AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I also red the cpu name changes with that kext. I am modifying the code inside to avoid boot flag.

Thank you in advance!
If you get it working then do let us know. There’s a thread on it and me and shaneee can’t get it working with our 5000 series cpus.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Not lucky, I have disabled CPUID detectection but still no luck...

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Not lucky, I have disabled CPUID detectection but still no luck...
Yeah, I have given up for now but it’s not over…lol
On the plus side, I now prefer using restrictevents to map the memory properly and have switched off my custom map. No errors showing and it’s also displaying the memory slots correctly. I’m happy with that alone but I want the cpu rename to work too to polish it off. I need to ask one of the OC Devs about it.

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, I have given up for now but it’s not over…lol
On the plus side, I now prefer using restrictevents to map the memory properly and have switched off my custom map. No errors showing and it’s also displaying the memory slots correctly. I’m happy with that alone but I want the cpu rename to work too to polish it off. I need to ask one of the OC Devs about it.
Yep, me too (RAM detection is better).

What about cosmetics? :LOL: Still working on it... As I said on the other post, AMD processor kext maybe guilty...

BTW, I also updated to last ethernet kext (Lucy)

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Yep, me too (RAM detection is better).

What about cosmetics? :LOL: Still working on it... As I said on the other post, AMD processor kext maybe guilty...

BTW, I also updated to last ethernet kext (Lucy)
It’s not the AMD kext no, I’ve tried that already, anything you can think of me or shaneee have tried. I thought It best to just forget about it for now and try again with a clear mind on it.

new Lucy kext is much better don’t you think?
Auto negotiation is working at 2.5 too. 👍
Its up in the resources section for all to use.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
OpenCore 0.6.9 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.3 Ready), 3rd May 2021

The EFI has now been updated to the my latest version.
Changes made include,
  • LucyRTL8125Ethernet 1.1.0
  • Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.0,
  • WhateverGreen 1.4.9,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.3,
  • RestrictEvents 1,0,1
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml Rewritten
  • SSDT-SBRG.aml Rewritten
  • agdpmod=pikera has been replaced with agdpmod=ignore
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.9 (Big Sur 11.4 Ready),
  • 2.5Ghz Ethernet Auto Negotiation Fixed
  • Memory Mapping is now Being done via RestrictEvents
  • About This Mac now displays the correct AMD Processor info done via RestrictEvents
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to the config.

Note 1 - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi/BigNavi GPU then remove agdpmod=ignore from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.8. Use the new Config.plist instead.

Note 3 - The RestrictEvents kext isn’t fully working when it comes to reading the systems cpu info at the moment and some Ryzen Processors like the 5900X are not displaying correctly in About This Mac but this should be rectified in the next revision of the kext.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following
pastedGraphic.png

Finally and as always, MAKE SURE YOU RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI.

OpenCore EFI Update V0.6.9 - 03/05/2021

Attachments

• Asus X570-E 069 EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
You are very quick. Thank you for update !
I’ve been working on the new EFI ever since 0.6.8 released. There’s many many changes compared to the last EFI.
All for the better though. 👍

lukakeiton

AMD OS X Member
It’s not the AMD kext no, I’ve tried that already, anything you can think of me or shaneee have tried. I thought It best to just forget about it for now and try again with a clear mind on it.

new Lucy kext is much better don’t you think?
Auto negotiation is working at 2.5 too. 👍
Its up in the resources section for all to use.
@AudioGod It is better to wait for us now xD

In fact, I have both ethernet cables plugged in and no difference for me. I have a 1GB download/upload speed. However, it is good to know this component is working at full speed.

Why do you use revcpu=1? According to code, it is enabled by default.

Have you try to inject layout number 7 instead 15?

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That default was actually broken in a previous build.

Ezaul

AMD OS X Member
Good Morning...

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the wonderful work you are doing in the very well done Efis with great quality and dedication if everyone were the same as you ...

Yesterday I updated your EFI 0.6.9 v1

I updated Big SUR 11.3.1

Since you have extensive knowledge, is there no fix for the microphone to work? I did some readings says it is a known problem of the sound drive with AMD processors?

Sorry my english i'm brazilian

Once again Thank you very much for the job!

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Ezaul Awesome buddy, I’m glad it’s all working for you well. Good Suff.
As for the mic input, Theres no fix currently using AppleALC I’m afraid.
the kext VoodooHDA instead of AppleALC used to be a work around for the mic input but that has problems with BigSur 11.3.
In my opinion the best thing you can do is get yourself a cheap usb audio adaptor or even better a DAC of some sort that’s compatible with macOS out of the box. There’s plenty low priced ones of either devices Out there to buy.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod It is better to wait for us now xD

In fact, I have both ethernet cables plugged in and no difference for me. I have a 1GB download/upload speed. However, it is good to know this component is working at full speed.

Have you try to inject layout number 7 instead 15?
V1.0.1 of RestrictEvents has troubles as you know, some people need the boot argument for it to work and some don't and for some like myself it won't work at all.

Its now been fixed with the latest version and is now working fine without the boot argument. (Well done vit)
Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 21.54.41.png

Im making full use of the 2.5ghz port so for me its a godsend that its working properly now.

Layout 21 works better then layout 7 using Big Sur. (it's more upto date as it was explained to me by the same man that fixed RestrictEvents) (y)
Also with Layout 7 if you restart from windows to Big Sur instead of shutting down windows the audio stops working in Big Sur and you need to shutdown and start back up to fix it. Layout 21 has no such problem (note - This only happens if you're using realteks win10 drivers, If you use windows built in audio drivers then audio doesn't break using layout 7)
I hope that clears things up for you bud.

Last edited:

Squizzy

AMD OS X Member
I like the layout of your thread! awesome work.

i am on an MSI X570 Edge Wifi board with ryzen 3600 and vega 56. i followed dortonia tutorial and osx worked for me, but no sleep and wake. dortonia says that SSDT-SBRG.aml is Intel only. why do you use it? i think you will have a reason for that.

any good tutorial out there providing enough info for what i need which ssdt on AMD systems and how to create them for my setup?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I like the layout of your thread! awesome work.

i am on an MSI X570 Edge Wifi board with ryzen 3600 and vega 56. i followed dortonia tutorial and osx worked for me, but no sleep and wake. dortonia says that SSDT-SBRG.aml is Intel only. why do you use it? i think you will have a reason for that.

any good tutorial out there providing enough info for what i need which ssdt on AMD systems and how to create them for my setup?
None of my SSDTs are from dortonia but are instead made up mostly manually with the exception of USBX.
SSDT-SBRG is Correcting EC, RTC memory and IRQ conflicts.

As for whats the best guide for AMD, The Dortonia Guide gives you all the basics you need and all the answers to problems like sleep not working etc etc.
The fine tuning just takes a lot of reading asking questions and sussing out what your system needs.
find a problem, find the cause and then Find the solution.

Lets start with you Wake Sleep Problem. 9 times out of 10 it’s usb related.
Have you Mapped your USB properly?
Do you have a Corsair AIO or USB Internal hub like a commander pro connected to your system?
If you are using SMBios iMacPro1,1 have you renamed XHC1 Or even better added SSDT-XHC?
If you are using 1,1 then add the ssdt to your ACPi,
Get it from here.

If you want you can start a new thread under post install and tag me in it and post your EFI and I will take a look at it for you?
This is alittle off topic for this thread as your using a different setup.

Last edited:

Owl

AMD OS X Member
Hello ) I apologize if I ask this question in the wrong topic, but: what about the XHC0? I understand correctly - this controller does not need to be renamed if i using 1.1 SMbios? I also have PTXH and AS43 controllers.

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hello ) I apologize if I ask this question in the wrong topic, but: what about the XHC0? I understand correctly - this controller does not need to be renamed if i using 1.1 SMbios? I also have PTXH and AS43 controllers.
Correct XHC0 is fine.
Saying that if your using SMBios1,1 and your board is a x570 then your best off using SSDT-XHC anyway as it maps out all the ports very nicely.

baronerosso

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Correct XHC0 is fine.
Saying that if your using SMBios1,1 and your board is a x570 then your best off using SSDT-XHC anyway as it maps out all the ports very nicely.
Given that I have a different motherboard than Owl, with SSDT-XHC in the zip there is an SSDT-USBX; should that also be used?

I have an iMacPro1,1 SMBios and mapped using USBMap-master. I have mapped several times using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP and XhciPortLimit enabling them in various combinations.
However, I find a XHC1 controller that obviously USBMap-master does not modify.

The results, however ... are identical. Using SSDT-XHC (which maps everything and deletes XHC1) or the kext generated by USBMap-master I still have the slip and wake problem

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Given that I have a different motherboard than Owl, with SSDT-XHC in the zip there is an SSDT-USBX; should that also be used?

I have an iMacPro1,1 SMBios and mapped using USBMap-master. I have mapped several times using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP and XhciPortLimit enabling them in various combinations.
However, I find a XHC1 controller that obviously USBMap-master does not modify.

The results, however ... are identical. Using SSDT-XHC (which maps everything and deletes XHC1) or the kext generated by USBMap-master I still have the slip and wake problem
Different motherboard, different problem and I have to point out again that this is off topic for this thread.

Last edited:

独独独心

AMD OS X Member
thank you very much! I changed your EFI to EFI that can be used by B550-UNIFY-X, and successfully ran BigSur11.4Bete2, thanks again! I have a question I want to ask. When I turn off the BigSur system, the network card will be powered off and Wake on LAN cannot be used. Wake on LAN can be used when shutting down under Windows 10. The Wake-on-LAN function is enabled in the bios, and the energy-saving settings of the BigSur system are also enabled. This problem has troubled me for a long time. After several days of inquiries, I haven't resolved it yet. Hope you can give some guidance. Thank you!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.