AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I know you didn’t, I wanted to see if it was still the case using F33a and the latest windows drivers. I find it very strange indeed.
hopefully gigabyte fixes it asap

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
hopefully gigabyte fixes it asap
I bloody hope so the idiots...lol....in fairness though it doesn’t affect anything to disable the option and add a boot argument.
its hardly a big deal and good that I noticed it. I’ve already written to Gigabyte about it so let’s see what they have to say.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.6, 2nd February 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here.
https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest versions.
Changes made include,
  • AMD Patches Updated for Big Sur 11.3 Compatibility
  • Lilu 1.5.1
  • AppleALC 1.5.7,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.7,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.0
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.6 (Big Sur 11.2 Ready),
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • DRM For AppleTV is now fully working,
  • Laggy Keyboard while using OpenCanopy has been corrected,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
IMPORTANT BIOS CHANGE
  • Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Disabled

OPENCORE HAS CHANGED THE WAY THE BOOTSTRAP WORKS SO YOU WILL NEED TO RESELECT YOUR BIG SUR DISK (F12 DISK SELECT OR FROM WITHIN THE BIOS) AND THEN RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME, THIS IS VITAL.

IMPORTANT NOTE - PLEASE DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS. I HAVE DISCOVERED A SERIOUS FLAW IN THE GIGABYTE BIOS EFFECTING THE GPU PERFORMANCE AND THE ONLY WAY TO FIX IT WAS TO DISABLE ABOVE 4G DECODING IN THE BIOS AND TO ADD THE BOOT ARGUMENT npci=0x2000 TO THE CONFIG.PLIST.

Note 2 - I have decided to fully bypass OpenCore when booting into any other OS other then MacOS so now Windows and Linux no longer see your PC as a MAC and no parts of the ACPI, Patches, MacOS Details or anything else is loaded into any other OS.

Note 3 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 4 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.6. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

04/02/21 - I have done a small update to the 0.6.6 EFI adding new AMD Patches so its compatible with Big Sur 11.3.
If you downloaded the EFI before the 4th then download the new V2 EFI and replace the old one. This way you will have no problems using Big Sur 11.3 now in beta form or when its released officially.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.6 V2 - 04/02/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 066 EFI V2 040221.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
EXCELLENT ! Another great job, thank you so much my man. I learned the hard way to do the nvram reset :) But everything is working great.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
EXCELLENT ! Another great job, thank you so much my man. I learned the hard way to do the nvram reset :) But everything is working great.
Massive changes to the way the bootstrap works made it more vital then ever to reset the nvram before booting into this revision of OC.
In general though whenever you flip the EFI over to a new one make sure to reset that pesky NVRAM, Just make it a habit. (y)

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
now that i am dual booting, can i configure picker to use the last os I booted from as default? If I boot mac and I reboot it auto loads mac until I change my boot to windows then it auto boots windows until I switch. Basically I want it to auto pick the last os used.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
now that i am dual booting, can i configure picker to use the last os I booted from as default? If I boot mac and I reboot it auto loads mac until I change my boot to windows then it auto boots windows until I switch. Basically I want it to auto pick the last os used.
Control and Enter defaults whatever you select at the bootpicker, Auto select like in clover is a no go. I asked the OC Devs once if they would do that a long time ago and got blown right out...lol

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
Finally got all parts for my build.
Took both the Windows and macOS NVMe from my Intel hackintosh into the new one and and everything worked out of the box without reinstallation.
Just changed the EFI and did an cleanup of the clover stuff in macOS and a driver cleanup in windows.

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Hello AudioGod!

First, just let me say Thank You for all this great information (stuff I had to search everywhere for all in your post!).

I have an Aorus X570 xtreme. I've mapped out my USB ports, and for the most part what I've put together seems to work and be pretty stable. Sleep doesn't work and causes the system to sort of shutdown and then eventually I have to power off the PC. And that triggers Shutdown to stop working, but (and I haven't figured out the exact fix order of operation) when I clear nvram and load up my BIOS and save config (and change boot order which seems to get reset also on sleep), then shutdown starts working again. Interestingly, my choice of SSDTs, Kexts and config options seem different than yours which is why I hope to learn a lot studying your setup.

I'm going to attempt to use your configuration and EFI setup as a starting point to build one that, hopefully, works flawlessly on the Aorus xtreme. And maybe that will help folks with Aorus Master as well. I'll keep you updated on my progress, as I may have the occasional question for you if that's ok. I tend to like to do my own research and the rabbit holes that leads me down (as that's how I learn best).

But maybe we can get the whole AORUS X570 lineup of boards working in the long run.

If you have any first thoughts that come to mind that might help me, I'd be grateful. Otherwise thanks for your contributions to the community!

Thanks

CPU: Ryzen 3 3900X
Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X570 xtreme
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE LPX 128GB (4 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz = 128Gigs
GPU: AMD Ryzen 7 Pro
Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL
Water Cooled

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@UrbanLegend619 My EFI should work great with your board but I just checked the usb layout and it has 2 additional USB3 ports compared to the pro and ultra so you might want to disable my USBMap.Kext to start with and go from there.
Please do let me know how it works out for you. Every other X570 Aorus board works with my EFI so I see no reason why yours won’t too.
Good Luck :)

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
@svan71 Test concluded and the results are the same.

Above 4g Enabled.....

Above 4g Disabled.....

I have a 144hrz monitor so I'm capping the frame rate on rocket league too 144 frames and as you can see with above 4g enabled its around 100 fps but with Above 4g disabled and npci=0x2000 in the boot arguments im hitting my FPS cap. I can show you more examples but i think that sums it up nicely.

@Gigamaxx Sorry to bother you buddy but Have you ever heard of Above 4g Decoding effecting GPU performance in windows like this on any other motherboards by any chance or is this a unique Gigabyte trick?
Yes, the 4G and npci= argument for me I can do either. I guess some motherboard and CPU combos don’t like the 4G in MacOS. I can use it without any side effects as long as I dont use the npci argument. The same with CSM disable I can use it or not use it.

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
@UrbanLegend619 My EFI should work great with your board but I just checked the usb layout and it has 2 additional USB3 ports compared to the pro and ultra so you might want to disable my USBMap.Kext to start with and go from there.
Please do let me know how it works out for you. Every other X570 Aorus board works with my EFI so I see no reason why yours won’t too.
Good Luck :)
Thank you friend. I was hoping for this answer from you, and that there wasn't anything too crazy different between our Aorus boards. I'll give it shot and let you all know the results. Thanks!

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
@Gigamaxx
Try Smbios iMac19,1 its the only way i get my fury x to boot.

@AudioGod
🙏 big wei for you and all the work u did. i will never forget about it!
Thanks, I currently don’t have any issues with booting. The Dortania guide recommends like other guides to set bios to CSM disabled and 4G disabled. I can enable both without issues, or disable as well. I guess my point is that some people may need to disable for their particular motherboard or CPU setup.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Minor EFI Update, 04/02/21 Please Read,

I have done a small update to the 0.6.6 EFI adding new AMD Patches so its compatible with Big Sur 11.3.
If you downloaded the EFI before the 4th then download the new V2 EFI and replace the old one. This way you will have no problems using Big Sur 11.3 now in beta form or when its released officially.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.6 V2 - 04/02/2021

For all those downloading this EFI for the first time - Please make sure you read the notes on the original Update post at the top of this page or on the 1st page of this guide. Do not skip this part or you risk not being able to boot.

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 066 EFI V2 040221.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes, the 4G and npci= argument for me I can do either. I guess some motherboard and CPU combos don’t like the 4G in MacOS. I can use it without any side effects as long as I dont use the npci argument. The same with CSM disable I can use it or not use it.
It was never stated you could not enable 4G or npci= boot arg either or will work, disabling above 4G and enabling npci= boot arg gives better framerates when dual booting and gaming in Windows 10. I have the Pro Wifi board, 1.2 if CSM is enabled I can't boot mac os.

Gigamaxx

Donator
Donator
It was never stated you could not enable 4G or npci= boot arg either or will work, disabling above 4G and enabling npci= boot arg gives better framerates when dual booting and gaming in Windows 10. I have the Pro Wifi board, 1.2 if CSM is enabled I can't boot mac os.
I think the Dortania guides for AMD says to disable those. Like I said it may not be necessary for all users. Either way it’s hackintosh we should explore all options.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Enabling 4G is enough for most boards which is why it's in the guide. There are some boards that don't play well with the setting so npci is required instead or with it.
With some systems enabling 4G is fine for macOS but it can stop things on Windows working. It just depends on the board tbh.

highend

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing the EFI from Seoul Korea. I'm using an X570 Arous Elite motherboard and it works well. I am sorry that I could not use hardware acceleration because I recently replaced the GPU from RX580 to RX6800XT. Waiting for Apple's quick support.

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Hey! Quick update on my x570 XTREME. I'm using your minor updated EFI. Not without lack of effort, I still cannot seem to get sleep functioning. It goes to sleep but never comes back. It powers on (the fans, lights on the MB, etc., but never actually awakes). And then usually resets my BIOS if I don't hit the pull the plug quick enough.

I have a fully customized USB Map, with only a couple of ports I can't identify. I'm assuming they are unused USB headers on the MB. I've tried variations where I've not included the unknown ports, or that I have included and as different types (0,3,9 and 255). Doesn't help with sleep. All the outside USB ports (those on the case and back of MB) have been properly identified (many times just to be certain).

I've tried an additional kext, HibernationFixup with a "-hbfx-disable-patch-pci" arg value. Didn't help.

As far as BIOS settings, I started by Loading Optimized Defaults, tried your exact settings, played with 4G on/off (with alternating npci=0x2000) values. I couldn't tell the difference, but neither setting helped sleep. I've tried disabling Wake On Lan, and a bunch of other BIOS combinations that don't even come to mind at the moment. Right now I have your settings but with 4G disabled.

DIsplayPort vs HDMI didn't help. I even unplugged all my computer case USBs. I've tried other folks EFIs and still sleep no good for me. I've unplugged all devices except a simple keyboard/mouse combo, attempting to eliminate the possibility of a rogue device causing a problem.

I guess I'm throwing in the towel on sleep. It kills me because I'm a perfectionist and this ain't perfect. Lol. Hell, it's a desktop, I probably wouldn't use sleep anyway!

Having said that if anybody has ideas on sleep, or have the same MB as I do and has sleep working let me know. It would be nice to it's possible.

AudioGod, Thanks again. Next I want to verify like you did in your original post that all the other functionality is working, like FaceTime and iMessaging (I have tested some and they are working), AMD power tools I know are working. And maybe it's time to run some Cinebench and other benchmark tests. Then I think other than sleep (my issue not your EFI), we will know your EFI works flawlessly on the X570 XTREME as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.