AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No can do,
firstly resize bar is a no no in macOS and secondly and most importantly I have above 4g disabled for a very good reason.
Gigabyte boards have a serious flaw when it’s enabled and your frame rate jumps right down to badly to leave it on.
Talk to gigabyte if you want It fixed or enable it and remove the boot argument if you don’t mind your card running at half the frame rate it normally does, (benchmarking doesn’t reveal the problem but real gaming does big time)

As it clearly states on page one of my thread that you must of missed or not read.

IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS. I HAVE DISCOVERED A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE GIGABYTE BIOS EFFECTING THE GPU PERFORMANCE AND THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT WAS TO DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS AND TO ADD THE BOOT ARGUMENT npci=0x2000 TO THE CONFIG.PLIST.
Hi, does the gpu problem affect vidéo editing ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi, does the gpu problem affect vidéo editing ?
Good question, I’m not sure if it does but in games like say rocket league for example with above 4g disabled I hit the frame limit of 250fps but with it enabled the average FPS drops down to around 100fps. I have tested with various games and gpus and the problem was serious enough for me to take the action that I did to the EFI and put up warnings on here.
this problem is unique to gigabyte, if you look on the gigabyte beta bios forum your see people screaming about this.
side note, with the resizebar enabled the FPS go back to normal on a 5700xt but then you can’t boot into macos as there’s no support for SAM In Big Sur.
Well done gigabyte I say...lol...if you look in my signature you well may notice the board I’m using in no longer a gigabyte one..whoops!

New thread and EFI coming soon!

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Welcome to Asus :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

dijimet

AMD OS X Member
Good question, I’m not sure if it does but in games like say rocket league for example with above 4g disabled I hit the frame limit of 250fps but with it enabled the average FPS drops down to around 100fps. I have tested with various games and gpus and the problem was serious enough for me to take the action that I did to the EFI and put up warnings on here.
this problem is unique to gigabyte, if you look on the gigabyte beta bios forum your see people screaming about this.
side note, with the resizebar enabled the FPS go back to normal on a 5700xt but then you can’t boot into macos as there’s no support for SAM In Big Sur.
Well done gigabyte I say...lol...if you look in my signature you well may notice the board I’m using in no longer a gigabyte one..whoops!

New thread and EFI coming soon!
Yes, super news from you. I have Asus x570-E. I will wait your new EFI and thread.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yes, super news from you. I have Asus x570-E. I will wait your new EFI and thread.
It’s a awesome board. By far my favourite of all the X570 motherboards out there.
Asus boards are definitely a little more tricky then gigabyte boards to lock down with macOS but I like a challenge and I’ve almost nailed it now.

Hats off to gigabyte though for making there boards so Hackintosh friendly be it a Z390 or a X570.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I found it with the X570-I straight forward as with the ASRock X570 ITX, didn't encounter many issues. Looking forward to reading up on your experiences with the X570-E and how it compares.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I found it with the X570-I straight forward as with the ASRock X570 ITX, didn't encounter many issues. Looking forward to reading up on your experiences with the X570-E and how it compares.
Getting it to work was as simple as anything, fine tuning it was abit more involved then on any gigabyte hacks I’ve done. I like that though as it’s all part of the game for me, if it was all super straight forward then that would be boring...lol

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Another reason for choosing AMD over Intel I guess :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

z-plane

AMD OS X Member
hrm, this complicates things.
Every single Asus board I ever bought had issues, no BS, 'every single one'.
On Asus Australia they have 3 x Asus X570-E, compare all 3 and I don't see one single specification difference.
Look on the ROG site again 3 model Asus X570-E, all the spec exactly the same. What tha...beep??

In recent years an Asus Z87, none of the USB ports would charge an iPhone, even the advertised Super Power Fast charge USB ports.
Went through RMA 3 times with replacement boards, none of them worked, tried beta firmwares, nothing worked, Asus gave up in the end.
Went through exactly the same thing with the Z97, only bothered with 2 RMA.
Had 2 GPU's in each of those boards, they both refused acknowledge the single LCD monitor connected to the GPU in the Slot 1, that centre monitor was ignored. Either the left or the right monitor connected to the second GPU in the last PCIe slot was recognised and always switched between each other, you know the monitor that post and BIOS info was displayed on, always randomly switched, so painful. Asus blamed NVidia, NVidia blamed Asus...Oh my...what.

Have an ASUS Z490 can't even remember now exactly but updated the BIOS to the then current version and some hardware things stopped working, had to revert back to old bios to gain functionality back...wow that company has a very poor record of releasing functional products, sure after a year of BIOS updates they may get it right, but I don't pay to be test mule.

Suppose similar situation with a Gigabyte board back in 2001/2002, the Promise raid controller never worked, corrupted the disks every time, same deal RMA new board, beta BIOS testing...meh, they never got that working either.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@z-plane Me changing boards doesn’t need to complicate things, it just opens up a new Thread and EFI, This thread will keep going and the EFI will stay up to date so theres no issues on that front. Support won’t drop for the pro and ultra. (I still support my old Intel builds over at insanely Mac and keep them up to date)
Its all good buddy.

z-plane

AMD OS X Member
Oh ok, I thought you’d abandon the good work you’ve accomplished.
so the ASUS will be in the name of science 😌

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
F33f

1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.1
  2. Improve L3 cache performance on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Improve USB 2.0 devices stability and compatibility

xkrw

AMD OS X Member
Good afternoon, Be kind, tell me please. How hot is the system? I have a B550 AORUS PRO AC + 5600x, but the sound does not work with it. I'm thinking of replacing it. But I have a question about the temperatures in the vrm zone? Should I change or not? 40A 14 Phase vs 50A 14 Phase? And the second question, the 5600x has two matrices, does it affect the patches and the operation of the system?
By the way, I am the owner of another system Aorus Z390 Pro, 9600k, 5500xt 8gb :) so maybe I'll follow you) Sorry for the English.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Can you share efi for auros x570 elite ?
i haven’t got a EFI for the elite ready made but you just use the EFI on page one and then disable the USBMap.kext and that’s it. The Efi will then work on a elite. The only thing you will need to do after that is remap usb but you don’t have too as it will work as is.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
i haven’t got a EFI for the elite ready made but you just use the EFI on page one and then disable the USBMap.kext and that’s it. The Efi will then work on a elite. The only thing you will need to do after that is remap usb but you don’t have too as it will work as is.
Only change serial, rom, ecc ? I must remove also airport kext (I don’t have native wifi and Bluetooth). All ssdt are ok for my board?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Good afternoon, Be kind, tell me please. How hot is the system? I have a B550 AORUS PRO AC + 5600x, but the sound does not work with it. I'm thinking of replacing it. But I have a question about the temperatures in the vrm zone? Should I change or not? 40A 14 Phase vs 50A 14 Phase? And the second question, the 5600x has two matrices, does it affect the patches and the operation of the system?
By the way, I am the owner of another system Aorus Z390 Pro, 9600k, 5500xt 8gb :) so maybe I'll follow you) Sorry for the English.
My system isn’t hot. VRMs, cpu and board are all running well within there limits.
Vrms are a non issue on most x570 boards other then a bad few.
Phasing doesn’t really matter as you won’t get any more of a overclock no matter how many phases you have on a AMD build. No matter what motherboard I put my 5900x on the overclock results end up exactly the same. This is AMD dude not Intel...lol

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Only change serial, rom, ecc ? I must remove also airport kext (I don’t have native wifi and Bluetooth). All ssdt are ok for my board?
Exactly yes, airportfixup is disabled as standard on the EFI and all the SSDTs are correct for all the Aorus range. 👍

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.