AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
This message also mentioned the sound layout 1. How can I try the sound scheme 1?
You don’t want to do that friend. The layout is correct for the X570-E already.
Changing it will only give you borked sound though your headphones (in mono) you don’t want that trust me.

sass

AMD OS X Member
You don’t want to do that friend. The layout is correct for the X570-E already.
Changing it will only give you borked sound though your headphones (in mono) you don’t want that trust me.
I just wondered to try.
I'm relying on you and I will get the product I suggested in Amazon as soon as I'm on Amazon but Turkey to come 1 month :(

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I just wondered to try.
I'm relying on you and I will get the product I suggested in Amazon as soon as I'm on Amazon but Turkey to come 1 month :(
if you plug in the headphones but not fully they will do the same thing. As I explained to you before the connections inside the socket DO NOT LINE UP with your headphone with mic output jack. There is no getting around that other then forcing it like I said giving you double mono or buy a adaptor or use headphones that are made to work with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack plug.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@sass If you really want to force it by changing the audio layout then go into the config.plist and delete the last device listed in device properties (it has audio properties inside it) and then add alcid=1 or 7 to the boot arguments. This will have the desired affect you are looking for Buddy. :)

sass

AMD OS X Member
if you plug in the headphones but not fully they will do the same thing. As I explained to you before the connections inside the socket DO NOT LINE UP with your headphone with mic output jack. There is no getting around that other then forcing it like I said giving you double mono or buy a adaptor or use headphones that are made to work with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack plug.
Ok my dude I will order and wait for it from Amazon. That's rather! Thanks again..

dannymak

AMD OS X Member
its weird tho, I installed v070 copied and pasted entire EFI folder and edited the config.plist to correct platform id, reset NVRAM after that.
Now the system reboots instead of shut down when I click shut down from menu.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I'm sorry, isn't that an answer for me?
OK, I did a new USB stick, again set up, installed and there is no more problem. Everything OK. Thanks for the help

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
its weird tho, I installed v070 copied and pasted entire EFI folder and edited the config.plist to correct platform id, reset NVRAM after that.
Now the system reboots instead of shut down when I click shut down from menu.
Have you enabled ERP in the bios or anything like that Or have you got some kind of USB Hub connected to your system?

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
what's ERP? I followed your BIOS setting and it was fine in 0.6.9
Your the only user with that problem so it can’t be on the EFI side TBH.
Erm, Try clearing your NVRam and check your power settings in hackintool

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You should get one, I put a link to the one a bought a few posts back (#85). It’s takes around 3 or 4 weeks to get to you but it’s well worth it I think, 👍
Hi AudioGood, great job supporting this thread. Its easy to tell you put a lot of time and effort into helping users, I see you've also helped fill out the forum with uploads etc. Nice work and please keep it up!
So now to the real reason I'm posting here right? :p I've got an almost identical setup and I'm using your EFI 7.0 folder with a couple of very minor modifications (I changed the Layout ID for Audio to 7 to get internal speakers working and disabled LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext as far as I can tell its not needed and also added the new "Advise Features" line to the config.plist in PlatformInfo). Everything works as it should with one exception and that is more annoying than anything.
I've got the same Wireless/ Bluetooth card you talk about here and used them in multiple builds for exactly the reason you mention. Ease of use and out of the box connectivity. Its odd though that when I boot bluetooth works great and drive my apple keyboard and mouse perfectly but wireless starts out as off. I can turn it on in the top menu bar but that doesn't seem to make a difference, it doesn't see any networks to connect too. Going into Network Preferences shows Wireless Networks as Off and no amount of clicking on Turn Wireless Networks on makes a difference.
Here's where it gets wierd and why I'm looking for advise or insight. Most of the time when I wake the computer up from sleep Wireless Networking works and connects right up all by itself. Odd right?

The other thing to note is the card works 100% in windows so I don't think its defective hardware. I also just reinstalled OSXI 11.4 this morning and the same behaviour is repeated. :poop:
Apparently you don't have the same issue and probably will not be able to duplicate the problem but any guesses or possible fixes you can think of would be highly appreciated.

Cheers, Lee

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@leesurone Hey buddy, Before I jump in and try and help Could I ask your full system spec please as going by your signature you have a B550 Elite?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@leesurone Hey buddy, Before I jump in and try and help Could I ask your full system spec please as going by your signature you have a B550 Elite?
Right, that quite a while ago sorry and I know better. Asus X570 Rog Strix Gaming I, Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte Radeon 6800 XT, Samsung 980 Pro ! TB, 64 GB Ram

Last edited:

Lsx285

AMD OS X Member
What X570 STRIX are you using and if it’s not a E have you fully mapped out USB yet?

Also for your B550 Aorus don’t use the Efi from this thread use the one from my X570 Aorus Pro and Ultra Thread as its ACPI will be spot on correct for that board,
I got the X570 E-Gaming :) And thanks for putting that much effort into that project, appreciate it! Excited for another update of your EFI's when the Monterey patches go live.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Right, that quite a while ago sorry and I know better. Asus X570 Rog Strix Gaming I, Ryzen 9 5900X, Gigabyte Radeon 6800 XT, Samsung 980 Pro ! TB, 64 GB Ram
From the info you have laid out on what you have done to the EFI that all sounds good to me. I have never seen or heard of WiFi doing that using a BCM94360NG, It needs nothing added kext or patch wise too get it working and should just work out of the box....hhhmmmmm
Ive seen this exact problem tons of times using the Intel wireless card and the way to fix it on that is to shut down the system and remove the power from the wall, Wait a few minutes and then plug it back in and boot back up and hey presto but that's a intel firmware issue curtesy of the kexts and shouldn't be a issue using a BCM94360NG. hhhmmmmm again...lol
Have you disabled or made your own USBMap.kext for your board as my one is wrong for the X570-i?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
From the info you have laid out on what you have done to the EFI that all sounds good to me. I have never seen or heard of WiFi doing that using a BCM94360NG, It needs nothing added kext or patch wise too get it working and should just work out of the box....hhhmmmmm
Ive seen this exact problem tons of times using the Intel wireless card and the way to fix it on that is to shut down the system and remove the power from the wall, Wait a few minutes and then plug it back in and boot back up and hey presto but that's a intel firmware issue curtesy of the kexts and shouldn't be a issue using a BCM94360NG. hhhmmmmm again...lol
Have you disabled or made your own USBMap.kext for your board as my one is wrong for the X570-i?
I have the itx board as well, the post before yours said he had the E model. Usually if USB ports aren’t mapped correctly the wireless will still work because it doesn’t need a USB port, just the Bluetooth bit won’t until you sort out the mapping. I’m thinking I may swap back in the intel card on a day when I have some free time. I use one on an NUC8 and the MSI z490 board and its suits me fine. I don’t really need wireless it’s just that it should work and doesn’t.
If you have any other thoughts let me know, appreciate it.

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
For the X570-I you can have a look at my Github repo :)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@dannymak What wireless card if any are you using?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.