All the other plugins have been much kinder with free updates, or at least compatibility with Big Sur.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for the quick reply AudioGod! Really kind of you to help. The USB ports are now recognised. I dont think the wifi is quite right but handoff always pops up and as i'm using ethernet it doesnt bother me. i'm keen to get an alternative solution just to get this setup even closer to (or how about better than) a Mac pro. I dont like the idea of changing something on my mobo but i can add another PCI express card - would you recommend anything? I've seen the Fenvi t919 mentioned a few times.

I will also look at the USBToolBox this week and see if i can have some success with that. Sleep is still playing up but i'll try getting the USB map sorted first. ERP is disabled and i've tried moving the monitor port around. i do have a few things plugged in (midi, iLok etc), maybe i should try with everything unplugged as well.

Any ideas if its possible to turn RGB off? I dont need the light show on all the time!

Finally just to say a really big thank you again for this! i have an old 2007 Mac pro which died a number of years ago. Its been great getting Logic up and running again, with various virtual instruments like Play, NI etc. All seem to be working well, except i think waves is going to be an issue. firstly as they want to charge me ~£180GBP to update to the latest version of each plug in, and then there are a few that don't load from what i've seen. All the other plugins have been much kinder with free updates, or at least compatibility with Big Sur.
What do you mean when you say handoff keeps popping up?
Is it happening when you have no other Apple devices in operation?
It shouldn’t be doing that if it is and it won’t be due to WiFi so try signing out of your iCloud and then clearing out your cache, restart, Clear your NVRam, boot back up and then sign back into your iCloud account and the problem should be solved.

Whatever you do do not buy a Fenvi T919, That’s my most hated wireless card out there and is just rubbish.
If you want to get a alternative wireless card then get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a PCIe Adaptor. That will give you a full native solution with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working and you will have AirDrop working too.

Theres no RGG software controllers that I know of that work with Gigabyte boards (There might well be one out there I’ve just never seen it) Can you not switch off the lighting from within the bios?
I cant remember off the top of my head but you can on all Asus boards. Your only other option would be to turn them off in Windows using Fusion and that should do it.

Blizzard.Wind

AMD OS X Member
What do you mean when you say handoff keeps popping up?
Is it happening when you have no other Apple devices in operation?
It shouldn’t be doing that if it is and it won’t be due to WiFi so try signing out of your iCloud and then clearing out your cache, restart, Clear your NVRam, boot back up and then sign back into your iCloud account and the problem should be solved.

Whatever you do do not buy a Fenvi T919, That’s my most hated wireless card out there and is just rubbish.
If you want to get a alternative wireless card then get yourself a BCM94360CS2 and a PCIe Adaptor. That will give you a full native solution with no kexts or tricks needed to get it working and you will have AirDrop working too.

Theres no RGG software controllers that I know of that work with Gigabyte boards (There might well be one out there I’ve just never seen it) Can you not switch off the lighting from within the bios?
I cant remember off the top of my head but you can on all Asus boards. Your only other option would be to turn them off in Windows using Fusion and that should do it.
Thank you for the EFI folder... really works except can you help me disable the intel ax200 on macos only?? I still need it for windows but is it possible just to disable on macos? Thank you

Attachments

• Config.plist
    49.4 KB · Views: 0

Blizzard.Wind

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for the EFI folder... really works except can you help me disable the intel ax200 on macos only?? I still need it for windows but is it possible just to disable on macos? Thank you
right now it's overlapping with the intel one... I have a BCM43602 11ac with bt 4.2.. thanks

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
right now it's overlapping with the intel one... I have a BCM43602 11ac with bt 4.2.. thanks
Wouldn’t it be a better idea to disable the Intel wireless fully and use the BCM43602 in windows as well as in macos?

The only way you could do what your asking is to create a ssdt to block out the Intel wireless fully in MacOS or to disable it in the bios and enable it again when you wanna use it.

Blizzard.Wind

AMD OS X Member
Wouldn’t it be a better idea to disable the Intel wireless fully and use the BCM43602 in windows as well as in macos?

The only way you could do what your asking is to create a ssdt to block out the Intel wireless fully in MacOS or to disable it in the bios and enable it again when you wanna use it.
Hello thank you for replying to me, well I put my old efi 0.6.9 into the disk and now it works but four 2.0 usb ports are disabled along with intel wifi.. anything above intel wifi/bt is disabled basically.... well the reason is because I want to use bt 5.0 rather than 4.2... and there is a bug when I log in win... there is not wifi for a while that make me need to log in uplay each time... and this is not seldomly... every time... so yeah. you said I need to create ssdt I don't know how lol... hackintosh really not for newb like me... so complicated... but I made my hackintosh as my student work.. all files are in mac os while for win is purely for gaming and personal use... so if you could help me create ssdt (not like literally making ssdt rather than show how to assign the intel wifi( to disable intel wifi/bt only that'd be great but if you don't that's okay cause you help newbs like a lot enough. again I'm so thankful that you are here to guide us

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello thank you for replying to me, well I put my old efi 0.6.9 into the disk and now it works but four 2.0 usb ports are disabled along with intel wifi.. anything above intel wifi/bt is disabled basically.... well the reason is because I want to use bt 5.0 rather than 4.2... and there is a bug when I log in win... there is not wifi for a while that make me need to log in uplay each time... and this is not seldomly... every time... so yeah. you said I need to create ssdt I don't know how lol... hackintosh really not for newb like me... so complicated... but I made my hackintosh as my student work.. all files are in mac os while for win is purely for gaming and personal use... so if you could help me create ssdt (not like literally making ssdt rather than show how to assign the intel wifi( to disable intel wifi/bt only that'd be great but if you don't that's okay cause you help newbs like a lot enough. again I'm so thankful that you are here to guide us
I use my BCM94360NG for windows, Linux and MacOS (I removed my Intel card and replaced it with the BCM94360NG) and there’s no problem at all wifi and Bluetooth wise in any OS.
5.0 Bluetooth really doesn’t make that much difference depending on why your using it. If it’s for headsets and controllers while gaming then I wouldn’t worry about it one bit.
It might be lagging to connect for you in windows because your not using the right drivers or maybe because you have both cards enabled.

On the flip side I guess I could have a pop at making you a ssdt but I would need a copy of your IO Reg to do it and even then I might fail cos it’s hard for me to do it blind. Il give it a crack for you if you like though….lol
Guide wise if you want to do it yourself there’s not one that I know of but thinking about it you could use the same method that you use to block out a NVidia GPU from MacOS you just turn off a different slot connected to your Intel wireless card.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.