AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sasaf01

AMD OS X Member
Go into the Config.plist and under UEFI -> Output -> Resolution change it from Max and set the resolution you want.
Example - Output = 1920x1080@32

Its from gigabyte themselves, this is where they post the beta BiOS for Users to try, If you look who posts them you can see he’s from gigabyte. F32 is not beta it’s release. 👍
i made the update to F32, nothing has changed from the same error ..... i have an idea since you have a x570 aorus even if the model is different send me pictures of all bios settings i try to see if i have something different

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
i made the update to F32, nothing has changed from the same error ..... i have an idea since you have a x570 aorus even if the model is different send me pictures of all bios settings i try to see if i have something different
Thats pointless as my bios is setup very different to most people on here as I overclock so it’s not gonna line up.
I have worked with the X570 Elite a few times before and never had a problem installing macOS onto it but only Catalina and Big Sur and never with a NVidia GPU. You can look through this thread and find a few Elite users that I’ve helped too. USB is differnt but otherwise it’s all the same Bios wise. Why else do you think every X570 Aorus is using Bios F32??????
Think about it buddy.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Your the best man, thanks again. I have been using a GT 710 and things have been fine. I would love to use a ASUS STRIX R7 370 I have but it requires a few edits that are above my pay grade :( Could you help me with that?
Your welcome buddy,
a ASUS STRIX R7 370 is proper old stool, Why don’t you get a RX 570 or 580 Instead???
Cost around £100 English and will serve you the same gaming wise and work much better with macOS?

sasaf01

AMD OS X Member
Your welcome buddy,
a ASUS STRIX R7 370 is proper old stool, Why don’t you get a RX 570 or 580 Instead???
Cost around £100 English and will serve you the same gaming wise and work much better with macOS?
if i buy a sapphire rx470 is it ok? also can I use it for mac and keep 1060 for windows ?? can it be a video card problem?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
if i buy a sapphire rx470 is it ok? also can I use it for mac and keep 1060 for windows ?? can it be a video card problem?
I believe a RX470 works yes and you can make a ssdt for the 1060 so MacOS can’t see it but you can see what works and what doesn’t for yourself here bud.

Just had a quick look myself and Your 1060 is on the nono list, You need to ask somebody like Pavo about the 1060 and the system not working for you.
Pop over to the Discord channel and try hitting him up on there.

sasaf01

AMD OS X Member
I believe a RX470 works yes and you can make a ssdt for the 1060 so MacOS can’t see it but you can see what works and what doesn’t for yourself here bud.

Just had a quick look myself and Your 1060 is on the nono list, You need to ask somebody like Pavo about the 1060 and the system not working for you.
Pop over to the Discord channel and try hitting him up on there.
I bought a rx 570 4gb sapphire. It arrives January 27th

Andyg1983

AMD OS X Member
In Big Sur I feel like the colour is off, can't work out if it is to do with the night shift thingy but there is loads of red in the blacks that I can feel on the GUI in dark mode. My Colour settings correct in the display settings for my monitor, just wondered if anyone else has experienced this at all?

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Your welcome buddy,
I understand, I wanted to use what was available :) I hate spending $180 - $200 for a used 4 gig card that was most likely in a mining rig for the past 3 years :) No cards in stock here and ebay scalpers are the only solution at the moment. Thy are getting over $350 for new 8gb version. That card was $180 new a few months back.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I understand, I wanted to use what was available :) I hate spending $180 - $200 for a used 4 gig card that was most likely in a mining rig for the past 3 years :) No cards in stock here and ebay scalpers are the only solution at the moment. Thy are getting over $350 for new 8gb version. That card was $180 new a few months back.
Yeah I hear you bud, The GPU situation is the same over here in the U.K. The price of all components are inflated at the moment. Stupid Scalpers and miners. Dam You All...lol

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yeah I hear you bud, The GPU situation is the same over here in the U.K. The price of all components are inflated at the moment. Stupid Scalpers and miners. Dam You All...lol
I guess I will try to muddle through this, it's supposedly the solution but I don't understand the steps.

go to [System/Library/Extensions ]copy
AMD7000Controller.kext
AMDRadeonX4000.kext
AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext

2:Edit AMD7000Controller.kext /contents/info.plist
IOPCIMatch
0x68101002(or 0x67981002 ) >>>0x66111002(your display id)

3:Edit AMDRadeonX4000.kext /contents/info.plist
AMDPitcairnGraphicsAccelerator
0x68101002(or 0x67981002 ) >>>0x66111002

4:Edit AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext/contents/info.plist
IOPCIMatch
0x68101002(or 0x67981002 ) >>>0x66111002

5:put in /Library/Extensions
AMD7000Controller.kext
AMDRadeonX4000.kext
AMDRadeonX4000HWServices.kext

6:config.plis
FixDisplay true
AddDTGP true
FakeID 0x68101002(or 0x67981002 )
Graphics
false all
iMac18.1

7:sudo kextcache -i /
8:reboot

sasaf01

AMD OS X Member
I paid $ 64 for it. look to find them at a low price

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I paid $ 64 for it. look to find them at a low price
You don’t know how lucky you were bud, let’s hope it’s not from a mining rig. 🤞

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You don’t know how lucky you were bud, let’s hope it’s not from a mining rig. 🤞
Exactly. I just wanted to heap some more praise on you, my buddy f'd up his new M1 mackbook pro, he needed to do a DFU recovery with a relativly new working mac. My hackintosh pulled it off without a hitch :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Exactly. I just wanted to heap some more praise on you, my buddy f'd up his new M1 mackbook pro, he needed to do a DFU recovery with a relativly new working mac. My hackintosh pulled it off without a hitch :)
Hehehe, Good stuff and poor friend. hows he’s Bluetooth working on he’s M1 pro?
On my MacMini M1 Bluetooth is totally screwed, it drops out anything that’s connected to it after a random amount of time and I don’t think it can be fixed. Looks like a hardware error/design flaw to my trained eye. We shall see in updates to come...lol

The EFI I made for the X570 Pro & Ultra is definitely rock solid, My last build was a z390 master with a 9900k and stability in macOS has been no worst on the X570 Pro.
The total amount of crashes or random restarts or failed sleeps on My X570 Pro build is exactly 0 So far. I’m very proud of that number and hope it stays that way....lol

As I’ve only had the build a few months and new to the ryzentosh side of life I’m still tinkering with the setup trying to squeeze and iron out as much as I can find to do and perfect it (Theres still a few things that bug me) so make sure you grab my 0.6.6 EFI when I release it, I’ve made some major changes to the EFI to get better performance from the GPU in both windows and BigSur and I’ve made OpenCore as friendly as you can get with other OS like Linux and Windows etc by finally giving in to my dark side and bypassing OpenCore fully if you boot into any other OS apart from MacOS. The OC Devs would not approve but I’m sick of my other OS thinking it’s a MacPro so I’ve put an end to it. If your a gamer your notice it straight away with your average frame rate and minimum lows...

The Day OC 0.6.6 goes live my new EFI will go live too, Thats generally how I do my releases and have done for the past few years now over at insanelyMac. 👍

Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
He has zero issues with Bluetooth , he was using different hackintosh tools trying to get his asus z390 Maximus Code working with Big Sur, his system froze and went into a bootloop and never came out, hence the DFU recovery. He is looking for a site with the kind of love your bringing these Gigabyte boards but it's nowhere to be found. On a side note I updated to F32 and not sure if anybody else noticed the fans are ramping up and down more for whatever reason ???

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
He has zero issues with Bluetooth , he was using different hackintosh tools trying to get his asus z390 Maximus Code working with Big Sur, his system froze and went into a bootloop and never came out, hence the DFU recovery. He is looking for a site with the kind of love your bringing these Gigabyte boards but it's nowhere to be found. On a side note I updated to F32 and not sure if anybody else noticed the fans are ramping up and down more for whatever reason ???
Look over at the IM site for a EFI to suit your mates bios bud.

I’m using F32 and If your talking about the System fans and not the Gpu then I wouldn’t notice something like that as I have my own curves set in the bios and I won’t let the fans go above around 1400rpm so I never hear them.
Gigabyte are messing around with the power curve with every bios revision and this is why your noticing the fans more on F32 probably. Just do what I do and set your fan speeds.

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Look over at the IM site for a EFI to suit your mates bios bud.

I’m using F32 and If your talking about the System fans and not the Gpu then I wouldn’t notice something like that as I have my own curves set in the bios and I won’t let the fans go above around 1400rpm so I never hear them.
Gigabyte are messing around with the power curve with every bios revision and this is why your noticing the fans more on F32 probably. Just do what I do and set your fan speeds.
forgive my ignorance "IM site" ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Any clue when 0.6.6 will drop ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Any clue when 0.6.6 will drop ?
I would say in around 10 days give or take a few days.
OpenCore Releases generally happen within the first week of a new month.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.