AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks a lot buddy ~ But since my previous OS is Mojave, should I do any tweaks beased your EFI?
No don’t make any changes, it should be exactly the same for Mojave.
use a USB Mojave instal key instead of a big sur one.
my mind is programmed to think Big Sur first.....lol

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
No don’t make any changes, it should be exactly the same for Mojave.
use a USB Mojave instal key instead of a big sur one.
my mind is programmed to think Big Sur first.....lol
Hello Buddy, siwtch to the new EFI you did for me, however the same error is still happening, I think I will start with remaking the Bootable stick and if that doean't work, I will consider re-installing the whole thing and maybe upgrade to BigSur. Thank you very much, and I will update my situation here.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello Buddy, siwtch to the new EFI you did for me, however the same error is still happening, I think I will start with remaking the Bootable stick and if that doean't work, I will consider re-installing the whole thing and maybe upgrade to BigSur. Thank you very much, and I will update my situation here.
Good Luck Buddy :)

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Good Luck Buddy :)
A bit of progress: after frustration, when I almost decided to reinstall, and enter the install interface, I clicked on the Start disk( the one next to apple logo), selected the harddrive and restart, wola, everything back to normal !! Surprise surprise. And restart for several times now, most of the things are working, and I cleaned up all the clover mess right away. However, when I was using clover, everything including the Airdrop, Bluetooth, Wifi worked like native, but now they don't work any more, even with the internet cable plugged in, I don't have internet. @AudioGod Could you help me with that?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 01.46.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-03-03 at 01.46.16.png
    318.2 KB · Views: 18

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
A bit of progress: after frustration, when I almost decided to reinstall, and enter the install interface, I clicked on the Start disk( the one next to apple logo), selected the harddrive and restart, wola, everything back to normal !! Surprise surprise. And restart for several times now, most of the things are working, and I cleaned up all the clover mess right away. However, when I was using clover, everything including the Airdrop, Bluetooth, Wifi worked like native, but now they don't work any more, even with the internet cable plugged in, I don't have internet. @AudioGod Could you help me with that?
Airdrop Bluetooth and wifi do indeed work native if your using the correct card.
if your using the onboard Intel wifi card then you need to install drivers for it.
if it’s a Broadcom like I use then it should just work.
the only other thing I can think of is your instal must be messed up in some way. Using hackintool clear your cache and rebuild your permissions then once it’s done restart and reset the nvram at the bootpicker and boot back up and see if it kicks it in for you.

the ethernet drivers are installed it should be working. If not same thing as above.
Also don’t rule out your restarting your router.

@ck_zheng the kext I’m using for ethernet only works with Catalina or BigSur, you need to swap it over to this version for Mojave.
👍

Last edited:

ck_zheng

AMD OS X Member
Airdrop Bluetooth and wifi do indeed work native if your using the correct card.
if your using the onboard Intel wifi card then you need to install drivers for it.
if it’s a Broadcom like I use then it should just work.
the only other thing I can think of is your instal must be messed up in some way. Using hackintool clear your cache and rebuild your permissions then once it’s done restart and reset the nvram at the bootpicker and boot back up and see if it kicks it in for you.

the ethernet drivers are installed it should be working. If not same thing as above.
Also don’t rule out your restarting your router.

@ck_zheng the kext I’m using for ethernet only works with Catalina or BigSur, you need to swap it over to this version for Mojave.
👍
Finally everything fixed.
In my case, since I moved from clover to OC0.6.5( because so far I couldn't find tutorial supporting ryzen5000 under Bios F30 and later if using clover), and using Mojave( since 32bit works better for me, this also cause a slightly diference, ex.using SmallTree I211-AT patch 1.2.5 instead, Thanks @AudioGod for helping ), it caused some problems while adjusting the config. However, eventually it works like a charm. For the bluetooth problem, it's actually the similar problem I have come across when building under clover, if using Broadcom DW1280A like I did, you have to install BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (this kext works for 10.14 and older, for later version, I did found a link that has the tutorial about how to fix it https://blog.daliansky.net/DW1820A_BCM94350ZAE-driver-inserts-the-correct-posture.html , but sadly, it's only in Chinese)in the kext folder, and added the kernel in the plist(seen in screen shot). So in the end, in my case ryzen7 5800x also works under opencore0.6.5, in Mojave.
And here is my hackintosh specs:
Installed Operating Systems: Mojave 10.14.6
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X(4.6ghz,overclock) Motherboard:X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0)
RAM: 32GB DDR4 3333Mhz (overclock)
Graphics: Radeon RX Vega56 8G Cooling : Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 AIO
NVMe: 970 EVO 1TB
WI-FI With Bluetooth: Broadcom BCM94350ZAE 802.11AC 867Mbps Wireless DW-1820A BT 4.1 M.2 NGFF 0VW3T3​

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 3.png
    3.png
    570.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 4.png
    4.png
    292.7 KB · Views: 17

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@ck_zheng Awesome stuff buddy, Well Done.
Now your up and running you will need to make your own USBMap.kext for your X570 i Pro as the USB Layout is completely different to the X570 Pro and Ultra.
I anticipated this when I built your EFI for you and disabled the USBMap.kext that I use Because of this.
Its very easy to do now as one very smart dev has made a handy little tool to make it as easy as doing it on a Intel build.
Here you go just follow the link and complete your build. 👍

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Hi AudioGod, thans for your work. I have built my hackintosh with your EFi and everything is OK but with an X580 GPU but now I have decided to switch to a 5700xt ( like you) and I can´t boot, I have a black screen. You have a 5700xt and I have your EFI. What is the problem? I can not understand it. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 8

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi AudioGod, thans for your work. I have built my hackintosh with your EFi and everything is OK but with an X580 GPU but now I have decided to switch to a 5700xt ( like you) and I can´t boot, I have a black screen. You have a 5700xt and I have your EFI. What is the problem? I can not understand it. Any idea? Thanks in advance.
Make sure you have agdpmod=pikera in the boot arguments.
download my EFI again and just add your Serial number,MLB and UUID to it and it will work.
Theres one make of Navi GPU that doesn’t play well with macOS. I think it’s MSI 5700 XT but I’m not 100% sure.

Also make sure your using the latest bios for the Pro or Ultra (F31) and use the bios settings laid out on page one.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Some versions of the Installer had a bug that caused issues with MSI Navi cards.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Awesome thread thanks for all your hard work. I was wondering, what are the odds my X570 Aorus Master WiFI works with your EFI mainly the USB map.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome thread thanks for all your hard work. I was wondering, what are the odds my X570 Aorus Master WiFI works with your EFI mainly the USB map.
Thank you buddy, :)
It will work and by the look of it the mapping should be the same. Check with hackintool and see if the marked outputs line up with your x570 master and let me know the results.

Your need a kext for the second ethernet port but otherwise it should be fine.
lastly make sure your using the latest bios update (F31) and use the bios settings laid out on page one.

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Make sure you have agdpmod=pikera in the boot arguments.
download my EFI again and just add your Serial number,MLB and UUID to it and it will work.
Theres one make of Navi GPU that doesn’t play well with macOS. I think it’s MSI 5700 XT but I’m not 100% sure.

Also make sure your using the latest bios for the Pro or Ultra (F31) and use the bios settings laid out on page one.
Thanks for your help. My Mobo is ASUS ROG Strix X570-E and my GPU is PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 I have put the entry agdpmod=pikera and now it works but a new graphics entry has appeared ( Inject ATI= Yes ). It works fine but on starup I get a message that says OCS: No schema for Graphiscs at 3 Index, contet root. If I delete the entre inject ATi it won´t boot and if I put inject ATI=NO it won´t boot. Thanks in advance and excuse me for my poor english.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thanks for your help. My Mobo is ASUS ROG Strix X570-E and my GPU is PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 I have put the entry agdpmod=pikera and now it works but a new graphics entry has appeared ( Inject ATI= Yes ). It works fine but on starup I get a message that says OCS: No schema for Graphiscs at 3 Index, contet root. If I delete the entre inject ATi it won´t boot and if I put inject ATI=NO it won´t boot. Thanks in advance and excuse me for my poor english.
ATI=Yes in OpenCore?????
You have lost me I’m afraid Sorry As you shouldn’t need to do anything like that with that GPU.

Do you have the following set in your bios?
  1. Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  2. Resize BAR Suppot->Disabled
  3. CSM Support -> Disabled
  4. Set your PCIe Slots to Gen3
What I can tell you is my EFI is designed for Gigabyte Aorus Boards ONLY and more specifically the X570 Pro and Ultra, Anything else especially any other brands will be incorrect for a few reasons. TBH you should create all new SSDT’s, USB kext and XHC-SSDT as they are major time wrong for your setup.
Quirks might be slightly wrong compared to how you should personally have them with a X570-E too.

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you buddy, :)
It will work and by the look of it the mapping should be the same. Check with hackintool and see if the marked outputs line up with your x570 master and let me know the results.

Your need a kext for the second ethernet port but otherwise it should be fine.
lastly make sure your using the latest bios update (F31) and use the bios settings laid out on page one.
So far everything is working perfectly as planned. I have one question, I want a straight boot just with the apple logo is there a way for me to do that without screwing things up?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
So far everything is working perfectly as planned. I have one question, I want a straight boot just with the apple logo is there a way for me to do that without screwing things up?

Thanks in advance
If I remember correctly in the config.plist you set ShowPicker = No and PollAppleHotKeys = Yes

Thats great news to hear that it works right on the X570 Master but could you tell me about your usb please?
Are you using my Map and have you checked to make sure it’s correct via hackintool?
Could you show me a screenshot of the usb via hackintool with a usb storage drive connected to the front case USB port and something connected to the rear usb-c port?
if the mapping is correct then I will update my thread to include the master as well And you hold the answer to me doing this or not so no pressure...lol (joke).
Thanks Buddy

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If I remember correctly in the config.plist you set ShowPicker = No and PollAppleHotKeys = Yes

Thats great news to hear that it works right on the X570 Master but could you tell me about your usb please?
Are you using my Map and have you checked to make sure it’s correct via hackintool?
Could you show me a screenshot of the usb via hackintool with a usb storage drive connected to the front case USB port and something connected to the rear usb-c port?
if the mapping is correct then I will update my thread to include the master as well And you hold the answer to me doing this or not so no pressure...lol (joke).
Thanks Buddy
I should have updated my prior post, I went with the Pro, when I saw it had guaranteed compatibility. I want to be in the loop going forward and not on the fringe. I'm fortunate Micro Center is only 20 min away so I made the switch. I thought I would see how OpenCanopy was added and just remove it but there was a step regarding the resources folder that confused me.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I should have updated my prior post, I went with the Pro, when I saw it had guaranteed compatibility. I want to be in the loop going forward and not on the fringe. I'm fortunate Micro Center is only 20 min away so I made the switch. I thought I would see how OpenCanopy was added and just remove it but there was a step regarding the resources folder that confused me.

Everything is already setup concerning the resources folder and I use OpenCanopy as standard in my EFI Folder. If you want to hide it then You just do the settings I said and you can use a hot key to get to OpenCanopy if needed.

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
ATI=Yes in OpenCore?????
You have lost me I’m afraid Sorry As you shouldn’t need to do anything like that with that GPU.

Do you have the following set in your bios?
  1. Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  2. Resize BAR Suppot->Disabled
  3. CSM Support -> Disabled
  4. Set your PCIe Slots to Gen3
What I can tell you is my EFI is designed for Gigabyte Aorus Boards ONLY and more specifically the X570 Pro and Ultra, Anything else especially any other brands will be incorrect for a few reasons. TBH you should create all new SSDT’s, USB kext and XHC-SSDT as they are major time wrong for your setup.
Quirks might be slightly wrong compared to how you should personally have them with a X570-E too.
Yes, ATi=Yes and it work properly but I have decided to do with https://www.technolli.com/ and it is OK, work properly but I thinks is a "fast work" and I dont really know if is a perfect work for the money. Thanks so mucho for your help.

Nite_PHX

AMD OS X Member
Rebooting after setting network to DHCP during initial setup. Install is not finding Ethernet adapter. Created Mojave install thumb drive. Mounted thumb drive EFI and copied your EFI folder to the EFI partition. Format internal SSD, install Mojave, run Mojave installer. System asks me for my region, keyboard and how I connect to the internet. I've tried manual and entered the info and also tried DHCP leaving everything else blank. System then goes grey screen and reboots taking me back to asking for region, keyboard... System did actually tell me once that I'm not connected to the internet and allowed me to continue with the installation. All the other times it rebooted. I did run and insert into the config.plist the data from GenSMBIOS. SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is in the kexts folder in your EFI. I do not have an AMD graphics card so I did removed the startup variable that you specified. That is the only modification I made to your files. My network card says Intel(R) I211 (Windows Driver Version 12.18.9.6.) Really don't know where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.
Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI ATX Bios F31q
Ryzen 9 3900X
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB for MacOS

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.