AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
just for reference: you don't need to rename XHC1 with SMBIOS MacPro7,1

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
just for reference: you don't need to rename XHC1 with SMBIOS MacPro7,1
I know this buddy but personally I don’t like using 7,1. Not a fan of the smbios. 1,1 works just fine and it’s no biggie to do the name change. (Plus I’ve already done all the hard work in my SSDT-XHC anyway)

Last edited:

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
Awesome to see a daw/logic user on 5xxx series Ryzentosh, I'm considering the same. All your plugins etc are all working well?

If you don't mind, would you consider running this single core test, with logic set to the 32 sample buffer?

I'm really curious how 5xxx compares to M1. Thanks!

Jaanuseonu

AMD OS X Member
Hiya,
I just had a good look at the USB layout and it looks correct to me and lines up the same as my patching by the look of it.
just enable SSDT-XHC and see but it should work correctly straight away.
If you enable USBMap.kext if should still be right but you might loose the rgb controller.
you can run without the kext though as I have setup SSDT-XHC to natively work with all the ports set up correctly.
I can’t guarantee It’s correct for the Master but I’m like 95% sure it will be.
Please do try and let me know buddy and confirm the layout for me or tell me it’s bad If it’s wrong.
Good luck and I look forward to hearing the results. :)

When you try it out could you take a screenshot of hackintool showing usb and have something connected to the rear usb-c and a usb device hooked in the front usb A case port and show me. Il know if the mapping lines up straight away and let you know.
do it with the usb.kext enabled and then it will list the ports making it even easier to spot if it’s right or wrong. 👍
Everything seems working now. I don't use Front port 3 and 4. Should I disable them or leave as is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 17.31.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 17.31.26 PM.png
    856.6 KB · Views: 15

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Everything seems working now. I don't use Front port 3 and 4. Should I disable them or leave as is?

Thats looks sweet brother. You can remove front 3 and 4 or just leave them in there as it doesn’t hit the limit so it really doesn’t matter and won’t effect anything.
I leave them in there and don’t use them. I only put them in there for anybody else that uses them really. :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Awesome to see a daw/logic user on 5xxx series Ryzentosh, I'm considering the same. All your plugins etc are all working well?

If you don't mind, would you consider running this single core test, with logic set to the 32 sample buffer?

I'm really curious how 5xxx compares to M1. Thanks!

Sure I will do that for you buddy, no problem.
I have a M1 mini too and I prefer my hack for writing with.
plugins wise I use FabFilter, izotope and NI plugins as well as logics own ones and everything works lovely and smooth.
my last setup was a 9900k build and I have no lose in performance or any other funny business at all Compared to my old Intel build.
you can see my old build here if your interested.
il run that test for you in a few hours as my hack is rendering a project in windows at the moment and it’s gonna take a while.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@RyanC Here you go buddy.
If I enable anymore then I have it breaks up so this is the limit.
How does that compare to M1 although its a unfair test as Logic and its inbuilt plugins are M1 optimized.
How does it compare anyway? (my daughter has claimed the MacMini M1 and won't let me run the same test on it...lol)
76 examples on a single core ain’t half bad though...I like it!

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 16.59.26.png

Last edited:

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
Wow, and that is with the 32 sample buffer?

The test I saw with the M1 MBP was only ~45 give or take @32 samples, ~80 @64 samples. So quite a bit better here if that is at 32.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Wow, and that is with the 32 sample buffer?

The test I saw with the M1 MBP was only ~45 give or take @32 samples, ~80 @64 samples. So quite a bit better here if that is at 32.
yep that's with a 32 sample buffer.
if I don't press stop I can get up too 81 examples but its cheating because stop it then start it and it goes prang a lang....lol
76 examples is totally legit though, can press play and stop repeatably and its totally having it with no break up. :)

@64 samples I can enable all with about 75% percent usage by the look of it.
Im telling you bro the 5900X rocks. woooo lol

@RyanC Im little shocked TBH as I didn't expect to beat the M1 Chip against its own optimized programs.

Update, Just double checked on the MacMini and after 40 examples @32 samples you can see its struggling somewhat but still going and at 43 it crapped out.

Last edited:

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
yep that's with a 32 sample buffer.
if I don't press stop I can get up too 81 examples but its cheating because stop it then start it and it goes prank a lang....lol
76 examples is totally legit though, can press play and stop repeatably and its totally having it with no break up. :)
Sweet!

On my 7980xe hacks I can only get about ~22, the new cheesegraters are only around 30. It seems like infinity fabric or cache etc is making a big difference for low latency performance, that much of a difference seems like more than just incremental core clock speeds. 76 fully stable, and 81 at the edge are the best numbers I've seen.

I'd love to know what your mini does if you get a chance at some point, it was an M1 MBA that got 45, so I'm curious if the mini fares any better.

Thanks! Now I'm off to find a Mobo with TB3 working for audio....

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Sweet!

On my 7980xe hacks I can only get about ~22, the new cheesegraters are only around 30. It seems like infinity fabric or cache etc is making a big difference for low latency performance, that much of a difference seems like more than just incremental core clock speeds. 76 fully stable, and 81 at the edge are the best numbers I've seen.

I'd love to know what your mini does if you get a chance at some point, it was an M1 MBA that got 45, so I'm curious if the mini fares any better.

Thanks! Now I'm off to find a Mobo with TB3 working for audio....
I just tested it a moment ago, check my last post I updated it with the numbers :)

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
Hey AudioGod, when you have a chance, would you mind doing this one as well-

NewLogicBenchmarkTest.zip - Google Drive

This one is for total playback track performance. You will probably have to duplicate tracks. The buffer size here shouldn't matter because the tracks aren't (shouldn't be) armed.

Thanks again, and no rush.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey AudioGod, when you have a chance, would you mind doing this one as well-

NewLogicBenchmarkTest.zip - Google Drive

This one is for total playback track performance. You will probably have to duplicate tracks. The buffer size here shouldn't matter because the tracks aren't (shouldn't be) armed.

Thanks again, and no rush.
Last time a tried a test like this I ended up giving up as I couldn’t find the limit but sure no worries let me see a wha go on brother.
Rocket League and maybe some Cyberpunk time for me now though...lol
Il do it either in a bit or tomorrow in the day and post my results when I do. 👍

RyanC

AMD OS X Member
Sweet thanks, and I appreciate you doing it at all.

If it helps, you can select a bunch of tracks and hit cmd+d to duplicate them all, then select a bunch of clips and option+drag them to the empty spots in the new tracks. You probably already know that, but it makes life easier if not.

This is the newer one, the old one would probably peak at 700 tracks or so, I'd expect this one to be 250-350.

Appreciate it.

JanHappy2000

AMD OS X Member
Runs perfectly smooth so far!
One last mini hiccup: My sound output "Line out" in the back is not working with alcid=29. Only the headphones in the front work.
Anybody got the rear output working? I had alcid=7 in my previous config, but then the front headphone output would not work.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Runs perfectly smooth so far!
One last mini hiccup: My sound output "Line out" in the back is not working with alcid=29. Only the headphones in the front work.
Anybody got the rear output working? I had alcid=7 in my previous config, but then the front headphone output would not work.
Alcid=29 is correct for the Pro and ultra. If your using a different board then change it to whatever worked for you bud.
if your using a pro or a ultra and it’s not working with 29 then I’m baffled but if your using a non gigabyte board then my EFI is not meant for you.

note - output at the rear is the middle bottom output and if you have headphones connected it cancels the rear output automatically until you unplug the headphones.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@RyanC Hi Buddy, I have the results of test 2 and you were right. this one is a lot more demanding then the last time I did this.

I got to a total of 248 tracks with no issues but add any more and hello break up.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 15.55.33.png

Hows that for you bro? :)

Not that is matters but that was still @32 samples.

JanHappy2000

AMD OS X Member
Alcid=29 is correct for the Pro and ultra. If your using a different board then change it to whatever worked for you bud.
if your using a pro or a ultra and it’s not working with 29 then I’m baffled but if your using a non gigabyte board then my EFI is not meant for you.

note - output at the rear is the middle bottom output and if you have headphones connected it cancels the rear output automatically until you unplug the headphones.
I have a Pro rev. 1.0 (non-WIFI) and I can confirm that the rear middle bottom output is not putting out any sound, no matter if the headphone jack is in use or not.
But don't worry I hooked up my FiiO which has a much better sound anyway...
Thanks again for making my machine great again!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I have a Pro rev. 1.0 (non-WIFI) and I can confirm that the rear middle bottom output is not putting out any sound, no matter if the headphone jack is in use or not.
But don't worry I hooked up my FiiO which has a much better sound anyway...
Thanks again for making my machine great again!
Freaky stuff, I have a Pro too and I can confirm that 29 gives me output at the back and headphones at the front. It’s perfect.
I also have a ultra with the same result. Now why should it Work for me but not for you guys?

Follow up - both my pro and ultra are revision 1.2 but it shouldn’t make a difference as they didn’t change codecs between revisions, what a baffle that one is. Could you try 28 instead please and let me know if that pops it to life? :)

Follow up pt 2 - @JanHappy2000 My real hackintosh home is over at InsanlyMac where I also have many a thread and one of them is for the X570 like on here. I have PM several users over there and asked them about audio, now here’s where it gets even stranger.....no body has any issues using 29 but I’m yet to confirm who’s got what revision of board so could you do my a massive favour and just double check in the sound properties that your using the output called internal speaker with the 3.5mm jack connected to the middle bottom input please Brother?
If that is your settings then could you change from 29 to 28 and restart and tell me if that kicks it all in for you?
if it is the case that revision 1.0 differs to 1.1 and 1.2 then I need to put a note up on the main page advising people what alcid number to use for what revision.

Thank you in advance good Buddy. 🙏

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.