AudioGod's Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Would you like me to change the EFI SMBios over to MacPro7,1 from OpenCore V0.7.0 onwards?

• Yes change it to SMBios MacPro7,1

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • No keep it at SMBios iMacPro1,1

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Have Both 7,1 and 1,1 available to download

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mylo

AMD OS X Member
And?

That doesn't automatically mean it is correct for your system.
  1. Do you have the exact same Bios version as the Opening Poster (OP)?
  2. Do you have the exact same CPU/GPU/case etc. as the OP?
  3. What changes/adaptations have you made to the EFI contents to take in to account any differences between your system and the OP's system?
  4. Are you running the same version of macOS as used by the OP?
  5. Are you using the initial OpenCore EFI from post #1 for a newer version of macOS?
  6. Have you looked for a newer version of the EFI that is suitable for the version of macOS you are looking to install?
So to make it clear.
I have osx 14.4 already installed and it's working with an OLDER unsuported EFI. My assumption from this thread was, with the EFI what you can download here for the
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Pro, Pro Wifi, Ultra & Master will fit or work perfectly with my system.
What i'm doing is just testing the EFI on my preinstalled osx 14.4 to get the Audio, Ethernet and WIFI running. I'm just exchanging the files inside the EFI Folder.
I didn't know that i have to make any changes or adaptations to a EFI folder/files what is already build for my Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master.
Just the ones like Processor core optimisation.

That's why i'm wondering why it is not working

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your motherboards specification page says it contains the following components.

Audio codec - Realtek ALC1220-VB, which is supported by AppleALC.kext v 1.8.8 or newer for AMD microphone to work

Ethernet controller 1 - Intel1GB LAN - which depending on the specific Intel LAN controller used may be supported by IntelMausi.kext or AppleIGB.kext or SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
See this page for the Intel Ethernet controllers.

Ethernet Controller 2 - Realtek 2.5GB LAN - which is supported by Mieze's LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.

Intel WiFi 6 card - Airportitlwm Sonoma 14.4 Alpha release 2.3.0.

Intel BT 5.0 module - IntelBluetoothFirmware v 2.4.0

Mylo

AMD OS X Member
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-21 um 00.49.58.png

Awesome!

Ethernet and WiFi working! Need to figure out why Bluetooth is not working.

Regarding the Audio codec - Realtek ALC1220-VB. There are so many ALC(U).kext inside the zip File files. Which of them should I use?

The weird thing is, I used before the new OP 1.0 what was released some days ago (Attached). But didn't work. I have exact the same data inside the plist like this one what I'm using here (old one).

There is a problem with some kext direction path. But they're 1to1 the same like in the .plist what I'm using now.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• oc1.0.zip
    38.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Use AppleALC.kext for your audio, with a layout-id, try alcid=1 boot argument and if necessary work through the other ids till you find one that works for you.

Do not use AppleALCU.kext as that is meant for USB audio devices.

Check you don’t have IntelBluetoothInjector.kext in macOS Sonoma, you need to replace this kext with BlueToolFixup.kext for your Bluetooth device to work with Sonoma & Ventura.

Mylo

AMD OS X Member
Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 21.34.08.png

Everything works fine now!
@Edhawk thank you for your help!

Only one think is weird. In some locations i get iMac Pro as a system description. (Finder and Settings)

Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 21.40.50.pngBildschirmfoto 2024-04-22 um 21.41.36.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No idea why the system would be Mac Pro in About this Mac and iMac Pro in Finder & System Settings. You may need to use the ResetNvram driver from the OC boot screen to remove any old SMBIOS details from a previous EFI.

Normally the drivers are hidden and you need to press the ‘Spacebar’ button to make them visible.

If that doesn’t fix the name in System Settings you may have to manually edit the name on the General > About or Sharing tab.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.