AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.5 Ready), 7th June 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • RestrictEvents 1.0.2,
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • SIP Can now be toggled within OpenCanopy,
  • OpenCanopy Icons Updated,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed,
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents,
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.
Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.8. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 3 - If you are using a 6 or Less Core Ryzen then go into the Config,plist and under PlatformInfo->Generic Change the ProcessorType from 0 to 1537, This will list your CPU info correctly inside About This Mac.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.7.0 - 07/06/2021

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 070 EFI .zip
    4 MB · Views: 40

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod I have bought NTFS for Mac and it works like a charm this m2 at 4.0!

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
Got your EFI working on my X570 Strix, thx :). What do I need to do to get this working on a B550I Aorus?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Got your EFI working on my X570 Strix, thx :). What do I need to do to get this working on a B550I Aorus?
Add SSDT-CPUR to the ACPI, Disable the USBMap.kext and you should be good togo. 👍

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Lsx285 What X570 STRIX are you using and if it’s not a E have you fully mapped out USB yet?

Also for your B550 Aorus don’t use the Efi from this thread use the one from my X570 Aorus Pro and Ultra Thread as its ACPI will be spot on correct for that board,

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
Heyo :)
im having some issues with the EFI Folder (Maybe with my Computer and not your EFI ofc). Im Having a X570-F and prepared an OC Install Stick with the latest installer and your EFI. It boots up fine but after ive selected the space to install Big Sur im Back in the Main menu. Any suggestions and tipps? :/

Thank you very much :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Heyo :)
im having some issues with the EFI Folder (Maybe with my Computer and not your EFI ofc). Im Having a X570-F and prepared an OC Install Stick with the latest installer and your EFI. It boots up fine but after ive selected the space to install Big Sur im Back in the Main menu. Any suggestions and tipps? :/

Thank you very much :)
Disable the USBMap.Kext as that’s made for the E and totally wrong for the F,
Are you using the bios settings that are laid out on page one?
Make sure your bios is up to date.

When you say you selected the space to instal did you go into disk utility before hand and format the drive to APFS?

Last edited:

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
Maybe a silly question, but how can i disable this? Had no Problems with USB until now...
Yes, ive double checked the bios settings already. Bios is updated to latest non beta...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Maybe a silly question, but how can i disable this? Had no Problems with USB until now...
Yes, ive double checked the bios settings already. Bios is updated to latest non beta...
Go into the config.plist and under Kernel->Add find the USBMap.kext (second to last in the list) and change it from enabled to disabled, Save and Restart.
Also you haven’t already then make sure you enter your SMBIOS details into the Config.plist

When you say you selected the space to instal did you go into disk utility before hand and format the drive to APFS?

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
Okay, ive tried that, still no progress. USBMap.kext is now disabled, thank you for the explanation.

I Start up the USB Key, Go to disk manager, format the nvme to APFS, go back to "Reinstall my Big Sur" - accept the eula, select the volume to install on, click "continue" and get back to the overview where i can startup safari, restore from time machine and reinstall big sur...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Okay, ive tried that, still no progress. USBMap.kext is now disabled, thank you for the explanation.

I Start up the USB Key, Go to disk manager, format the nvme to APFS, go back to "Reinstall my Big Sur" - accept the eula, select the volume to install on, click "continue" and get back to the overview where i can startup safari, restore from time machine and reinstall big sur...
Have you tried clearing your nvram? (Press space at the bootpicker and select the option)

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
yes, nothing helps. Ive found a thread on reddit, where someone is describing the same problem. he managed it with installing full big sur via an original macbook... but this is not a solution for me.. and hes the only one in the whole internet with the same problem - it feels like...
Could it be a problem with a special type of nvme? i have WD BLACK SN850 NVMes... maybe compatibility issue? Ever heard about something like this?..
Honestly i have no other nvme to test this...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
no I’ve used the same NVMe in the past with no problem.
You could try NVMeFix.kext but I don’t think it would make a difference.

Did you create the installer via windows?

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
The nvmefix was in another efi ive tested in the past days and didnt worked out..
Yes ive builded it today on my Windows PC With the PC Tools - its just the Internet recovery Stick

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
The nvmefix was in another efi ive tested in the past days and didnt worked out..
Yes ive builded it today on my Windows PC With the PC Tools - its just the Internet recovery Stick
Ok so in that case try disabling SIP and try again. You can do it via the bootpicker (press Space at the bootpicker to reveal it)

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
Still the same Problem... With SIP disabled now

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Still the same Problem... With SIP disabled now
Have you tried making the usb installer again?
Sounds like it could have a problem.
I hate making installers via windows, If I had to do that I would do it via VMWare on a virtual instal of MacOS

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
As you are using a 6900XT Make sure you are using Big Sur 11.4 or 11.5 beta

You could also try disabling WhateverGreen.kext (same place you disable the USBMap.kext and it’s bottom of the list. most Big Navi GPUs run fine without the kext and one person on here that couldn’t install with a 6800XT managed to get it done by disabling WEG. (It’s a long shot but worth a try)

kaiuvve

AMD OS X Member
I will try this tomorrow, otherwise my wife is goin to kill me :) Thank you very much

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.