AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

heavily_doped

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I would love your assistance on my own hackintosh installation. First time builder, after a few trials and errors, I finally have been able to boot the USB, but when I get to installation of the OS and it shows how minutes is remaining, the USB reboots to the bootloader where I select install macOS. This is has happened twice now.

My build is

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
MB: ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
GPU: GT710 (GK208)
Bootloader: OC 0.7.0

What would you advice?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod I would love your assistance on my own hackintosh installation. First time builder, after a few trials and errors, I finally have been able to boot the USB, but when I get to installation of the OS and it shows how minutes is remaining, the USB reboots to the bootloader where I select install macOS. This is has happened twice now.

My build is

CPU: Ryzen 9 3950x
MB: ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING
GPU: GT710 (GK208)
Bootloader: OC 0.7.0

What would you advice?
Go into the Config.plist and under Misc-> Security disable the SecureBootModel, Then remove the boot argument agdpmod=ignore from the NVRam, (that’s if you are trying to use my EFI)
If you are trying to instal High Sierra then also add the boot argument nv_disable=1.

I always suggest using High Sierra when using a NVidia 710, Yes it’s meant to work OTB with Big Sur but the success rate of succeeding in getting it working is very low. (I’m not sure if nv_disable=1 is needed with a newer OS then High Sierra but it might be worth a try)

heavily_doped

AMD OS X Member
Go into the Config.plist and under Misc-> Security disable the SecureBootModel, Then remove the boot argument agdpmod=ignore from the NVRam, (that’s if you are trying to use my EFI)
If you are trying to instal High Sierra then also add the boot argument nv_disable=1.

I always suggest using High Sierra when using a NVidia 710, Yes it’s meant to work OTB with Big Sur but the success rate of succeeding in getting it working is very low. (I’m not sure if nv_disable=1 is needed with a newer OS then High Sierra but it might be worth a try)
Still didn't work. I made another one with Catalina, and the installer rebooted back to the bootloader in the middle of the installation. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am uploading my config.plist please help me when possible

Attachments

• config.plist
    51.7 KB · Views: 9

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Still didn't work. I made another one with Catalina, and the installer rebooted back to the bootloader in the middle of the installation. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I am uploading my config.plist please help me when possible
I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, Did you try adding the boot argument nv_disable=1?
also if you created your USB Installer via Windows then maybe try recreating it and try again.
Failing that you could try using high sierra instead but I would need to convert the EFI for you to use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 so we shall leave that as a last resort for now.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@dannymak Go into your bios and under Advanced -> Onboard Devices Configuration make sure USB power delivery in Soft off (S5) is set to Enabled and under Advanced -> APM Configuration make sure that ERP is set to Disabled.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Message to all,
I highly advise updating to the Latest bios update for the X570-E (4002)
USB has improved and they have fixed a couple of little extra niggles I had that I thought were down to my config.
Good Job ASUS. :)

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For the X570-I you can have a look at my Github repo :)
Thanks for that, it turned out the wireless function on the card was the issue. I cleaned and re-seated the card, tried it in another computer and then swappd in another of the same card I had that worked and boom. All good, it was bafflling being the Bluetooth function still worked....Trying to get a replacement card now worked out now, it was only 6 months old.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Message to all,
I highly advise updating to the Latest bios update for the X570-E (4002)
USB has improved and they have fixed a couple of little extra niggles I had that I thought were down to my config.
Good Job ASUS. :)
It's available for the "I" version as well.

DaddyB

AMD OS X Member
AudioGod - just a note to say thank you! I've been up and stable for nearly 30 days, including an update to 0.7.0!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@DaddyB Awesome, Thats always good to hear.
You are very welcome buddy.
Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Ready), 5th July 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.7.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.1 - 06/07/2021

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 071 EFI .zip
    4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Big thanks for your publish. I would like to add some comments:
  • If planning to install Windows 11, as dual boot, activate fTMP (OpenCore and macOS works) in Advanced -> AMD fTMP configuration -> TMP Device Selection -> Firmware TMP
  • Cosmetics changes at first page still working without any problem
Again, thank you for your publish!

linroid

AMD OS X Member
I highly appreciate your sharing and keeping updates, with your EFI, my Hackintosh works perfectly! ☺️

1625591241051.png

LaytonX

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI Update (Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Ready), 5th July 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.4,
  • AppleALC 1.6.2,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.1,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.5,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.3,
  • AMD Patches Monterey 12.0 Beta1 Compatible,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.1 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.7.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

Note 4 - The SmallTreeIntel82576.kext is not working under Monterey 12.0 so if you plan on playing around with the new OS for now make sure you use the 2.5GHz ethernet port instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.1 - 06/07/2021
Hey there, thanks for all of your hard work and support on here. I will be putting together my new build (5950x on Asus Dark Hero) tomorrow. Would your EFI be compatible with that motherboard?

Thanks!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hey there, thanks for all of your hard work and support on here. I will be putting together my new build (5950x on Asus Dark Hero) tomorrow. Would your EFI be compatible with that motherboard?

Thanks!
Hi,
Yes the EFI is totally compatible, Just disable the USBMap.kext and enable XhciPortLimit in the config.plist as the USB layout is different on the DarkHero.

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
Thank you, just updated to 0.7.1, works like a charm. Just curious, why do you removed "unfairgva=1" in boot-args?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Thank you, just updated to 0.7.1, works like a charm. Just curious, why do you removed "unfairgva=1" in boot-args?
DRM for AppleTV using My 6800 works without the bootargument.
Add it back if you need it, :)

SynSor

AMD OS X Member
Hi!

Im currently trying install it in my PC, but i can't see macOS partitions when i boot with pendrive, any idea?

Mi PC: Ryzen 5 5600x, STRIX x570-E, 16GB Corsair 3600Hz CL16, Asus Radeon ROG 5700XT

I followd all steps respect to config.plist and BIOS configuration

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.