AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Hmmmmmm, Ok try disabling SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and see if helps any on your side.
If your bios is up to date then I doubt it will make any difference but still it’s worth a try.
No difference. I think it’s a bios update problem.
two months ago I had hackintosh with f33a and no problem.
I ditched hackintosh, and updated the bios for windows problems. now that i have decided to reinstall big sur i have this problem (even with the same efi i put aside, which worked two months ago)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Good luck buddy, I hope you get to the bottom of it. 🤞

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Hey there!
I was inspired to try a such build but seems misunderstand or missed something important.
Mobo: Aorus x570 Pro rev 1.2
Bios: f33g
Video: Sapphire rx580 8gb
CPU: 5800x
NVME m.2 Evo 970
I pulled the archive and added platformInfo from genBios.
When select Install Big Sur I get Apple logo with progress indicator for 10-20 secs and then grey screen with mouse moving appear where should be the window with an installation process like language selection, but it is missing as top menu bar with Utilities, etc.
Googling doesn’t help. Sounds like I have to make something regarding the ACPI. Any guiding would be helpful. Thanks.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
If your using my EFI with your system spec then you shouldn't need to do anything other then what's laid out on page one.
read again and check your bios settings line up and make sure you remove the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.
just read page one and its all there bud.

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
4g is disabled and all BIOS settings are adjusted from Dortania's guide as well.
I even tried Big Sur 11.2.1 but the result is the same. Definitely I am missing something.
Probably your wise look could see the issue
1. Added Platform Information from GenSMBIOS(used iMac19,1)
2. Added ROM generated from the internet and entered as Data field(between <> angles).
3. Removed agdpmod=pikera from boot-args
Still no luck.
Does the log help to diagnose the issue? I don't believe that GPU is the cause because it works like a charm for my previous Catalina try with MSI board.

I am not that much experienced. Hope that number of ssd/hdd or m.2 inserted doesn't make difference for the install and in general doesn't affect the process. Since I am using only 1 NVME m.2 slot.

Update:
If I do not disconnect mouse and keyboard then the screen is black. Once I connect them I see a flick with Mac menu on the top and then the screen becomes grey.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb Incorrect smbios... 1,1 only. (19,1 is for headless igpu operation alongside a gpu and Intel specific And not to be used with AMD)
my EFI is setup for SMBios imacpro 1,1
take my EFI again and change nothing other then removing the boot argument agdpmod=pikera and add smbios detail for imacpro1,1 (serial number, UUID & MLB)
use my bios settings exactly as laid out on page one and forget about the Oc guide bios settings. They don’t really support AMD tbh mate.

You dont generate a mac address to add to the rom section, you add your real MAC address from either your ethernet port or your WiFi. (Your choice)

If you do what I just laid out exactly as I say then I guarantee you it will work just fine.

Last edited:

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
1. Generated SMBios values for iMacPro1,1.
2. Took mac address from mobo's BIOS from network menu and put it to ROM(just numbers).
3. Double checked from the first page BIOS settings. All are ok.
4. Double checked agdpmod=pikera is removed from boot args.
Still the black/grey screen :(

I totally understand that AMD is not the most supported cpu. But there was a hope to reuse the EFI and enjoy the surfing :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Clear your nvram and try again.
Also if you have multiple monitors connected then disconnect all bar one while your installing.
did you create you usb installer in macOS or windows?

Last edited:

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

After NVRAM reset the same thing happens to me mate. Only single monitor is connected during the installer's launch.

I created the usb installer from Mac OS using "modern" way with python script from OC guide with 11.2.3 Big Sur version.

I tried the old usb stick for MSI board and was able to get to the restore window where it was saying that "Couldn't start install with the stack trace". But Big Sur rejected to work.
I noticed one issue that after logo appears the progress is moving but at some point it flickers one time and progress is frozen. When trying Catalina stick do not face this issue. Looks like some patch is weird.

Shall I make a debug EFI and share the OC log? May be it could help.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Appreciate your suggestions. Thanks a lot!

After NVRAM reset the same thing happens to me mate. Only single monitor is connected during the installer's launch.

I created the usb installer from Mac OS using "modern" way with python script from OC guide with 11.2.3 Big Sur version.

I tried the old usb stick for MSI board and was able to get to the restore window where it was saying that "Couldn't start install with the stack trace". But Big Sur rejected to work.
I noticed one issue that after logo appears the progress is moving but at some point it flickers one time and progress is frozen. When trying Catalina stick do not face this issue. Looks like some patch is weird.

Shall I make a debug EFI and share the OC log? May be it could help.
It’s got nothing to do with my EFI I’m afraid and something your doing on your side.
to many users are using it with zero problems and in the words of Spock the needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few or the one. (Do you understand what I mean by that?)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb Il be free in a few hours and will sit down with you and work out what’s going on buddy.
give me some time and il get back to you :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Ok so if you put the EFI on to your Catalina install usb does it work?
if yes then it’s your big sur installer that’s borked mate as no changes are needed for the EFI to work with big sur or cat.

When you say you created the installer the modern way or so the guide calls it that It in fact the normal way to create a installer. (Download it from the App Store and then after you have formatted your usb drive you Use the terminal command sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Big\ Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume and that’s it)
Thats what you did right?

Last edited:

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Thats what you did right?
Yes!

I took another USB(2.0) and burned Bug Sur again. Now the issue is a bit different, the logo appears, but the progress indicator doesn't appear.
So then I took your EFI(with previous adjustments for Platform and boot-args) and turned on the verbose mode(AppleDebug, Target to 67, replaced the OC files openCore.efi, bootx64.efi and tools with debug version) I attach the log and the result where it freezes.

Attachments

• opencore-2021-04-02-132557.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021-04-02 16.48.23.jpg
    2021-04-02 16.48.23.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 4

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
What happens when you take the same EFI and place it in your Catalina installer?

Also what bios revision is your X570 Pro using?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sorry bro I’m still not infront of my build at the second so I can’t check your logs but I will as soon as I can.

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
Sure! You are the only person who can inspect the log and give an advise. Take your time :) I will be here) Meanwhile will try the fresh and the latest Catalina. Who knows may be it works. Fingers crossed!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sure! You are the only person who can inspect the log and give an advise. Take your time :) I will be here) Meanwhile will try the fresh and the latest Catalina. Who knows may be it works. Fingers crossed!
Its just to write off Big Sur installer really.
send me your config.plist as your using it minus your bios details

vlad.grb

AMD OS X Member
I just downloaded your zip archive from the 1 page and added values to PlatformInfo. In the attached file I omitted them. But took some from SMBios and Rom is taken from mobo BIOS.

Attachments

• Config.plist
    49.6 KB · Views: 1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@vlad.grb your still trying to use 19.1
this is not going to work with my EFI as my XHC SSDT and USBMap are not designed for the smbios.
Nor is using a AMD CPU on smbios 19.1. I have told you this already and I can't help it if your determined not to listen buddy...lol
anyway there is no where in the oc guide that it Evan recommends using 19.1 with a AMD CPU and I've already made it clear and explained why you shouldn't use it.
I will make u a mock up EFI now. don't change a single thing and just try it as is. I will add fresh details for you for the correct smbios for my EFI setup.
BRB

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.