AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Was good yeah, Hope you had a good one too. The limit was 10MB. I've doubled this now. Hope that's enough.
That should do it. It’s them Intel WiFi and Bluetooth kexts. For some reason they are like 30mb combined. Why so large is beyond me but there you go.
Thanks bud :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Gonna test out the rebuild, but worst case scenario, I'll just install a whole new copy on a new SSD. Thanks for all the help @AudioGod!
All good, Anytime Man.
Good Luck and let me know how you get on. (y)(y)
This is AG Signing Out and off to bed..lol

kmirai

AMD OS X Member
my spec:
5900X + X570-ITX Aorus (same bios version as you) + 32G 3600 Trident + 6900 XT

your default config works for me without any modification (other than machine serial numbers), thanks!! you are the man, tho I need to wait for the 6900 XT drivers.

Notes:

Seems like it will not work if I turn on resize bar support (aka smart access memory), so weird.

anyway, thank you so much!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
my spec:
5900X + X570-ITX Aorus (same bios version as you) + 32G 3600 Trident + 6900 XT

your default config works for me without any modification (other than machine serial numbers), thanks!! you are the man, tho I need to wait for the 6900 XT drivers.

Notes:

Seems like it will not work if I turn on resize bar support (aka smart access memory), so weird.

anyway, thank you so much!
Resize bar support is not macOS compatible so yes it wont work and nor is the 6900 XT. (This has nothing to do with OpenCore or my EFI) You need to talk to the WEG devs about all that.
Otherwise good stuff and enjoy.

igerry

AMD OS X Member
Great work! I have the same motherboard (wifi version).
The question is that as I replaced the intel wifi chip with the apple one, the bluetooth is disabled by one of the kext/aml files. Is that a way to activate it?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Great work! I have the same motherboard (wifi version).
The question is that as I replaced the intel wifi chip with the apple one, the bluetooth is disabled by one of the kext/aml files. Is that a way to activate it?
@igerry I can do one better for you and give you the correct mapping for the X570 Pro Wifi & Ultra.
Here you go mate, Replace my USBMap.kext in the EFI with this one, Restart and Clear your nvram at the bootpicker and then boot back up and check.
Let me know if its working perfectly for you with Sleep, wake and shutdown included in your tests please. :)

Out of curiosity , What model is the replacement combo card your using bud?

Attachments

• X570 Ultra + Pro Wifi USBMaping.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod I have my Rizenthosh working at 80%. It´s Ok for me at this time. But I usually work with audio and photo. And my big surprise is that Logic X and Photoshop dont work propely. I have been looking for solutions and I found patches for adobe ( that no work ) and nothing for Logic. Logic crash when open, other times when I´m working ( a disaster ) and Photoshop work with patches but only at 50% ( crash with layers, effect, etc ) Sure I´m wrong but I think that Rizentosh it´s no the same that a normal Intel hackintosh. What is your experience? whith this programs?? Thanks in advance.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
AudioGod I have my Rizenthosh working at 80%. It´s Ok for me at this time. But I usually work with audio and photo. And my big surprise is that Logic X and Photoshop dont work propely. I have been looking for solutions and I found patches for adobe ( that no work ) and nothing for Logic. Logic crash when open, other times when I´m working ( a disaster ) and Photoshop work with patches but only at 50% ( crash with layers, effect, etc ) Sure I´m wrong but I think that Rizentosh it´s no the same that a normal Intel hackintosh. What is your experience? whith this programs?? Thanks in advance.

Yep your right, it’s not the same as using a Intel hack but photoshop patched and logic both work perfectly.
I use logic with NI Ultimate 13, FabFilter and izotope plugins and I have zero issues, crashes or stutters. Works perfect for me.
Sounds like you have a borked instal or bad EFI.
what is your system spec?

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
My system is:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E with AMD 5950x, AMD 580 (video ) and Motu traveller (sound). Your EFI folder without some kexts. Thanks in advance.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
My system is:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E with AMD 5950x, AMD 580 (video ) and Motu traveller (sound). Your EFI folder without some kexts. Thanks in advance.
My EFI is no good for your setup as I made it way too Gigabyte Aorus specific.
use the OC Guide and start from scratch buddy.
your have much more success I think. :)

ennoclao

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, i did but I have no enough knowloedges to do perfectly so I decided to continue with your EFI that work at 70/80%. This is my EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 9

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod , gosh darn, that is a cute kitty!

I saw you got Netflix to play in Safari. When I googled the issue initially I found posts about real Macs not being able to play Netflix. It has to do with HDCP, right? What's different between your machine and mine that allows you to use Safari for HDCP content?

I'm on a 3700X, X570 mobo, 5700XT, Big Sur 11.0.1. I run an LG 4K screen via DisplayPort as main monitor and an LG TV via HDMI. (Although there is an adapter from DP to HDMI on that one... hmmm...)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod , gosh darn, that is a cute kitty!

I saw you got Netflix to play in Safari. When I googled the issue initially I found posts about real Macs not being able to play Netflix. It has to do with HDCP, right? What's different between your machine and mine that allows you to use Safari for HDCP content?

I'm on a 3700X, X570 mobo, 5700XT, Big Sur 11.0.1. I run an LG 4K screen via DisplayPort as main monitor and an LG TV via HDMI. (Although there is an adapter from DP to HDMI on that one... hmmm...)
Thank you, She is a cutie yes and I don’t know why it doesn’t work for you as I have zero info togo by other then a loose spec.
Are you using SMBios iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 as they are the only two that will give you full drm?
Whats the motherboard other then a X570 and what version OC?
Have you checked the DRM Trouble shooting page on the OC Guide?

Are you a noob at this or a old hat like me?
So many questions that I could keep going and going but il annoy the pants out of you so I won’t...lol

Best place for you to start is the link above and go from there buddy. :)

kmirai

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod @igerry must be using BCM94360NG coz it is the only wifi card works for motherboard with heat sink in IO area, but you might want to consider BCM94360CS and with a PCI-E adapter for a cheaper price, if you want to plug it in the PCIE slots.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod @igerry must be using BCM94360NG coz it is the only wifi card works for motherboard with heat sink in IO area, but you might want to consider BCM94360CS and with a PCI-E adapter for a cheaper price, if you want to plug it in the PCIE slots.
If you look at my spec in my signature your notice I’m actually using a BCM94360CS2 with a PCI-E adapter already. I was just curious buddy as to what one he was using as there’s actually Two that fit in there. 👍

igerry

AMD OS X Member
@igerry I can do one better for you and give you the correct mapping for the X570 Pro Wifi & Ultra.
Here you go mate, Replace my USBMap.kext in the EFI with this one, Restart and Clear your nvram at the bootpicker and then boot back up and check.
Let me know if its working perfectly for you with Sleep, wake and shutdown included in your tests please. :)

Out of curiosity , What model is the replacement combo card your using bud?
Great thanks. You are awesome!
The USBMap.kext works perfectly on the X570 Pro Wifi. Bluetooth is activated now, both sleep and wake works as expected.

I bought the BCM94360CS2 Airport WiFi WLAN Card from ebay.
It is 1.5cm higher than the intel wifi card so I did some surgery on the plastic cover to install it on the motherboard

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Great thanks. You are awesome!
The USBMap.kext works perfectly on the X570 Pro Wifi. Bluetooth is activated now, both sleep and wake works as expected.

I bought the BCM94360CS2 Airport WiFi WLAN Card from ebay.
It is 1.5cm higher than the intel wifi card so I did some surgery on the plastic cover to install it on the motherboard
Holly Cow brother...lolol....That is very brave of you and I’m very impressed. 👍💪
My BCM94360CS2 is sitting in a pcie adapter but I’m actually running the Intel WiFi BT at the moment testing it out and it works better then it ever has But boy is it annoying the pants out of me. 😂

MadMax1998

AMD OS X Member
Are you using SMBios iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 as they are the only two that will give you full drm?
Whats the motherboard other then a X570 and what version OC?
Have you checked the DRM Trouble shooting page on the OC Guide?
I'm using MacPro7,1, still on OC 0.6.2 right now. The mobo is an MSI X570 Carbon WiFi. BIOS is one version older than the current one as I have yet to update.

It's no big deal about Safari, I simply use Firefox for these things, which doesn't make a fuss about HDCP. I will check the DRM section of the guide, though.

Are you a noob at this or a old hat like me?
I'm an IT pro and this is not my first Hackintosh. Thanks!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.