AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JanHappy2000

AMD OS X Member
On my MacMini M1 Bluetooth is totally screwed, it drops out anything that’s connected to it after a random amount of time and I don’t think it can be fixed.
Do you use any USB-C Dongles/Docks with your MacMini? I had the same issues when using a Dell USB-C Dock with Ethernet. The interferences made the Bluetooth drop randomly once or 10 time/ a day.
Switched to a Thunderbolt 3 Dock and all problems went away...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Do you use any USB-C Dongles/Docks with your MacMini? I had the same issues when using a Dell USB-C Dock with Ethernet. The interferences made the Bluetooth drop randomly once or 10 time/ a day.
Switched to a Thunderbolt 3 Dock and all problems went away...
No I don’t buddy, I’m talking a direct connection between the mini and my wireless keyboard and mouse, AirPods Pro and Xbox Controller. If I have any devices attached to the USB ports or not doesn’t change the problem on my end.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
is there a place that offers paid support for help with efi? My z390 build is driving me insane. I cant get to load os screen I get a circle with a line through it and everything stops.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
is there a place that offers paid support for help with efi? My z390 build is driving me insane. I cant get to load os screen I get a circle with a line through it and everything stops.
Your trying to use smbios 19,1 I take it?
you could try my Z390 Master EFI minus it’s USBMap.kext and replace it with the good old injectallusb.kext and work from there.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Your trying to use smbios 19,1 I take it?
you could try my Z390 Master EFI minus it’s USBMap.kext and replace it with the good old injectallusb.kext and work from there.

awesome :) These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked ???

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
awesome :) These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked ???
Correct
check The notes on page one buddy, there’s a ton of info on there and throughout the thread.

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
I like to build a hackintosh based on your great work.
But i will use an Ryzen 5 5600x on the x570 aorus pro. Is there something CPU Powermangement specific which I need to adjust.
Till now I had only Intel based systems where you need something like Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh

Thank you for you help

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
MacOS power management does not work on AMD, it has to be disabled through an OC quirk. There is a dedicated kext that provides some basic power management for Ryzen though.

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
MacOS power management does not work on AMD, it has to be disabled through an OC quirk. There is a dedicated kext that provides some basic power management for Ryzen though.
ok thank you so its the same for different CPUs and I don't have to adjust it?
Whats the limitation of the basic power management? Does powersaving on an idle sytem and turbo core work?

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@alclonky you don't need to fully quote a post directly above.
Modern CPUs do basic power management by themselves anyway and CPB/PBO is controlled through the UEFI.
The AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext provides further switching to lower P-states, that can save some 8 Watts or so in idle power.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,
I like to build a hackintosh based on your great work.
But i will use an Ryzen 5 5600x on the x570 aorus pro. Is there something CPU Powermangement specific which I need to adjust.
Till now I had only Intel based systems where you need something like Piker-Alpha's ssdtPRGen.sh

Thank you for you help
To answer your question simply, Yes you can use my EFI with your 5600x or any other Ryzen CPU, it’s the motherboard that matters when using my EFI.

Last edited:

alclonky

AMD OS X Member
ok, thank you for clarification
I will report back when everything is up and running

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@svan71 Little tip, If you check HWINFO your notice the SOC voltage is way to high set on auto, go into the bios and manually set it to 1.050v or 1.1v as this is more where it’s meant to be. I have mine set at 1.080v giving me 1.050v steady voltage idol or under full load as reported by HWINFO. 👍

This isn’t a F33a problem as I noticed it about a week after I got my board.
What Ryzen CPU are you using again bud and are you overclocked in anyway?

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@svan71 Little tip, If you check HWINFO your notice the SOC voltage is way to high set on auto, go into the bios and manually set it to 1.050v or 1.1v as this is more where it’s meant to be. I have mine set at 1.080v giving me 1.050v steady voltage idol or under full load as reported by HWINFO. 👍

This isn’t a F33a problem as I noticed it about a week after I got my board.
What Ryzen CPU are you using again bud and are you overclocked in anyway?
Not overclocking yet, 5800x it's at 1.1 on auto.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Not overclocking yet, 5800x it's at 1.1 on auto.
Check your SOC again but not in the bios check it in something like HWINFO in windows.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
the way things are looking 0.6.6 will drop about the same time 11.2 drops :) I'm holding off on setting up Windows 10 dual boot because of your plans for 0.6.6.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
the way things are looking 0.6.6 will drop about the same time 11.2 drops :) I'm holding off on setting up Windows 10 dual boot because of your plans for 0.6.6.
Going by past OpenCore releases it’s normally around the 4th of the month give or take a few days.
If you want a beta version of my 0.6.6 EFI then your welcome to try it out but I don’t want to post it on the thread.
I reckon 11.2 will drop later today or around 6pm tomorrow (U.K. time)

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Going by past OpenCore releases it’s normally around the 4th of the month give or take a few days.
If you want a beta version of my 0.6.6 EFI then your welcome to try it out but I don’t want to post it on the thread.
I reckon 11.2 will drop later today or around 6pm tomorrow (U.K. time)
hows it coming along? I'm in no hurry i can wait until your done.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.