AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I downloaded you’ve latest config on page 1, a few minutes ago and noticed openhfs still there ,
That’s 0.6.6, im not gonna do a incremental update just for that when on the whole it works fine on our X570 builds. That’s just pointless.
I will however swap it back in 0.6.7 like I have it now on my drive.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 Could you do a test for me please and disable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext from the plist and keep it that way and see if you get any misbehaviour and report back to me after a few days or before the end of this month for longer test time and let me know how it goes?
I’m doing exactly the same thing over here and have been all this week and I have nothing bad to report. 👍

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@svan71 Could you do a test for me please and disable AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext from the plist and keep it that way and see if you get any misbehaviour and report back to me after a few days or before the end of this month for longer test time and let me know how it goes?
I’m doing exactly the same thing over here and have been all this week and I have nothing bad to report. 👍
what types of misbehavior should I be on the outlook for ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
what types of misbehavior should I be on the outlook for ?
The horrible obvious ones like Kernel panics, failed boots or anything else really. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’ve doing cold boots and restarts on a cycle, I’m up to 39 now..lol...going all the way to 100.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I’ve doing cold boots and restarts on a cycle, I’m up to 39 now..lol...going all the way to 100.
ok I just did it and booted up just fine. I will keep you posted bud.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
ok I just did it and booted up just fine. I will keep you posted bud.
Awesome thank you, just use it as normal and I will crush my system with restarts and cpu stress after that...lol
My poor system...😂

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Awesome thank you, just use it as normal and I will crush my system with restarts and cpu stress after that...lol
My poor system...😂
No problem glad to help. Something trivial that has bothered me maybe you can tell me what Im doing wrong. At the picker screen my icons are small (4k) any resolution I choose to change the size just ends up with huge icons. Any change I make has no effect. If I leave on max they are tiny any change = huge. ???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.34.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 4.34.04 PM.png
    92.9 KB · Views: 7

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Something trivial that has bothered me maybe you can tell me what Im doing wrong. At the picker screen my icons are small (4k) any resolution I choose to change the size just ends up with huge icons. Any change I make has no effect. If I leave on max they are tiny any change = huge. ???
Use plist pro or Xcode to edit your configs. Do NOT use yucky configurators as they always mess things up.
you can try forcing the resolution.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Big Sur 11.2.2
Screenshot 2021-02-25 at 19.21.10.png

Its safe to update. (y)

Last edited:

z-plane

AMD OS X Member
Hey AudioGod, propa build project mate, big up ya chest!
I'm considering this Ryzen/X570 system as an option in the near future, maybe IDK yet.
The two issue's i'd like to ask, because i've not read all the thread and you'd be more familiar with the conversations with others.

1-Intel WIFI/BT. I see some Aorus X570 models have Intel WIFI/BT built in. I see a link to some kernel extensions so it may work, IDK if the built in is reliably doing AirDrop or if any users have experience with these, I not see many conversations. I see you use a PCIe card for WIFI so I appreciate you don't have direct experience with the Intel WIFI/BT chipset, but have you read about anyone using the Intel WIFI/BT and maybe point me to a few conversations to read up about it? AirDrop between my iPad, iPhone and Mac is important. When I bought my Asus PRIME Z490M-PLUS for Windows only I did consider a model with the Intel WIFI/BT but at that time there wasn't any macOS kernel extensions so know one had it working in a hack.

I have a few PCIe cards (Lynx AES16e, ATTO UL5D Ultra320 SCSI, BCM4360 WIFI) my Radeon RX 580 GPU needs to be in the bottom slot of my current Z97 MATX board otherwise in the GPU slot 1 it blocks PCIe slots 2 that prevents 1 PCIe card from being installed. So I think If I can get a board with built in WIFI/BT I can save a PCIe slot.

2-Sleep. I read a bit about it not working a while back, is there still no solution to putting the machine to sleep and waking up reliably?

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
2-Sleep. I read a bit about it not working a while back, is there still no solution to putting the machine to sleep and waking up reliably?
Sleep & Wake-up works perfectly fine here with the EFI provided by @AudioGod.

As to the Bluetooth & WiFi issues I can’t really say much, because I don’t use them. The Bluetooth switch in the Control Center on Big Sur is constantly on, and I cannot turn it off. Trying to connect AirPods worked, but they disconnect immediately. That said, I don’t really care much about these two things, and the best option for me would be to disable Bluetooth & WiFi in the EFI altogether. YMMV, maybe there’s somebody here who also relies on these and can share some experiences.

I think it was at some point possible to use AirDrop without WiFi, but Bluetooth is certainly necessary, and I’m unsure if it’s still possible to change the User Defaults for AirDrop without WiFi on Big Sur.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@z-plane Nice one buddy, thanks for the kind words and don’t worry I go on like I wear a bullet proof vest... :ROFLMAO:

To Answer your two questions quickly as I’m at work now.
  1. The intel WiFi works but it is a work in progress and has problems, it’s slow, Apple Watch unlock doesn’t work and nor does airdrop, big no on that front but in time the Devs of the kext will nail it. (They have come along way in the last few months) I prefer using a pcie WiFi card myself plus its native. You can remove the Intel card and replace it with a Broadcom one instead. This is the best option if you want a fully working native Bluetooth and wifi card.
  2. Sleep is a non issue on my build using High Sierra or higher. The only thing that doesn’t work is SideCar, Everything else is working 100% like it should do.

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
That is one very weird problem you have happening to you over there. Totally not normal and I’ve never seen or heard of anything like that happen before to anybody so I’m scratching my head somewhat trying to work out whats happened.
Yes, absolutely. I’ve the feeling that this problem is a classic PEBKAC, but I really can’t find the root issue of it all ;)
Il make a little list of things for you to try, most of them you have probably already tried but in case there’s something i say that you haven’t then give it a go and see if it helps.
In no particular order......
Thanks! These explanations greatly help me debug my machine and come forward.
  • Reset your nvram
  • Reset your Bios
  • Update your Bios to F33c (this is the most hard of a nvram reset you can do plus it’s worth it for agesa 1.2.0.0)
I didn’t even bother resetting BIOS & NVRAM, and went straight to updating the BIOS from F32 to F33c. Unfortunately this didn’t change my sound situation. And huge thanks for the info with 4G BTW. The Vanilla guide states otherwise, but performance with 4G enabled is just ridiculous on these boards. These X570 boards should be in the official guide in my opinion, because after re-reading Vanilla for several times I still have the impression that the guide tells its readers otherwise.
  • Clear your cache and repair your permissions (your need to disable SIP in the config.plist before you do so)
I already tried this a couple of times, but it looks fishy to me. I don’t have a comparison to a working clear cache & repair permission, but it looks like SIP would still be enabled on my machine:
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.42.18 AM.png
Here is the relevant part from my config.plist:

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.45.34 AM.png

I’m not sure if I shouldn’t add csr-active-config to the NVRAM->Delete dictionary (according to Vanilla probably yes)?

And here’s some Terminal output:

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.41.31 AM.png

When I try to execute the same commands with sudo on the Terminal, I get the same errors. Looks like a SIP misconfiguration to me.
  • Remove your big Navi and put your 730 on the top slot making GPU0 then if it works move your big Navi under it
This will be my last resort, as I have little room in the case, and moving stuff around would cause a higher thermal strain on the components, which I would love to mitigate. I’m also not sure if this will help at all, because it worked for a short time with the same hardware configuration. I still think this may be rather in software (configuration) than hardware, but I’m not sure. I’ll try everything to get that sound working.
  • Try changing from 29 to 1 and if that works then try 16 or 7
I think this will be the last step before changing the PCIe slot / removing one GPU. I’m suspicious here that sound already worked with 29.
Other things are, If your using smbios 1,1 like I have it set then you 100% need the XHC-SSDT name changes. The gigabyte boards use XHC1 as standard and this conflicts with smbios 1,1 as it has a predefined map inside it using XHC1, this is bad and we don’t want this at all. You should be using my EFI as is but with your own personal USBMap.kext. I would do that again if I was you brother. I made that XHC SSDT specifically for the Aorus boards so it’s correct to use for your x570 master too.
Yes, I use iMacPro1,1. I basically try to leave your EFI as untouched as possible, because it works so great. The first time I did this I took your EFI, generated new IDs, added my SSDT-GPU-DISABLE, and I was good to go. There were no other changes on my side to your EFI. This worked flawlessly with sound when I did it for the first time. I didn’t even create a custom USBMap.kext.

That said, I always use the SSDT-XHC, because it’s part of your EFI.

During my debugging sessions a couple of days later I tried several additional things as mentioned in my previous post, and one of them was to create a custom USBMap.kext. I’m not sure if I did everything right, though. I launched the tool, let it create the DSDT, then selected all available controller ports, saved it & replaced the USBMap.kext in your EFI. There was also an option for rename, but from my limited understanding I don’t have to rename things there, because your SSDT-XHC already does it? The USBMap.kext is to adapt to a slightly different USB layout on the Aorus Master board? And if I just leave yours there, the worst thing that could happen would be USB issues like non-working ports or crashes on unplugging USB devices on my part? Or could a bad USBMap.kext affect sound in some way?
Don’t get a DAC though if it’s only because your internal audio isn’t working as it should be so we must fix and get it working again for you.
Hehe, OK, then I’ll try with internal audio until it works ;)
On the extreme side have you tried a clean install? I know it’s a bit extreme but sometimes it’s the only way.
Time Machine back it all up and then wipe your drive and reinstall and then test and if all is well restore your time machine backup and it will be like nothing ever happened.
This doesn’t sound that extreme to me in my current situation. Something fishy is going on with my system, and the fact that your original EFI worked almost 1:1 with sound on my system, but now doesn’t even after I re-created it a couple of times, tells me that the issue is somewhere else. In addition I get strange SIP errors. I could solve this by booting Recovery, and tinkering around, but a clean install is a clean install, and I could exclude a lot of things as the root of my issue. The BIOS & its configuration can be certainly excluded as the cause for my issues now.
P.S About your Big Navi, There is a general belief that support in Big Sur will be coming to those cards soon however I am not one of those people who holds that same hope as a lot of others. I don’t think it is ever going to get supported unless Apple release one more Intel Mac, Theres a rumour that there’s a Intel MacPro refresh coming out in Q3 of this year but from what I know and have been told it’s not true so if that’s the case then Apple will not just add support for big Navi and I don’t believe they care about the end user in such a way that they would give support for the GPU so poeple who bought the current MacPro can upgrade it. Apple don’t play like that I’m afraid.
I hope I’m wrong as nothing would make me happier then being able to slap a 6800 XT in my system but I don’t think I am. :(
Don’t crush my hope, hahaha. Yeah, Apple’s platform shift will definitely lead to a hardware ecosystem where the GPUs will be supplied by Apple, but I’m not sure they are there, yet. The current M1 is an exceptional CPU, but it is for low-end hardware. The M1X / M2 looks promising even for professional use cases, and there are also enough rumors about Apple ditching AMD as a GPU vendor. So my hope is that Apple won’t finish a high-end system with an appropriate GPU this year, and that they will be forced to deal with AMD for another year or so to cater to their professional user base. Fingers crossed, let’s see. If this won’t happen, then I’ll probably get a 5700 once the prices are affordable again.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@chiefsucker I Dont beleave it’s possible to put a discrete gpu like a 5700xt etc etc along side a ARM based chip. That is never gonna work without a total redesign of the GPU or Apple silicon. They have zero intention of ever doing that I’m afraid mainly for the reason I just said but also because they are APPLE and want the walled garden to be as high as humanly possible.

M1 Apple silicon is a toy not professional, I have a MacMini M1 and worked on a MacBook Air all yesterday and some things rock and a lot things suck,..lol...great toy though and maybe one day it will be something great for real, I find it Beyond hilarious that people and (Paid) Reviewers hype it like they do. Benchmarks look great on it but they don’t paint the real picture as I’m sure you know.
Any Apple lovers reading this don’t get offended please...lolol,

Il leave it there as I’m doing to many things at once but il reply properly later buddy :)

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
I Dont beleave it’s possible to put a discrete gpu like a 5700xt etc etc along side a ARM based chip.
Then there’s really the only hope left, that Apple can’t deliver this year, and that they’ll be forced to do at least one last minor iMac Pro / Mac Pro upgrade. I only read that Apple is moving stuff around in the driver kext, and that some professional macOS software vendors had some vague references to Big Navi. That’s not a lot, but it’s something.

As a long-term Apple user I’m also amused by the hype last year around the M1, and it’s still going strong. Let’s say it this way: There is a good reason why people start to give their Mac mini devices to their children or spouses to do school / office work. Benchmarks are currently absolutely misleading, because we compare different CPU architectures, and they don’t really tell the true story. The 5950X is a beast :devilish: I think this is the fastest Mac you can currently get for CPU-heavy workloads.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Interesting, why would you have to redesign the GPU or AS? Adapt iBoot to handle UEFI GPUs probably, but other than that the GPU is just another PCIe device.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Interesting, why would you have to redesign the GPU or AS? Adapt iBoot to handle UEFI GPUs probably, but other than that the GPU is just another PCIe device.
Ones built to work off X86 tech and the other is Arm tech, it’s the same reason there’s no DGPU via thunderbolt on the M1 setups.
Im Sure they could force it to work like they have forced usb to work but like the usb on the M1 setups it will work like crap I bet.
Bare in mind this is just my personal opinion mixed with a bit of logic and tech know how.

A next way out would be for AMD to make a Bit of silicon made to work along side the arm tech but do you really think that’s ever gonna happen? Apple, Walled Garden all there way with no exception . Nahhhhh lol

chiefsucker

AMD OS X Member
I think the only thing really missing is either AMD or Apple porting the Radeon drivers to ARM. I don’t think Apple can do this, but they would have to adopt AMD’s drivers to Apple’s intricacies. Servers with ARM also start to get more serious for specific tasks, so there is a chance that AMD sees an opportunity to support their cards on the ARM architecture.

There probably won’t be an AMD GPU working with the M1 unified memory architecture, but I don’t see a reason why the current iGPU & dGPU architecture can’t continue to exist on ARM. If dGPUs would cease to exist in the Apple ecosystem, this would mean that the company is putting 100% of their focus into the consumer & lifestyle space, and I’m not so sure about it. Apple is still going strong in the creative industry, and I’m not sure it’s worth giving them up. Apple is the iPhone company, but a lot of other companies would love to have just one business like the Mac, because it’s so huge on its own.

That said, I wouldn’t bet on Big Navi being supported in Macs.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Now you see buddy this is where our views differ as I think Apple absolutely want to have everything including the GPU in-house now.
look at the M1X for example. 8 big cores, 4 little and 16 gpu cores. This is there aim and master plan to have it all there way and there way only. No more AMD, No more Intel and no more anybody else. They have enough blind Apple lovers now to do more or less what they want and the sheep will bah and follow blindly and with out question just like they always do. 🐵🙈🙊:ROFLMAO:

Also about your GPU driver theory. Find me one example of it being done be it via a arm PC, Phone or anything else. (Apart from the NVidia gpu that’s made for ARM specifically, that doesn’t count) it’s got to be a normal gpu that’s been pulled across and made to work on ARM. It’s been long enough now for it to have been done as ARM is hardly a new tech if you get what I mean.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.