AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

igerry

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod @igerry must be using BCM94360NG coz it is the only wifi card works for motherboard with heat sink in IO area, but you might want to consider BCM94360CS and with a PCI-E adapter for a cheaper price, if you want to plug it in the PCIE slots.
BCM94360CS2 is 1.5cm higher than the intel one and BCM94360NG.
I made a hole on the plastic cover so it would go through the surface a little bit.
Not as ugly as I thought intially TBH.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Hello AudioGod, I am currently running Mojave (Clover) on Ryzen 5 3600 on Gigabyte AORUS X570 Itx, everything works fine, but I am looking to swap the CPU to Ryzen 7 5800x, however I tryied once on my 3600, using my old Cover boot, the latest BIOS(F31q) didn't boot, so then I switch to OC 0.6.4. , under BIOS F10 it booted fine, but once I update to F31q, it failed to boot.
I am wondering if you could tell me what should be done to run the series 5000 on Mojave, on BIOS F31q, if using OC 0.6.4.
Here is my setup:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Mobo: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Itx (F31q)
Grapgic: Radeon Rx vega 56
And attached is EFI file I am using for OC 0.6.4

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 10

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello AudioGod, I am currently running Mojave (Clover) on Ryzen 5 3600 on Gigabyte AORUS X570 Itx, everything works fine, but I am looking to swap the CPU to Ryzen 7 5800x, however I tryied once on my 3600, using my old Cover boot, the latest BIOS(F31q) didn't boot, so then I switch to OC 0.6.4. , under BIOS F10 it booted fine, but once I update to F31q, it failed to boot.
I am wondering if you could tell me what should be done to run the series 5000 on Mojave, on BIOS F31q, if using OC 0.6.4.
Here is my setup:
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
Mobo: Gigabyte AORUS X570 Itx (F31q)
Grapgic: Radeon Rx vega 56
And attached is EFI file I am using for OC 0.6.4
Hi Buddy,
im not in front of my Hack at the second but will take a look when I get back home.
In the mean time grab my EFI on page one and try using it as it should be perfect for your build.
Other people with your board are using my EFI with pure success.
If your using the onboard WiFi then there’s also the correct USBMap.kext for you on here if you go back a page and look. :)

lastly grab the finished bios F31 not beta and use that, it’s not on the gigabyte site yet but you can grab it from here.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Hi Buddy,
im not in front of my Hack at the second but will take a look when I get back home.
In the mean time grab my EFI on page one and try using it as it should be perfect for your build.
Other people with your board are using my EFI with pure success.
If your using the onboard WiFi then there’s also the correct USBMap.kext for you on here if you go back a page and look. :)

lastly grab the finished bios F31 not beta and use that, it’s not on the gigabyte site yet but you can grab it from here.
Hello buddy, thanks for your quick reply, I tried once used your EFI(without the usb kext), it work with F10(or F11), but once I update to official F31q, it didn’t boot either. Also i swapped the original WiFi card to Broadcom BCM94350ZAE so the Bluetooth and Airdrop works perfectly when on clover. But after I switch to OC, when I used the USB next from your EFI, it won’t boot even under bios F10, the whole OC boot is still new to me since I build the Hackintosh on clover. But the whole process is interesting to me, I am still waiting for the new cpu to come, and I am not in the hurry to fix it, so take your time and maybe we could do some experiment for the rest the forum with similar situation.Again, thank you very much ~

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello buddy, thanks for your quick reply, I tried once used your EFI(without the usb kext), it work with F10(or F11), but once I update to official F31q, it didn’t boot either. Also i swapped the original WiFi card to Broadcom BCM94350ZAE so the Bluetooth and Airdrop works perfectly when on clover. But after I switch to OC, when I used the USB next from your EFI, it won’t boot even under bios F10, the whole OC boot is still new to me since I build the Hackintosh on clover. But the whole process is interesting to me, I am still waiting for the new cpu to come, and I am not in the hurry to fix it, so take your time and maybe we could do some experiment for the rest the forum with similar situation.Again, thank you very much ~
Did you input your details into the EFI (serial, uuid and mlb)?
the new firmware I sent you is the official release of F31, F31q is beta and abit messed up.
do you have RC scripts installed via clover, if you do you need to get rid of it or Oc won’t work.
have you tried putting the EFI onto a Big Sur USB install drive and seeing if you can get to the first page of the installer?
if you can then the problem is within your instal on your drive.
also are you using the settings I have laid out for the bios on page one?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Did you input your details into the EFI (serial, uuid and mlb)?
the new firmware I sent you is the official release of F31, F31q is beta and abit messed up.
do you have RC scripts installed via clover, if you do you need to get rid of it or Oc won’t work.
have you tried putting the EFI onto a Big Sur USB install drive and seeing if you can get to the first page of the installer?
if you can then the problem is within your instal on your drive.
also are you using the settings I have laid out for the bios on page one?
a. I did input my detail based on your EFI config.plist, but still, the problem is F31q didn't work while F10(or F11) works.
b. all the modification I did was based on the old 3600(which I have sold since I have bought the new one), but currently I am still waiting for the new one to arrive, so I will update the BIOS you sent (thank you again) once plug in the new CPU and try out the config.
c.I didn't install RC script ( actually I don't know what that is, but after google, I don't think I have used it before.), but when I swap the clover EFI with the OC EFI, the basic booting works fine(under BIOS F10),
d. One of my wish is to stick with Mojave since it works better with my sofeware work flow, so I didn't tried updating the OS, but maybe I have to?
I also suspected that maybe the config doesn't work with my system(Mojave) as well.
e.I did used the setting according to your BIOS setting, but in my case, it works under F10, not F31q.
My current confusions are :
1. Do I need to update to BIOS F30( or further) to run ryzen5000? Because in my case, with ryzen 5 3600, opencore 0.6.4, under BIOS F10(or F11), everything is ok.
2. Once update to BIOS F30(or further), on opencore0.6.4, what configs should be modified to run the 5000series( I think this is also the question lots of hackintoshers are interested in, since the 5000series are really great)
3. In order to run Ryzen5000, is there a OS limitation? For example, they can only be run after Catalina?
Thank you AudioGod again for the paitience, and I will try further once get my hands on the 5800x.

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
@ck_zheng If you can boot to the first page of the installer via a usb install key then it’s more then likely that you need to clean your boot drive of all clover clutter.
follow this little guide to do just that. :)
I also saw this tutorial, but when I successfully booted (ryzen5 3600,BIOS F10) after swap the OC EFI, I didn't bother to clean up the old clover, but perheps I should do it, to finish the whole transition.
I will update my situation here once plug in the new cpu, but I also suspect that I would be able to even boot in the system.
Thank you and I will that you know.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I also saw this tutorial, but when I successfully booted (ryzen5 3600,BIOS F10) after swap the OC EFI, I didn't bother to clean up the old clover, but perheps I should do it, to finish the whole transition.
I will update my situation here once plug in the new cpu, but I also suspect that I would be able to even boot in the system.
Thank you and I will that you know.
Update your bios from F31q to F31, F31q is full of bugs that have been fixed in F31 official release.
if your worried about the link I sent you then get it from here instead.
it’s all official buddy.
i have not tested the EFI with Mojave only Cat and Big Sur but I see no reason why it wouldn’t work.
again the best test you can do now is using a usb installer and see if you can load into the first instal page. You don’t need to install it, your just testing to see if it works. Nothing will be harmed during the test bud.
You Would have to ask @Shaneee about the 5000 series working on older versions of MacOS but again I see no reason why it wouldn’t work with he’s patches.

When your testing with my EFI don’t make any changes to it other then disabling the usbmap.kext in the config.plist and adding your details. That’s it nothing else and see. (That’s if you wernt doing that to start with)

Dont worry anyway, We will get you up and running and I’m sure shanee will chime in when he sees this too. 👍

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
There's no reason that 5000 series wouldn't work on 10.13.x onwards. They use the current Ryzen patches as is and as long as you've got the fixed OC 0.6.4 it'll work.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
There's no reason that 5000 series wouldn't work on 10.13.x onwards. They use the current Ryzen patches as is and as long as you've got the fixed OC 0.6.4 it'll work.

That’s what I thought too, Thank you buddy :)

@ck_zheng Just to add, The 5000 and 3000 series use the same setup via OpenCore, no changes needed quirk or setup wise.
The only real rule is to make sure your using F30 or newer bios wise.
My EFI is setup for a 3000 or 5000 series using bios revision F30 or higher out of the box With absolutely no changes needed other then the ones I’ve told you to do.

Last edited:

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
That’s what I thought too, Thank you buddy :)

@ck_zheng Just to add, The 5000 and 3000 series use the same setup via OpenCore, no changes needed quirk or setup wise.
The only real rule is to make sure your using F30 or newer bios wise.
My EFI is setup for a 3000 or 5000 series using bios revision F30 or higher out of the box With absolutely no changes needed other then the ones I’ve told you to do.
Thanks AudioGod and @Shaneee, it's great to know that 5000series should work on these similar AMD parts and Mojave, I have my bootable USB prepared, will update the siuation here once I try it out.
Thanks all for the help~

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks AudioGod and @Shaneee, it's great to know that 5000series should work on these similar AMD parts and Mojave, I have my bootable USB prepared, will update the siuation here once I try it out.
Thanks all for the help~
Good Luck Buddy. (y)

paxy455

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod,
I am trying to use your EFI package with my System: X570 Aorus Master, 5950x, RX560
I have only a windows pc and tried to create a USB stick with the official OC guide - now I have the com.apple.recovery.boot and EFI folder (yours) on my stick.
Changed the relevant settings in BIOS (i guess) - but I just cant get the first page of the OC menu...
Is it maybe needed to make a usb installer stick with MacOS?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi AudioGod,
I am trying to use your EFI package with my System: X570 Aorus Master, 5950x, RX560
I have only a windows pc and tried to create a USB stick with the official OC guide - now I have the com.apple.recovery.boot and EFI folder (yours) on my stick.
Changed the relevant settings in BIOS (i guess) - but I just cant get the first page of the OC menu...
Is it maybe needed to make a usb installer stick with MacOS?
Hiya,
I have actually never tried to make an installer via windows myself as I’ve always had access to MacOS but I know of many people that have and yeah it can be a little more tricky but still very doable.
just make sure you follow the OC guide step by step by step and you should be fine.

Ive not tried my EFI with a X570 Master, In theory it will work to a degree but your need to add a kext to get the faster ethernet port working and the usb mapping may not be correct.
Good Luck Buddy. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore EFI Update, 4th January 2021

The EFI has now been expanded and usb has been fully mapped to included the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra. No changes to the EFI are needed for any of the above boards, Just add your info and away you go. If you want to use the internal intel wifi and bluetooth combo card then make sure you download and instal the correct kexts from here.
https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest versions.
Changes made include,
  • AppleALC 1.5.6,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.6,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.5 (Big Sur 11.1 Ready),
  • OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons
  • SSDT-XHC has been rewritten and is now natively correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • USBMap is now universally correct for the X570 Pro, Pro Wifi and Ultra
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME,

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.
Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.5 - 04/01/2021

Attachments

• Gigabyte X570 Pro 065 EFI 040121.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Jaanuseonu

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

I've been using your EFI for a while, my Ryzen 9 5950X system is very stable, everything works including sleep/wake. Thank you!

Now I would like to use your ACPI USB patch SSDT-XHC and USBMap, I use X570 Aorus Master motherboard.
Should I change them as the USB layout will probably be a little different.

I also use Gigabyte RGB controller with liquidctl that uses internal USB. I exchanged the original Intel BT/Wifi card with BCM94360NG and it's used in the M2 socket now.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello!

I've been using your EFI for a while, my Ryzen 9 5950X system is very stable, everything works including sleep/wake. Thank you!

Now I would like to use your ACPI USB patch SSDT-XHC and USBMap, I use X570 Aorus Master motherboard.
Should I change them as the USB layout will probably be a little different.

I also use Gigabyte RGB controller with liquidctl that uses internal USB. I exchanged the original Intel BT/Wifi card with BCM94360NG and it's used in the M2 socket now.
Hiya,
I just had a good look at the USB layout and it looks correct to me and lines up the same as my patching by the look of it.
just enable SSDT-XHC and see but it should work correctly straight away.
If you enable USBMap.kext if should still be right but you might loose the rgb controller.
you can run without the kext though as I have setup SSDT-XHC to natively work with all the ports set up correctly.
I can’t guarantee It’s correct for the Master but I’m like 95% sure it will be.
Please do try and let me know buddy and confirm the layout for me or tell me it’s bad If it’s wrong.
Good luck and I look forward to hearing the results. :)

When you try it out could you take a screenshot of hackintool showing usb and have something connected to the rear usb-c and a usb device hooked in the front usb A case port and show me. Il know if the mapping lines up straight away and let you know.
do it with the usb.kext enabled and then it will list the ports making it even easier to spot if it’s right or wrong. 👍

Last edited:

Jaanuseonu

AMD OS X Member
One note.
I noticed that your SSDT-HC file under XHC has twice the ports 1PRT, 2PRT, 3PRT, 4PRT.
When I look at my original DSDT dump file then there is no double under this controller.

Is that correct or there is some error?

Attachments

• XHC.JPG
    XHC.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 8

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
One note.
I noticed that your SSDT-HC file under XHC has twice the ports 1PRT, 2PRT, 3PRT, 4PRT.
When I look at my original DSDT dump file then there is no double under this controller.

Is that correct?
Your looking at the io wrong brother.
there’s actually 2 controllers and one of them gets seen as two.
use IORegester to check XHC
when you check it that way you should see 3
im guessing your seeing XHC0 listing twice and XHC1
this is wrong for macOS and my XHC ssdt will split and rename XHC0 and also rename XHC1 as this name can’t be used without conflict.

p.s your showung me the usb2 rear hub that has 4 ports within it mapped virtually. (Not to be touched by us)

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.